Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Enabling the NAV system features when driving

Old 05-11-11, 11:50 AM   #106
krishnabh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

I have ES 350 and I tried the combination to override navigation system. It did not work. Am I missing something?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
krishnabh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 09:03 AM   #107
jerfitz
Pole Position

Krishnabh,

Over the years since this thread was put here back in 2007 the number one reason the new CD re-burn fails is because your CD burner hardware will not burn the new double density CD properly. The solution is to try to burn the new CD on a friends CD burner.

JerryF
Old 06-25-11, 12:19 PM   #108
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Thanks for this tutorial. I successfully made a hybrid disc out of the new 10.1 gen 5 disc. I was happy to see that you can do the finger tapping while the car is in motion.
LenniePaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 06:55 PM   #109
lexylexy
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenniePaz View Post
Thanks for this tutorial. I successfully made a hybrid disc out of the new 10.1 gen 5 disc. I was happy to see that you can do the finger tapping while the car is in motion.
How does one get such a DVD if not a computer person? I wouldn't have a clue about the copying and etc...thanks in advance. PM if need be.
lexylexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-11, 08:29 PM   #110
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylexy View Post
How does one get such a DVD if not a computer person? I wouldn't have a clue about the copying and etc...thanks in advance. PM if need be.
If you are not a computer person, you are basically SOL. Read through these 8 pages and see if you can grasp what people are talking about.
LenniePaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:50 AM   #111
wbastone
Driver School Candidate

Default Navi w/o DVD

Good morning all, just picked my new '11 ES: w /navi. Just wondering is there any way to play a dvd on a non Levinson nav. I didn't realize the standard nav would not play them. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker, just disapointed is all.
wbastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 09:54 AM   #112
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to amf1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbastone View Post
Good morning all, just picked my new '11 ES: w /navi. Just wondering is there any way to play a dvd on a non Levinson nav. I didn't realize the standard nav would not play them. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker, just disapointed is all.
I'm afraid not.
UL Package
Navigation - Mark Levinson Audio

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/amf1932/ES350NewSig.jpg
amf1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 11:56 AM   #113
fcyam
Driver School Candidate

Smile Swapping out the ES350 navigation map DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by amf1932 View Post
Your dealership is kinda full of it. The disk is right behind the plastic strip.
I also was afraid of breaking the strip, but after using my two hands and pushing it firmly upward, it finally released, WITH NO TOOLS!! You then eject the old nav disk and then put in the new one. You have to find the proper page on the nav screen which allows the ejection of the disk. If you need further help, it's in the Owners Manual. Good luck.
Glad to be able to view this post. If this were just the 1" wide plastic strip, I might not be afraid to push up, but with it being double that width and having all the 5 command buttons on the lower half of the strip, it's likely something will break if I used further force. Wonder if you could explain further. Thanks.
fcyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-11, 12:05 PM   #114
fcyam
Driver School Candidate

Smile Swapping out the ES350 navigation map DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslang4d View Post
I too have a 2007 ES350 and need to swap out the old Nav disk for the latest version. Please confirm/give additional detail about the location of the Nav disk, how to get access to it, and replace it. That plastic strip with "Lexus" at the bottom of the nav screen seems pretty secure....any tips on how to get that off without breaking it???? By the way, the service dept at a local Lexus dealership said that the disk is located behind the radio, it takes a "special tool" to get it out and it's very complicated! That is why they charge $100 to swap it out.....that's the way to get more business!

Thanks for any help/replies!
After reading another member's reply, did you have luck replacing the map DVD? The bottom part of the "Lexus" strip on mine has 5 buttons and I am kind of scared to push up too hard in case something breaks or get disconnected. Could you explain further if you successfully swapped out the map by yourself? Thanks.
Old 11-13-11, 01:57 PM   #115
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcyam View Post
Glad to be able to view this post. If this were just the 1" wide plastic strip, I might not be afraid to push up, but with it being double that width and having all the 5 command buttons on the lower half of the strip, it's likely something will break if I used further force. Wonder if you could explain further. Thanks.
I realized that after I made the original post, I should have explained that my car is the Luxury Edition with the Mark Levinson audio system, so the layout might be different , concerning how and where to install the Nav DVD. Sorry.
UL Package

Old 11-15-11, 05:26 AM   #116
dreyfus

Quote:
I realized that after I made the original post, I should have explained that my car is the Luxury Edition with the Mark Levinson audio system, so the layout might be different , concerning how and where to install the Nav DVD. Sorry.
This is the map DVD cover being removed. The map DVD slot is behind it. Literally stick your thumbnails under this piece of plastic above the buttions and push straight up towards the top of the screen. To replace, just press down until it snaps at the bottom of each end.
Attached Images

dreyfus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 06:37 AM   #117
amf1932
Lexus Champion

That photo says it all...........good job!!!
UL Package

Old 11-21-11, 07:12 AM   #118
fcyam
Driver School Candidate

Smile Enabling the NAV system features when driving

Quote:
That photo says it all...........good job!!!
Thanks to Dreyfus and AMF1932, I pushed a credit card into the gap between the "Lexus" cover and the "buttons" cover. Lift up on the credit card and the cover released. Now it seems so easy.
Old 02-04-12, 08:20 AM   #119
retiredva
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav update

Recently purchased a certified 2010 ES 350. Has the 9.1 Nav. version. Want to update to the 11.1 version. Any way of legally doing that w/o paying the dealer $250 to buy and install? Anywhere else to buy? Saw the post about prying off the front cover to get at the DVD insert. A helpless person like me will probably break the plastic, but guess I could try.
Many thanks!
retiredva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 08:49 AM   #120
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredva View Post
Recently purchased a certified 2010 ES 350. Has the 9.1 Nav. version. Want to update to the 11.1 version. Any way of legally doing that w/o paying the dealer $250 to buy and install? Anywhere else to buy? Saw the post about prying off the front cover to get at the DVD insert. A helpless person like me will probably break the plastic, but guess I could try.
Many thanks!
I haven't heard of anyplace to get the 11.1 update anywhere other than the dealer. The new gen Camry has a HDD system like your car (no DVD) maybe a Toyota dealer can do the upgrade for a little less than at Lexus but not sure.
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-12, 08:49 AM

Tags
71, burn, detect, disc, driving, dual, dvd, is350, iso, latest, layer, lexus, nav, navigation, philips, spd2410l1, system, telephone