ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 04:32 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry to hijack this thread. But maybe it's time to trade down to a Hyundai! hahaha

Old 03-27-07, 04:47 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
sorry to hijack this thread. But maybe it's time to trade down to a Hyundai! hahaha

Well, is it known to have a trans issue,
wind noise, or diesel engine noise
Old 03-27-07, 04:57 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now, that's a great looking car!!
Old 03-27-07, 05:04 PM
mattvds
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with 2007es350. You should attempt to get lexus to buyback your cars. If they refuse, persue the lemon law. I was as fed up as you were a few months back and I almost took a 10k loss to trade in my ES. Thankfully, I let my head cool a bit and got lexus to do the right thing and buyback my problematic car. It does take a bit of effort, but the end result will be worth it.

Alternatively, if you really want to unload it, I would suggest trading it in now, or private party it before the '08's come out and devalue your car even more!
Old 03-27-07, 05:07 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by amf1932
Now, that's a great looking car!!
I agree it is.

At first though, knowing dunno's photoshop skills, I thought he had combined a GS and LS and blended the two car pics together...LOL

dunno, go get the scoop on them for us, find out if they pass the no annoying issue muster.
Old 03-27-07, 05:15 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mattvds
I agree with 2007es350. You should attempt to get lexus to buyback your cars. If they refuse, persue the lemon law. I was as fed up as you were a few months back and I almost took a 10k loss to trade in my ES. Thankfully, I let my head cool a bit and got lexus to do the right thing and buyback my problematic car. It does take a bit of effort, but the end result will be worth it.

Alternatively, if you really want to unload it, I would suggest trading it in now, or private party it before the '08's come out and devalue your car even more!
I'm considering it and your comment about devaluing further is appropriate as MD can tell us this week's blackbook which dropped again in less than a couple of weeks from last check!
Old 03-27-07, 05:46 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Believe it!!!! Hyundai quality is rapidly becomming reality, while Toyota slips into GM/Ford land... The Sonata compared to the Camry is a lot of car for the money.

FWIW - auto markets are changing rapidly... China and India have hella nice rides in the sub $5000 USD range.

Wait till you get to drive the new Chery... They copy everyone and are CHEAP! You will soon be able to buy 4-5 of these for the price of an ES... At that cost, who cares? They become damn near disposable. I love the way they use Westerners to advertise the car.

The logo even looks frighteningly Toyota....

http://www.cheryglobal.com/
Old 03-27-07, 06:17 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
I agree it is.

At first though, knowing dunno's photoshop skills, I thought he had combined a GS and LS and blended the two car pics together...LOL

dunno, go get the scoop on them for us, find out if they pass the no annoying issue muster.
It's the Hyundai Genesis. Currently have some details up here about it (you may have to scroll down a bit).
Old 03-27-07, 06:23 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you seen the new Hyundai Accent? Looks like a Corolla.
Old 03-27-07, 07:04 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm thinking Volvo S80 V8 AWD.......
Old 03-27-07, 10:39 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Default Farwell ES350 UL, Hello GS350.

Long story short my dealership called back this afternoon with an offer that was to good to pass up. Traded in the ES and got a good return on my ES purchase price. Discounted the GS350 4K and made me a super good deal on a set of 20” expensive rims that were already on the car. Mercury Metallic / Black Interior fully loaded ML, NAV, PA, XM, HID, RS Needless to say I’m totally jazzed about the deal and car. Finally 8 months of chaos is over for me. I feel like I’ve graduated from ES350 boot camp and ready for a better time. Don’t know what else to say tonight, so I’ll try to post some pictures tomorrow some time. Good night all.
Old 03-28-07, 04:49 AM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oso - Congrats on the new ride. I'm happy to hear it finally has come together for you. Looking forward to the pics and details.

Pete
Old 03-28-07, 05:54 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wanderer99
It's the Hyundai Genesis. Currently have some details up here about it (you may have to scroll down a bit).
Thanks wanderer, and I also went to autoweek I think it was....it's an 08 model with a V8 engine 6 spd transmission coming out this year to compete with MB, Lexus etc. and here is the noteworthy. When asked about it's particulars, all Huyndai said was:

"Well over 300 hp, Well under 30,000 dollars"

Oso....congrats on your freedom from issues and I hope you enjoy your new car!

Last edited by ES350Bob; 03-28-07 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-28-07, 01:48 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by osokuko
Long story short my dealership called back this afternoon with an offer that was to good to pass up. Traded in the ES and got a good return on my ES purchase price. Discounted the GS350 4K and made me a super good deal on a set of 20” expensive rims that were already on the car. Mercury Metallic / Black Interior fully loaded ML, NAV, PA, XM, HID, RS Needless to say I’m totally jazzed about the deal and car. Finally 8 months of chaos is over for me. I feel like I’ve graduated from ES350 boot camp and ready for a better time. Don’t know what else to say tonight, so I’ll try to post some pictures tomorrow some time. Good night all.

excellent decision. fool you twice, shame on you.
but 3rd time's the charm.
Old 03-28-07, 03:16 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Default pictures

Thanks guys, there I was yesterday at work wondering what in the heck I was going to do about this ES. Then my wife called with the offer from the dealership, do you what that GS you keep looking at for $$$$. They met my offer of 2 days ago. Suddenly it was like the sun came out after a long storm. Went to the dealership and did the paperwork again, seems like I was just there 4 weeks ago with the ES. Anyway drove it to work today and love the car. My biggest disappointment with the ES from the start besides the trans was “where’s the wood!!” I happy to say I have all the wood I wanted now. I want to thank each and every one of you for the support, laughs, information, and most of all being there for me. I’m not leaving the ES forum because it’s home, sure I’ll look at the GS stuff but this home. Ok enough of the emotional stuff have a look at some of the quick pictures I took. Thanks again guys.
Attached Thumbnails Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?-dsc00647.jpg  

Quick Reply: Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?