ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Tire Inflation Registering

Old 10-19-06, 02:31 PM
Richard95
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Inflation Registering

I changed my inflation pressure from 36 psi that was in the tires when I bought the car a few days ago to 30 psi, which is what is called for. In the manual and in this forum it says that the pressure warning system must be re-registered by pressing a button under the steering wheel.

I have no button there. I have an airbag under the steering wheel. There's no button in the glove box or anywhere else I've checked.

Any suggestion's?
Old 10-19-06, 02:36 PM
rkmah
Driver School Candidate

Check the area under the panels above where your legs rest when sitting. They are accessable, but the manual is crap a displaying where they are.
Old 10-19-06, 02:37 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Default Tire pressure button

Originally Posted by Richard95
I changed my inflation pressure from 36 psi that was in the tires when I bought the car a few days ago to 30 psi, which is what is called for. In the manual and in this forum it says that the pressure warning system must be re-registered by pressing a button under the steering wheel.

I have no button there. I have an airbag under the steering wheel. There's no button in the glove box or anywhere else I've checked.

Any suggestion's?
Richard;

The button is on the underside of the dash. Yes, I had trouble finding it at first. The manual is not very clear, but it is there.
NGG
Old 10-19-06, 02:48 PM
Richard95
Rookie

Smile Forum is Amazing

Thanks guys, I just reprogrammed my inflation warning system with your replies.

I made my request and 3 or 4 minutes later I got your reply and a couple of minutes later I had it fixed.

Again thanks very much.
Old 10-19-06, 02:49 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Hi, the button your look for is located to the right, under the dash from where you were looking. You may have to actually get down on the floor and look up under the dash to the find it. Actually there are two buttons there. There hard to see because there recessed, took me many time to see them. Also there is a tire button under the dash on the passenger side also. This button is used for setting two tire pessure settings - one way (in or out, I think) for snow tires and the other way for summer tires. Hope you find them.
Old 10-19-06, 02:50 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Wow you guys are fast to respond!
Old 10-19-06, 04:58 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

exactly the same place as all other toyotas actually. i couldnt find it at first either. I still cant find the AFS off button....not that i wanna turn it off. I saw a GS350 ad and it showed several controls on the left side of the wheel INSIDE a drawer-like compartment. I think our ES350 has that compartment too, but it's empty.
Old 10-19-06, 06:30 PM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
exactly the same place as all other toyotas actually. i couldnt find it at first either. I still cant find the AFS off button....not that i wanna turn it off. I saw a GS350 ad and it showed several controls on the left side of the wheel INSIDE a drawer-like compartment. I think our ES350 has that compartment too, but it's empty.
The AFS button is immediately right of the tire pressure reset button under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. They're side by side.

This is looking under the dash towards the center section of the car. Note the footwell LED at the top (actually to the left). The gas pedal is just out of sight to the bottom left of the photo.
Attached Thumbnails Tire Inflation Registering-afs.jpg  
Old 10-20-06, 06:29 AM
currie0522
Driver School Candidate

The recommended front and rear pressure is 30 psi, correct? What is the procedure to reset the tire pressure monitoring? Does it have to be done every time you add air? What is the delta pressure that the light turns on in the dash? Coincedently, it is 55 degrees this morning in Houston and my light is on for the first time.
Old 11-11-06, 07:12 PM
wizhill
Driver School Candidate

Check your spare tire... Mine came on a few weeks after I got the car, and the low tire turned out to be spare in the trunk.
Old 11-12-06, 02:21 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this rest on it's own after a while, am I wrong or did you just prefer to have it removed from display before the time it takes to reset itself?
Old 11-12-06, 03:07 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I wouldn't roll 30 in it. Hell the 92-96's started off at 28psi, then changed to 32psi, yet Lexus/Toyota of Europe reommended 38psi for "extended highway, or driving beyond 90mph". I doubt your tires wear evenly @ 30psi when all is said & done.

Hey they're your tires, but I'd be rolling 36-38psi without even thinking about it. Maybe they finally got the pressure "right".
Old 11-13-06, 02:40 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Over the weekend, my tire pressure indicator light came on. I tried pumping in some extra air in the tires, and it would not reset. Then I tried the spare. Sure enough, once I added the air into the spare and clicked the button, the light went off.

Where are the sensors located? Are they in the stem of the tire?
Old 11-14-06, 07:14 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffofla
Over the weekend, my tire pressure indicator light came on. I tried pumping in some extra air in the tires, and it would not reset. Then I tried the spare. Sure enough, once I added the air into the spare and clicked the button, the light went off.

Where are the sensors located? Are they in the stem of the tire?
Jeff,

I'm not sure where they are located either, except to say I read on here where someone who had a flat stated never use products like fix a flat on a tire with the sensors as it messes them up, so they must be inside the tired somewhere.
Old 11-14-06, 07:33 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached is the PD024-06 Technical Service Information Bulletin on activating the TPMS sensors.

Hope this helps answer concerns ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TPMS Activation.pdf (128.0 KB, 267 views)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Inflation Registering