ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Man, I'm tired of worrying that the wheels are going to fall off my car!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-06, 03:00 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man, I'm tired of worrying that the wheels are going to fall off my car!

I have a ruby UL 350 with the works. It doesn't have wind noise (my hearing is good), no diesel or clattering engine, it doesn't slip when shifting gears, it gets great gas milage, accelerates when I want it to and is a pleasure to drive. The chrome strips and doors are aligned but I haven't checked the plugs on the chasis. I live in Illinois with lots of cold mornings. My car has to be an abberation - no such car is represented on this forum. Does anyone else have a hard time identifing with some of the posters on this forum? What gives?????
Old 11-16-06, 03:04 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gumball
I have a ruby UL 350 with the works. It doesn't have wind noise (my hearing is good), no diesel or clattering engine, it doesn't slip when shifting gears, it gets great gas milage, accelerates when I want it to and is a pleasure to drive. The chrome strips and doors are aligned but I haven't checked the plugs on the chasis. I live in Illinois with lots of cold mornings. My car has to be an abberation - no such car is represented on this forum. Does anyone else have a hard time identifing with some of the posters on this forum? What gives?????

If you do not have wind noise, engine clatter or a trans issue, you are not alone it seems as 35 people responded to our poll on here who claimed they don't either.
Old 11-16-06, 03:06 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Gumball, you are not alone. Maybe we in Illinois got a good batch of cars! I feel for those with issues, but so far our 4/06 build date purchased in mid-May, has been just like you described. It's been a pleasure so far after 5,300 miles including a 2,400 mile driving vacation.
Old 11-16-06, 03:18 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

WOW I love your car, I wanted a Ruby also but unfortunatly all they had at the time was one SGM UL which was my second color choice. Do you have the radar cruise? You have nothing to worry about you car is perfect - enjoy!
Old 11-16-06, 03:26 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

BTW: Nobody to my knowledge has posted their wheel or wheels fell off if that helps..LOL

Also no need to check the plugs if you have no wind noise or outside noise intrusion, I don't believe, as it would likely be a waste of your time.

And maybe you and LexBob could consider picking lottery numbers for some of the rest of us who are not as lucky.

I do think it may be hard at times to have a great car and have to see where others do not or did not.
Old 11-16-06, 03:34 PM
theredkid
Driver School Candidate

maybe the other way around.. those who got a lemonmobile should consider picking lottery numbers.. majority of es350 drivers out there are enjoying the car rather than complaining here. lol
Old 11-16-06, 03:39 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

I have a 7/06 build and traded in a major headache Beamer. I am reluctant to brag about my present car but it's been all I had hoped for so far. A pleasue for a new model introduction. No sewing machine noises or cannery noises - more like a purring ***** cat that can show itself as a tiger. My wife and I have owned various Lexus models over 10 years. When I wanted to dump my Beamer, the LS was months from delivery. So far, I am glad I chose the ES.
No I don't have the radar cruise - it wasn't available when I ordered. I made my salesman's day when I ordered the 'works'.
Old 11-16-06, 03:40 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by theredkid
maybe the other way around.. those who got a lemonmobile should consider picking lottery numbers.. majority of es350 drivers out there are enjoying the car rather than complaining here. lol
If anyone would like to forward their lottery $$'s to me, I'll see what I can can do. No guarantees though. My only guarantee is that I will accept the money.
Old 11-16-06, 03:41 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by theredkid
Really? Not on here it seems.

