ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus Removes Trans TSIB and Calls Trans Slipping a Normal Characteristic

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-07, 11:07 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I think what e-man posted a couple of days ago on this thread, bears repeating:

"Let's all take a step back, a deep breath, and calm down. Before we crucify Lexus, can one of the Lexus insiders who frequents this forum confirm whether or not this is true? Lexus has a pack of wolves, I mean lawyers, working for them, and there is no way the lawyers would allow the company to cancel a TSB and openly claim that a potentially dangerous operating condition is "normal." Until we confirm this information, I'll reserve judgment."
Old 02-24-07, 11:21 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I think what e-man posted a couple of days ago on this thread, bears repeating:

"Let's all take a step back, a deep breath, and calm down. Before we crucify Lexus, can one of the Lexus insiders who frequents this forum confirm whether or not this is true? Lexus has a pack of wolves, I mean lawyers, working for them, and there is no way the lawyers would allow the company to cancel a TSB and openly claim that a potentially dangerous operating condition is "normal." Until we confirm this information, I'll reserve judgment."
Right, but isn't PureBliss a Lexus insider? He purports to be, but we'll probably never know for sure because if he did work for Lexus corporate, he would never identify himself.
Old 02-24-07, 11:41 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Purebliss works for Lexus Corp somewhere in the North East. He has posted some really informative stuff previously, some of which was only 'rumor' at Lexus corp but later became reality. I think he is definitely an 'inside man' to us, and we really need that around here. The mixed messages we get from the dealers and even Lexus Corp Customer service only serve to cloud things.

Some of his great input can be read at:
Current model IS and GS models with engine leaks (now ES too...)
Current model GS has computer engine problems

TMSUSA - now would be a great time to get back on this board and make a statement to clarify things from your official Corp level. You could possibly just make a statement (no debate even required) about:
a) trans problems, define each one (there have been multiple)
b) Valve body TSIB and how\why it was introduced and what you learnt.
c) Trans replacement TSIB and how\why it was introduced and what you learnt.
d) What you're going to do now.

Simple. Let TMSUSA come and explain what the deal is with the above. Then we'll all know for sure. If that doesn't happen, then everything in this thread stands.
Old 02-24-07, 12:32 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 909dude
...I later found out that it housed the B17 Stealth fighter before it was released to the public.
A little OT but you mean "F-117" right? The B-17 "Flying Fortress" was a WWII bomber.
Old 02-24-07, 01:39 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

What do Toyota auto executives have to do to have been hauled out in handcuffs last year, I mean just how serious a charge is it when you are hauled out in handcuffs and then for an entire corporation to have been censured by it's government? So far we have my input from 2 dealers on this issue, Autiger's, and of course 2007. Some require more to know something is up. Claiming normal operation characteristic to excuse or hide defects is a pattern with Lexus on wind noise and engine noise and also the transmission if it can be gotten away with for those who were told it is learning, myself and wanderer and many others.

"Last summer, the Japanese government censured Toyota and arrested three of its top executives for allegedly failing for eight years to disclose and act upon reports of a design flaw implicated in loss-of-control incidents."
http://www.thestar.com/article/182948
Old 02-24-07, 02:51 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by purebliss
If you really want this problem resolved you must take extreme measures to get there attention otherwise I feel bad to say you will be ignored. Remember 1 thing Lexus hates is bad press and also remember the ES is lexus and dealerships bread and butter car. If you get know where you can always put a sign on your car and go to your dealer on a Sat with a sign that reads all your problems you have had with the car and you will see how soon a GM will come out and replace that car. If not that they will contact a Lexus rep. If you wait any longer you will have no shot. So if your on the fence with this either do something or call it a day.
thank you pure for your suggestions.

How is this for extreme measure?

The first peep of cannot duplicate or claim of normal or even one more roundabout 60 questions conversation to get anywhere as I prepare to take my car in and I will write to the Justice Minister of the Government of Japan via e-mail link through the Japanese Consulate website in my state asking them to please forward to the Minister of Justice. I will include both ES350 VIN # and ask they please investigate and include as many links to demonstrate volumes of people affected as time permits. It seems the Japanese government is VERY honorable and caring if they have arrested Toyota executives for allegedly hiding dangerous defects. I have never heard of any other auto executives being arrested except by the Japanese government so they take matters such as this very seriously.

I have already had this normal characteristic pulled on me once with former ES350 left stuck in it being told it was learning and blatantly lied to by Lexus corporate officials, it will NOT happen twice without serious consequences for those pulling this nonsense.

