ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Yay!! Just picked up my ES!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 10:43 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Congrats on a wise choice on car and color. Here's an unbiased comment: You got the coolest, hottest, most awesome color combo.
Enjoy this baby.... it's an awesome ride.
Thanks for the compliments

LOL

I hope we dont end up parking next to each other some day. The only difference between our cars would be the license plate... and knowing how careless I am, I might end up walking out and grabbing the handle on the wrong car expecting it to open. Haha - that would be a funny sight.
Old 11-21-06, 12:43 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07LexusGuy
Just want to share the great news - I finally received my ES last night! It's a UL with Nav/ML and Park Assist in Smokey Granite color with gray interior.
Congrats on your great purchase...I have the exact same car as you (SGM UL, light gray interior w/ Nav/ML/PA...dunno if you got the rear spoiler option--have it on mine...no factory XM but I think I may buy and install that myself eventually).
Old 11-21-06, 12:51 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Macklin
I decided on the SGM as well. Love it and hate it. (My previous ES was white.) The metal flake is absolutely stunning in the sun light. But living at the ocean front...I have to wash mine every weekend. Just got back in from a thorough cleaning as we speak. But, it's a labor of love.
I know what you mean; your post just reminded me of the 5+ hours I spent this past weekend re-detailing the exterior of my car--dealer didn't do a good job w/ their "free" car wash and subsequently introduced swirl marks all over my car. The 5+ hours was how much time I spent washing the car, buffing out the swirl marks, applying glaze, then finally applying wax...but it was worth it--car finish looks better than it did the day I drove it off the lot...the surface so smooth and slick when I lightly glide my fingers over it that it feels like butter.
Old 11-21-06, 01:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

toneman, do you know what type of car wash equipment your dealer has? I got my car washed when it was in for the 5k service and was uneasy about possibly getting swirl marks on the SGM, but fortunately none appeared. The dealership just opened a new facility so the car wash is new too. I noticed they used a huge amount of water during the wash and maybe that helps to reduce swirling. They have the brushless fabric-type of brushes in the wash. Still not sure if I'd use it regularly.
Old 11-21-06, 05:00 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexBob2
toneman, do you know what type of car wash equipment your dealer has? I got my car washed when it was in for the 5k service and was uneasy about possibly getting swirl marks on the SGM, but fortunately none appeared. The dealership just opened a new facility so the car wash is new too. I noticed they used a huge amount of water during the wash and maybe that helps to reduce swirling. They have the brushless fabric-type of brushes in the wash. Still not sure if I'd use it regularly.
To be honest w/ you, I don't know the answer to that...although any answer to that question would sorta be moot at this point--at least when it comes to that particular dealer...not unless they do half-a** car washes for those customers who are bringing their cars in for non-warranty related service requests...

FWIW--the swirl marks weren't that bad, but quite frankly I can do a better wash job w/o leaving swirl marks...and that's w/o my even trying to be overly careful with the wash mitt/cloth/whatever I'm using to wash the car.
Old 11-21-06, 05:10 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Congrat's and enjoy.