ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Yay!! Just picked up my ES!!

Old 11-18-06, 11:21 AM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yay!! Just picked up my ES!!

Just want to share the great news - I finally received my ES last night! It's a UL with Nav/ML and Park Assist in Smokey Granite color with gray interior. I went through the checklist made available on the previous "preparing for arrival" posts (thanks a bunch you guys) and all seems perfect right now.

I only have 19 miles on the car after driving it home from the dealership. I think I'll go knock on wood, cross my fingers, and sacrifice a few chickens and hope the car gods will spare my car from any defects. It's a 10/06 build.

I'm really loving this car (I just graduated from an '05 Camry XLE V6), now all I need is to give it a name
Old 11-18-06, 11:34 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07LexusGuy
Just want to share the great news - I finally received my ES last night! It's a UL with Nav/ML and Park Assist in Smokey Granite color with gray interior. I went through the checklist made available on the previous "preparing for arrival" posts (thanks a bunch you guys) and all seems perfect right now.

I only have 19 miles on the car after driving it home from the dealership. I think I'll go knock on wood, cross my fingers, and sacrifice a few chickens and hope the car gods will spare my car from any defects. It's a 10/06 build.

I'm really loving this car (I just graduated from an '05 Camry XLE V6), now all I need is to give it a name
Gongrats to you! Hope you enjoy it and... poor chickens..j/k

and the SG color is hot
Old 11-18-06, 12:32 PM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Enjoy your happy time! The Camry XLE is a great car. Your ES350 is far, far better.
Old 11-18-06, 12:42 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Your color combo was my first choice!
Old 11-18-06, 01:26 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Congrats LexusGuy! Keep us posted on your first impressions on this car as I'm sure everyone will want to know.

I decided on the SGM as well. Love it and hate it. (My previous ES was white.) The metal flake is absolutely stunning in the sun light. But living at the ocean front...I have to wash mine every weekend. Just got back in from a thorough cleaning as we speak. But, it's a labor of love.

I will be interested to know if you find the grey mats as difficult to keep from turning brown as I did. I changed over to black. Goes great with the SGM/grey. Now I only need to vacuum as opposed to steam clean.
Old 11-18-06, 01:36 PM
Vandam
Rookie

Congrat's on your new ride...enjoy it!

Pic's please
Old 11-18-06, 02:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

What were you doing online? You shoulda been out driving your new car! Or reading the owners manual - It's huge. Good luck with the new ride...
Old 11-18-06, 04:23 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats from one UL to another!
Old 11-18-06, 05:36 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations and good luck!!! Don't get discouraged with negative posts. Their purpose is for awareness for other ES350 drivers and hopefully Corporate Lexus office.
Old 11-18-06, 06:03 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Thanks for all your responses you guys! I'm really loving this car - its truly an upgrade for me from the Camry (the Camry was a superb car too, dont get me wrong - its the best selling car for good reasons).

ES350Bob - LOL, hopefully those chickens will be enough to appease the car gods. (j/k)

Macklin - yah, I work in an area with trees that drip their sap on your car as if it was raining the stuff! I actually end up washing my car every weekend too to keep the sap from hardening on the paint - yuck! Oh and the salesman agreed to throw in the weathermats for free - hopefully that'll keep the interior carpeting from getting dirty too quickly.

LexBob2 - Indeed, the manual is gigantic, it took up all the room in the glove box! The RX's manual is a bit bigger but its glovebox is also bigger so that didn't seem so large at the time.

Twister - I've been following a lot of these posts regarding the issues everyone have been encountering. I don't feel in any way discouraged about buying the car, but I do feel more aware of what's out there (just in case). Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I'll post pictures as I get them. Thanks again for your responses everyone!
Old 11-19-06, 06:24 PM
Patric
Pole Position

Congratulations on your new ES.

Just curious which dealer you ended up going with?

Pat
Old 11-19-06, 07:14 PM
discoverer
Driver School Candidate

Congratulations on your SGM, I have left 3 month. It will be the SGM with black interior.
How do you like your SGM colour? I am still not 100% sure if I choose right one.
Discoverer
Old 11-19-06, 09:14 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Patric
Congratulations on your new ES.

Just curious which dealer you ended up going with?

Pat
Thanks Pat,

I ended up going with Lexus of Seattle in Lynnwood. I have a good relationship with one of the sales rep there and we've bought several cars from them before so I received a better deal there than in the other dealers.

It was a satisfying experience
Old 11-19-06, 09:18 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by discoverer
Congratulations on your SGM, I have left 3 month. It will be the SGM with black interior.
How do you like your SGM colour? I am still not 100% sure if I choose right one.
Discoverer
Actually, my first color of choice was a Black Sapphire (the super deep blue, almost black one) but none was available or even expected to arrive any time soon.

This color was my second choice but I think its very nice. In fact its starting to really grow on me - a lot of people have concured, they like it a lot. If you like dark exterior colors, I think you'll find this one very nice too. The gray leather interior is too light however, and I can see that stains will be more visible on this.

Your black interior is probably a very good choice as you'll have a higher chance of hiding any stains or mishaps But be careful during hotter summer days when that interior can get mighty warm.

Hope it turns out well for you - I know it'll be an agonizing three months to wait, but be assured it's well worth the wait!
Old 11-19-06, 10:02 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Congrats on a wise choice on car and color. Here's an unbiased comment: You got the coolest, hottest, most awesome color combo.
Enjoy this baby.... it's an awesome ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yay!! Just picked up my ES!!