I do think there are good people at Toyota/Lexus, sadly they are strong armed by people who hold authority over them and as a result we then see and experience the present circumstances.
Old 02-24-07, 02:59 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I was on TTen this weekend... The TSIB's advising transmission replacement were still online.

There-hence-forth, I think the topic of this thread is stupid.
LoL~!
Old 02-24-07, 03:08 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pheonix
I was on TTen this weekend... The TSIB's advising transmission replacement were still online.

There-hence-forth, I think the topic of this thread is stupid.
LoL~!
I assure you I am not making up the fact that I was ultimately, after much conversational wrangling, told NO more transmission replacements unless the car was dead as to movement by one dealer. autiger had the amnesia routine pulled on him and 2007 was given a heads up by his dealer.

How long did the valve body TSIB stay up while dealers were ignoring it and replacing transmissions instead, and how long did it stay up after Wanderer was told it was being yanked early-mid December, it stayed up at least a month from Wanderer's input on the subject.
Old 02-24-07, 04:43 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

I can't comment on a status of TSIB due to a lack of ALLDATA website access. But one thing I know for sure. My dealership (two locations next to each other) where I had my buyback (ater 2 failed trannies, and knowing for a fact about a number of other buybacks and tranny replacements) started to deny an existence of tranny flare problem and lying straight to a face of someone with this problem (ES350 w/early 2006 build date). This is a fact, and you can draw your own conclusions
Old 02-24-07, 05:44 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by twister
I can't comment on a status of TSIB due to a lack of ALLDATA website access. But one thing I know for sure. My dealership (two locations next to each other) where I had my buyback (ater 2 failed trannies, and knowing for a fact about a number of other buybacks and tranny replacements) started to deny an existence of tranny flare problem and lying straight to a face of someone with this problem (ES350 w/early 2006 build date). This is a fact, and you can draw your own conclusions
That is the amnesia approach it seems.

Maybe it is because I owned a manufacturing company as the reason I do not hold it against these dealer employees that they deceive, up to a point I do not anyway. I feel sorry up to a point that they are so intimidated and fearful of losing their job that they will do this or even attempt to do this.

It is beginning to seem auto-forums are not always read by car manufacturers in order to improve their product, but also so they can then go censor info on the car too by instructing dealers-dealer employees.
Old 02-24-07, 06:24 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

This may be what some of the dealers are telling you, but I know for a fact it's still in the system after the date of this original post. I've had them sitting on my desktop for two days now.

Old 02-24-07, 06:35 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Pheonix,

Thank you for posting a copy of the TSIB. It may help some to take a copy of it in regardless of what is being said, it would be hard to argue with a copy in hand.

Better still there were no bloody deer strike pics posted with it.
Old 02-24-07, 06:41 PM
rh26
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Customer Lost

Well, I think I'm out of here. This spring I am planning to make my first luxury car purchase. The ES350 was at the top of my list. As I stated on a previous post:
I've followed this forum since about August-September during very initial car research. After a while I had removed the ES350 from my short list out of concern regarding the transmission. ... Imagine my relief when the January TSIB was released. I was convinced this meant Lexus had redesigned/fixed the transmission and that a spring purchase would be free from worries (okay, maybe wind noise is a concern but I could identify that at pre-purchase).
But now it appears that not only is the problem still around, the much lauded Lexus customer experience is a sham. Lexus has really blown it-- I had envisioned this as the beginning of a 20-25 year type relationship. So what have they lost; something like 5-6 new car purchases? I guess I'll go buy from Infiniti or Acura.

I have really appreciated this forum. It has certainly kept me from making a $35,000 mistake. I'll probably drop by again in April/May right before I pull the trigger on one of the other brands but I'm not optimistic (even if the transmission problem gets solved by then, I don't think I can trust Lexus as a company).
Old 02-24-07, 06:48 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

^well whatever floats your boat, but understand Honda has yet to mate a working automatic transmission to a v6 in 20 years of trying LoL!

So buy a manual if you're going Acura! LoLoLoLoLoLoL!!!!!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-24-07 at 08:06 PM. Reason: no need for rude comment
Old 02-24-07, 07:41 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pheonix
^well whatever floats your [edited], but understand Honda has yet to mate a working automatic transmission to a v6 in 20 years of trying LoL!

So buy a manual if you're going Acura! LoLoLoLoLoLoL!!!!!
Both Honda and Toyota suck with trannys. The mating is aweful. Neither was designed with the tranny actually mating properly to the engine. And the drive by wire is another horror. Toyota has never got the programming right.

They could learn form the Germans and ZF on this one.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-24-07 at 08:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus Removes Trans TSIB and Calls Trans Slipping a Normal Characteristic