ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Thank You Club Lexus For A Genuine Es350 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-06, 08:29 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thank You Club Lexus For A Genuine Es350 Forum

Before I came upon this forum, this site, I had been to others associated with magazine articles on test drives of the ES350 and still others looking for others like myself with a genuine interest in their vehicle and it's performance.
My posted concerns elsewhere never made it to actual posting so nobody could see or respond to my concerns and I now see the majority of postings they allow to appear for the public view are propaganda hack feel good, no bad news type of postings.
This forum is very different, a true, genuine forum of owners where you see the good, the bad and the indifferent.
Thank you Club Lexus, your administrators, moderators for having a genuine forum that is helpful to others rather than a fake and pretentious propaganda site.
Old 09-04-06, 09:24 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Before I came upon this forum, this site, I had been to others associated with magazine articles on test drives of the ES350 and still others looking for others like myself with a genuine interest in their vehicle and it's performance.
My posted concerns elsewhere never made it to actual posting so nobody could see or respond to my concerns and I now see the majority of postings they allow to appear for the public view are propaganda hack feel good, no bad news type of postings.
This forum is very different, a true, genuine forum of owners where you see the good, the bad and the indifferent.
Thank you Club Lexus, your administrators, moderators for having a genuine forum that is helpful to others rather than a fake and pretentious propaganda site.
we try.........
Old 09-04-06, 09:30 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes we might "pee in someone's pond", but we strive for the honest opinion, without the lies, clutter and BS.
Old 09-04-06, 09:47 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

now you are making me feeling all warm n' fuzzy inside
Old 09-05-06, 05:59 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you 100% in that this is a great site.

It's too bad you rarely have anything positive to say...at least in this forum.
Old 09-05-06, 06:26 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Macklin
I agree with you 100% in that this is a great site.

Gee, what I would view as too bad is the fact you feel that my posting the truth on here is viewed as a negative or not viewed as something positive depending on your perspective.
The truth, good, bad or indifferent is always a positive.
Some just cannot the truth in life, and instead view truth as something not positive.
Old 09-05-06, 07:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Gee, what I would view as too bad is the fact you feel that my posting the truth on here is viewed as a negative or not viewed as something positive depending on your perspective.
The truth, good, bad or indifferent is always a positive.
Some just cannot the truth in life, and instead view truth as something not positive.
I ask all members to keep in mind if you feel you post "the truth" you may be headed down the path of creating ongoing arguments that, over time, may cause membership to be removed because of the ongoing arguments that perspective often creates... just my personal observation. While you may consider your personal observations "the truth", other members can and will have just as valid alternative observations and opinions. Please listen to them and respect them, even if you don't end up agreeing with them.

What really makes forums like CL valuable is that you can discuss both viewpoints and learn from both. Keeping a closed mind to either perspective and posting as if your viewpoint is the only valid one (and worse, escalating to arguments and personal attacks) truly diminishes that value.

Case in point:

Originally Posted by Macklin
Personal comments like this should be taken to PM or kept to yourself please.

----------------------------------------------------
Enjoy the forums folks, but please let's keep our conversations impersonal and respect other members, even the ones you often disagree with.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-05-06 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-05-06, 07:40 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I ask all members to keep in mind if you feel you post "the truth" you may be headed down the path of creating ongoing arguments that, over time, may cause membership to be removed because of the ongoing arguments that perspective often creates... just my personal observation. While you may consider your personal observations "the truth", other members can and will have just as valid alternative observations and opinions. Please listen to them and respect them, even if you don't end up agreeing with them.

What really makes forums like CL valuable is that you can discuss both viewpoints and learn from both. Keeping a closed mind to either perspective and posting as if your viewpoint is the only valid one (and worse, escalating to arguments and personal attacks) truly diminishes that value.

Case in point:

Personal comments like this should be taken to PM or kept to yourself please.

----------------------------------------------------
Enjoy the forums folks, but please let's keep our conversations impersonal and respect other members, even the ones you often disagree with.
Dave,
I respect your view on answering what seem personally directed comments and from now on I'll just ignore them.
As for the truth about my vehicle, my experiences, that is all I have offered on here, the truth.

This may strike you as funny, but I actually was involved in a phone conversation with a Lexus V.P. on August 10th and I was nicely, but repeatedly debating him about what I thought was an auto-idle or auto-throttle problem and he was very politely insisting I had a transmission problem.

Note to self: Don't ever debate a Lexus V.P. about an issue with a Lexus.

Not 30 minutes after my conversation with him, the transmission did exactly what he said it would in the fashion he said not exactly like the wording on a TSIB that had come out, up to that point I did not know I had a transmission problem, I thought it was the auto-idle or auto-throttle.

As for this site, my subject and post stand, you read the good, the bad, the indifferent here and it is very, very helpful.