ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Must be going nuts....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 03:46 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must be going nuts....

I am having crazy thoughts involving the ES350. I dunno... I think I'm gradually going nuts.

1) Saw 2 Moon Shell Micas driving around. Not loaners, but actual bought vehicles. I was thinking damn... this color is so soothing to my eyes... I really like this color actually. I think i have wierd tastes or something.... If society doesnt pressure me to conform, I might have kept my MSM ES350.... well...maybe if it were an UL MSM at least. As yall know, I have no reason to "try to convince myself" to like this color now... I just like it cus I like it. Argh.

2) Went to dealership and saw a bunch of ES350 loaners... The wheels have like a zillion spokes! It's not the standard or UL wheels... It's like them old Chrystler wheels with many many spokes.... Kinda cool....and unusual. I wonder why the dealer would do change out all the wheels....or maybe they didnt. I might be imagining this?

3) An IS250 parked near me in the building. A guy came out of it. He must have been 7'. Tall.... I mean real tall. How the heck did he fit into that little thing? I was thinking, maybe it's an illusion, like fitting 20 clowns inside a little van. I waited 10 mins for him to come back and get back into his car. I really wanted to see if he had to remove any mechanical legs to get in. He never showed....

4) Two people walked up to me in the elevator recently, and asked "is that the new Accord you are driving?" I was tempted to bite them, but I refrained. I just said "nope". Wait....what car am I driving now again? I better check just to be sure I'm not driving an Accord. Maybe this whole ES350 experience has been a dream.

5) Now this is psychodelic....wierd.... I couldnt remember how to use the rear window defogger. I used it several times in the last few weeks, and today I have a brain lapse and still cant figure out how to turn on the defogger. Is it the same button as the side mirror defogger? Damn I dunno. I think I might forget my name eventually. Maybe someone put pot in my breakfast this morning.
Old 10-25-06, 03:52 PM
cowdung
Rookie

Old 10-25-06, 05:56 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kaius88 is BACK!!! Thank you, bizarro bro, for this entertaining post!!! Oh, and you are nuts just like everybody else. Trust me, its normal

A few comments. I think our dealership mostly using MSM as loaners cause nobody wants to buy those. Too many spokes? Hmm, never seen UL loaners. Maybe you are imagining stuff? IS250, don't even get me started on this one after driving it for 2 days. Car is too cramped, controls are not logical and out of reach (a bunch of buttons on the door way too far). Accord?!? I would of made a smart **** remark... Rear window defogger? Well, you are on your own with this one
Old 10-26-06, 12:18 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

ok today is a better day. Things seem more normal today after my Starbucks iced Mocha. The rear window defogger is actually the same as the side mirror defroster. I was kinda guessing but for some reason I thought it was a separate button.

Ya know... ever since I saw the movie THE MYTH (starring Jackie Chan) last weekend, Ive been experiencing some wierd mental deliriousness. Kinda like in the movie "The Ring" where people die after watching that video tape. This is by far one of the best movies I ever saw... I wonder if it's available in the states yet cus I got an import version.

I used the California duster for the 1st time today. I didnt let it air out for 24 hrs prior to using cus I didnt read the instructions till AFTER i used the duster. Works well.... I think the airing out is so the fabric gets more air in there to fluff it up after months of transportation and shipping. No biggee... its just a mop on a stick basically. I think it left a static charge on the car cus Im collecting pollen like mad. I might just go to the wash twice a month from now on.... The girl at the service department is so fine...... I like chatting with her.

I suppose everyone is nuts here,.....so I'm actually getting more normal everyday?
Old 10-26-06, 01:57 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean the original The Ring? I have seen it on a cruise probably close to 3 years ago. I'm talking about US version which was in all of the movie theaters and has been available on DVD and on HBO for a very long time. They already had The Ring 2 released last year (or maybe early this year?). Anyway, you are a king of off-topics LOL!!!

Speaking of California duster, I use it all the time.... or used to use it when weather was nicer. One word of caution, be careful when you switch from brushing rims to the actual body of the car. It is really easy to pick up little stones from the ground, and than you can easily scratch your car by brushing those over the paint. Another pointer, the dirtier this brush gets, the better it cleans. I had one before for many years and it was getting better and better with every use Of course, for my ES350 I got a new one and this one has a wooden handle (like that makes any difference LOL!). Also, even so it comes with its own pouch, still keep it in a plastic bag cause it easily stains the surrounding.
Old 11-06-06, 09:42 PM
thetenor
Driver School Candidate

Default Moon Shell Comments

[QUOTE=Kaius88;2203045]I am having crazy thoughts involving the ES350. I dunno... I think I'm gradually going nuts.

1) Saw 2 Moon Shell Micas driving around. Not loaners, but actual bought vehicles. I was thinking damn... this color is so soothing to my eyes... I really like this color actually. I think i have wierd tastes or something.... If society doesnt pressure me to conform, I might have kept my MSM ES350.... well...maybe if it were an UL MSM at least. As yall know, I have no reason to "try to convince myself" to like this color now... I just like it cus I like it. Argh.
[QUOTE]

I bought the MSM UL ES350 just this weekend. Two great things:

1) I actually like the color - in fact I have had people who I don't know come up and comment wildly about it, and 2) I got a fully loaded ES350 for $5000 discount since I figured the dealer would love to unload it.

Now if I could get by the lousy voice recognition system...
Old 11-06-06, 11:15 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thetenor
I bought the MSM UL ES350 just this weekend. Two great things:

1) I actually like the color - in fact I have had people who I don't know come up and comment wildly about it, and 2) I got a fully loaded ES350 for $5000 discount since I figured the dealer would love to unload it.

Now if I could get by the lousy voice recognition system...
hey man i really like MSM also. I got some nice comments on the uniqueness of the color and how soothing it is on the eyes. So you preaching to the choir man..... I'm sure lotsa MSM fans out there. Getting $5000 off a UL is phenomenally awesome. Great deal on a great car!!! The VR does kinda suck....thats why i never use it.