ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
View Poll Results: My taste in Sunglasses is like that of, select as many options below as apply
Carol Channing
7.41%
Dame Edna
3.70%
Elton John
3.70%
Bono
7.41%
Clint Eastwood
3.70%
Aviator
18.52%
I did not know we had a sunglass holder
3.70%
Mine fit nicely in the holder
66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

ES350 Sunglass Holder Problem, No Problem, Poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-06, 06:13 AM
mikecan01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunglass Storage a Joke

Ok, I have tried all 3 pairs of sunglasses I own and NONE of them fit in the overhead sunglass storage area. Is this a joke? Why didn't they make this thing deeper? I have to store my glasses in the center console and they barely fit with everything else in there.

I just don't get it. It's a waste of space. I guess if this is one of my only complaints, I can consider myself lucky.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Mike
Old 11-23-06, 06:31 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikecan01
Ok, I have tried all 3 pairs of sunglasses I own and NONE of them fit in the overhead sunglass storage area. Is this a joke? Why didn't they make this thing deeper? I have to store my glasses in the center console and they barely fit with everything else in there.

I just don't get it. It's a waste of space. I guess if this is one of my only complaints, I can consider myself lucky.

Mike
Mike,

If you have no wind noise, diesel engine noise, no trans oddities, none of the other issues, I'd say storing your glasses is a minor issue, but only by comparison to all other issues you could have.

May I suggest you use one side of your drink holder for this purpose or remove the drink holder seperator plastic and use that entire area for all kinds of storage.
Old 11-23-06, 06:34 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Happy T-day!

It might serve you well to not take styling tips from Carrie Donovan when purchasing sunglasses?

If they made the compartment large enough for her sunglasses, my Maui Jims would get lost in there.

I've seen some clips that go on the visor that make it easy to attach sunglasses?

Old 11-23-06, 06:40 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by onsknht
Happy T-day!

It might serve you well to not take styling tips from Carrie Donovan when purchasing sunglasses?

If they made the compartment large enough for her sunglasses, my Maui Jims would get lost in there.

I've seen some clips that go on the visor that make it easy to attach sunglasses?

[/IMG]
Ons...OMG that was too funny.....ROTFL..

Somehow I don't think Mike's are like Ms. Channings.
Old 11-23-06, 08:10 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem with my sun glasses. I have been able to flip them around several times until they lay in a certain position that the door closes and my glasses are not damaged.

Toyota and Lexus needs to wake up!! I have the same issue with the holder in my wife's Toyota Sienna van. It has the same silly design.
Old 11-23-06, 08:16 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MD350
I have the same problem with my sun glasses. I have been able to flip them around several times until they lay in a certain position that the door closes and my glasses are not damaged.

Toyota and Lexus needs to wake up!! I have the same issue with the holder in my wife's Toyota Sienna van. It has the same silly design.

MD,

See ons post, we have inquiring minds now.

Maybe we need a sunglass poll, something like this.

My choice in sun eyeware is similar to:

A-Carol Channing
B-Dame Edna
C-Elton John
D-Bono
E-Clint Eastwood
Old 11-23-06, 08:24 AM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikecan01

I agree completely. My sunglasses are in the side pocket on the driver's door because they won't fit in that stupid overhead bin.

In fact, on the second day of ownership I stuffed my glasses in the bin and then couldn't get it open. I ended up taking the car back to the dealer and they got my glasses out, breaking the compartment in the process. They had to replace the enitre overhead console.

So yeah, the sunglasses holder is a complete waste of space.
Old 11-23-06, 08:26 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Default ES350 Sunglass Holder Problem, No Problem, Poll

Some are experiencing problems with their sunglasses fitting in the holder provided.

Here is a poll that may reveal reasons for same and some may offer alternatives for placement.
Old 11-23-06, 08:47 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I tried to be light hearted about this issue but if your's do not fit nicely in the holder, not selecting that option does register in total of percentages.
Old 11-24-06, 09:36 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onsknht
... my Maui Jims would get lost in there.
Do I see a pattern developing here with Lexus drivers prefering Maui Jims over other brands? I can not live without mine!!! Keep those usually in the original zipup case
Old 11-24-06, 02:01 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twister
Do I see a pattern developing here with Lexus drivers prefering Maui Jims over other brands? I can not live without mine!!! Keep those usually in the original zipup case
I have a pair sitting in front of me that I bought in 1997, was just wearing them today... The eye doc was making fun of me for having them so long, it convinced me to buy another pair, but I like the old ones better.
Old 11-27-06, 12:51 PM
e-Mel
Rookie

Originally Posted by twister

Ditto! Can't go a day without my MJ titanium Kapalua. They fit in the overhead compartment nicely too.
Old 11-27-06, 02:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dame Edna...

Haven't heard about her for a while...

Old 11-27-06, 02:52 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Dame Edna...

Haven't heard about her for a while...
Philip...don't know how you found pic of him/her but it is easy to see those glasses and sun version would be a tight fit in the old holder.
Old 11-27-06, 03:03 PM
sarge43
Driver

No problems with fitment. Just remember to close the door after retrieving or stowing your glasses as it blocks the rear view mirror nicely.

Quick Reply: ES350 Sunglass Holder Problem, No Problem, Poll