Some cannot ignore diesel knocking tapping as you can or accept an explantion for it as fuel injector as you did when feeling it has no business being present in the car in the first place.
Old 11-16-06, 03:59 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Mine is close to puuurrrrfect but i'd like to have servicer check the plugs to see if they contribute to some ambient sounds. Nothing loud on my end tho, cus i can still talk on speakerphone at 80 mph. If i get another ES loaner when i have my 5000 mile service, i am going to make some more comparisons as i did last time. One thing i notice, the loaner had a louder steering wheel extender.
Old 11-16-06, 04:09 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

It seems that you have a problem accepting that some 350 owners don't have the diesel clatter. I hope it doesn't start for me in the future but compared to a BMW 330 hp V8 engine I just got rid of my 350 engine makes you have to push the accelerator to be sure its runnig.
Old 11-16-06, 04:14 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I have a 7/06 build and traded in a major headache Beamer. I am reluctant to brag about my present car but it's been all I had hoped for so far. A pleasue for a new model introduction. No sewing machine noises or cannery noises - more like a purring ***** cat that can show itself as a tiger. My wife and I have owned various Lexus models over 10 years. When I wanted to dump my Beamer, the LS was months from delivery. So far, I am glad I chose the ES.
No I don't have the radar cruise - it wasn't available when I ordered. I made my salesman's day when I ordered the 'works'.
Well Gumball, why not brag on it if it is giving you no problems at all, nothing wrong with that and I doubt you'd jinx it, starting this subject is a good start.

I do recall e-man is from your area and he posted he talked with svc. department about the ES and they told him they were very aware of both the trans issues and the diesel engine knocking but not, or not so much, the wind noise complaints.

I think your area dealers may do a last check on door alignments as both you and LexBob have no wind noise and your doors are aligned which when not they seem to directly contribute to wind noise and surrounding noise intrusion, OR, you both have body side mouldings as mine does and they do better aligning when adding those maybe?.

I'm glad you both got cars like the cold demonstrator I drove, a very quiet running car and NO engine knocking/tapping whatsoever so you are both witness to it not being normal to hear such in one of these at any level, sewing or cannery, as far as I am concerned.
Old 11-16-06, 04:27 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

It seems that you have a problem accepting that some 350 owners don't have the diesel clatter. I hope it doesn't start for me in the future but compared to a BMW 330 hp V8 engine I just got rid of my 350 engine makes you have to push the accelerator to be sure its runnig.

I have noticed people attempting to call one with this diesel knocking tapping who objects to having it present in their vehicle, a complainer.

Maybe you and LexBob can address that in the future as not only do I believe you have a car absent it, I myself know they exist from having driven one which was a sales demonstrator at the dealer and completely absent any knocking/tapping started stone cold. Maybe you can both attest to it not being normal to have it regardless of explanation given in attempt to justify it being present and making it supposedly OK to have it in an ES350.
Old 11-16-06, 04:53 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, you are killing me man! Finally we see someone post something good about our cars and you already have FIVE ramblings of basically negative comments. DUDE...get a life!!

Thanks Gumball for the nice thread...as tongue in cheek as it may be.

I'm with you on the above as I have NO issues with my car except the tranny. I will admit I have experienced the 'flare' a hand full of times as I've posted before. I can't recreate it, but then again, I don't think it's wise to push the car when it's dead cold. As far as I am concerned, it's a non issue at this point, and I am closing in on 5K miles. And my tranny continues to improve in its smoothness.

I know Lexus will correct any problems that MAY arise. Until then I'm loving my new ride.

Last edited by Macklin; 11-16-06 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-16-06, 04:54 PM
theredkid
Driver School Candidate

This forum has been pretty much flooded with the complaining posts... but I doubt the seriousness of the problems. It is not too hard to identify those complaints are from a few posters. Fortunately from i read, most lexus dealers are very accomodating in resolving customer's satisfaction.

Personally I trust more of my lexus dealer's professional opinion than some of the unscientific guess posted here... I am happy that I am not sensitive to these "nuisances" mentioned here and did not become paranoid about them. My belief is that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. So far my car is holding up fine after 2 months, 4k miles.

I don't want some new owners getting paranoid after reading the posts here and have their brand new car dissembled at dealers to search for these "nuisances". And for those who already did, seriously they should consider another model instead of sticking with ES to suffer.

Last edited by theredkid; 11-16-06 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Man, I'm tired of worrying that the wheels are going to fall off my car!