List of current ES350 TSIBs

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-13, 11:02 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Add these to the list

does this mean that the ES350 Navigation unit display needs to be replaced ? i know this is 6 years old
but i can't get the voice Commands to work for the climate control 95% of the time
so wondering if this means i need to replace the navi display unit or is it a update software update ?
Old 03-11-13, 10:14 PM
dpolite3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to this forum and thanks for the information Twister!
Old 08-04-13, 11:28 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YotaCarFan
Issue: Vehicle shudders when lightly accelerating after an upshift around the following speeds: 26, 36, and 44 mph. Production changes to the torque converter have been made to fix this.

Production change VIN: JTHBJ46G # 82196161

The Repair: Replace the torque converter

Comment: Looks like Toyota has ferreted out and fixed the last of the U660E transmission problems. Kudos to them. Unfortunately, my dealer keeps telling me my car is "operating as designed", even though the shop foreman was able to reproduce the problem. Note that this "shudder" feels" much like a shift flare, but the tach doesn't spike like it does for the flare. It feels like a power sag and "thunk". Any brave souls up for seeing whether any dealers out there can replace a torque converter w/o scratching/breaking something or forgetting to put everything back correctly? This is a more complex job than a transmission replacement - one must remove the transmission, then separate the transmission and torque converter pieces.

Has anyone had this TSIB done? I would like to know your experiences... Thanks
Old 02-09-14, 04:32 PM
TMoseley
Driver School Candidate

Smile Gear shift illumination

Just purchased a clean 2008 Lexus ES350, Seems to be in good shape with only 68,000 miles. The lights next to gear shift are not illuminating. Does anyone know how to fix this, I am assuming it is a bulb that needs replacement. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-13-14, 08:35 PM
irishlady
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the info and the invaluable TSIB new to this only have about 30K on our 2007 ES350 have it since August and it has problems as listed. Heading to the dealer tomorrow.
Old 03-03-14, 08:25 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

sorry but are these considered recalls?
Old 12-31-14, 08:42 AM
maharot22
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, First post here in CL,

I bought a 2007 ES350 from a dealer with 120k miles now, I pulled the service record of this car from the net (dont remember the site but i found it here aswell in CL) and much to my suprise, the previous 1st original owner never did any TSIB listed on this site. Given that the car is 7 years old with 120k miles,.

1. Can I still take this car to the dealer for the TSIB's?
2. Will the TSIB cover the repair cost? (Professional and Parts?)
3. Or am I just out of luck?

The TSIB im referring specifically is the Transmission Flare where it shifts erratic from 3rd to 4th gear, feels like trans is slipping.

Thank you in advance and Happy new year Fellaz.
Old 12-31-14, 08:51 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by maharot22
Hey guys, First post here in CL,

I bought a 2007 ES350 from a dealer with 120k miles now, I pulled the service record of this car from the net (dont remember the site but i found it here aswell in CL) and much to my suprise, the previous 1st original owner never did any TSIB listed on this site. Given that the car is 7 years old with 120k miles,.

1. Can I still take this car to the dealer for the TSIB's?
2. Will the TSIB cover the repair cost? (Professional and Parts?)
3. Or am I just out of luck?

The TSIB im referring specifically is the Transmission Flare where it shifts erratic from 3rd to 4th gear, feels like trans is slipping.

Thank you in advance and Happy new year Fellaz.
Did the previous owners have the VVT high pressure hose replaced? That's an important one as there were problems with them rupturing.

The trans flare seems to be a quirk that doesn't seem to effect long term reliability.
Old 12-31-14, 09:03 AM
maharot22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Did the previous owners have the VVT high pressure hose replaced? That's an important one as there were problems with them rupturing.

The trans flare seems to be a quirk that doesn't seem to effect long term reliability.
Hi,

Im afraid not, I looked up the service record and only found that dealer replaced the water pump around 90k miles but nothing pertains to the VVT HP hose. If anything, If I call the dealer about the VVT HP hose TSIB given the condition of my car, you guys think they will take it?

Thanks.
Old 12-31-14, 09:07 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 855 Likes on 650 Posts

There's a recall for that VVT hose.
Old 12-31-14, 09:19 AM
maharot22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LjeksesES
There's a recall for that VVT hose.
Hi,

So if I take this car to the dealer for this recall, I shouldn't be paying anything at all and should be covered right? How about for the other TSIB's posted, If let's say that the Transmission Flare was proven to this care, would that also be covered as far as parts and labor with no financial responsibility in my end?

Thanks
Old 12-31-14, 10:01 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,

So if I take this car to the dealer for this recall, I shouldn't be paying anything at all and should be covered right? How about for the other TSIB's posted, If let's say that the Transmission Flare was proven to this care, would that also be covered as far as parts and labor with no financial responsibility in my end?

Thanks
The easiest and best way is to call your dealer or the Lexus Corporation and ask them.
Old 12-31-14, 10:04 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by amf1932
The easiest and best way is to call your dealer or the Lexus Corporation and ask them.
I agree. Go right to the source.
Old 01-01-15, 07:08 AM
ESh
Lead Lap

Received 855 Likes on 650 Posts

Hi,

Thanks

They should replace the hose for free.
Old 09-12-16, 11:28 AM
Blue Moose Engineering
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YotaCarFan
SB date: 26 Jan 2009

Applicability: 2007, 2008 ES3500

Issue: Under some conditions, an internal part may break, causing a "popping" noise, followed by the power window no longer going up/down when the window button is pressed

Repair: Replace window glass (new version of window has stronger mounting tabs on it)
Or visit my website and purchase a repair kit with a replacement aluminum tab for about 10% of the cost of a new window - PM me for a 15% Club Lexus member discount - multi-part and repair shop discounts available as well

http://bluemooseengineering.com

Quick Reply: List of current ES350 TSIBs