ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES option packages -- NAV/Levinson

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 07:00 AM
hoover698
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ES option packages -- NAV/Levinson

According to the Lexus website, NAV/Levinson is a seperate option. My dealer is telling me I can't get Levinson unless I get UL. The logic for this escapes me. Has anyone purchased an ES350 with Levinson but not UL?
Old 09-03-06, 07:04 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the US you should be able to do this. I'm sure others will comment for you. In Canada you have no option - it's UL or bust.

Maybe you can't get it without the UL - I just checked Lexus.com and can't seem to specify the ML without the UL package. Special order maybe?
Old 09-03-06, 09:41 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hoover, you can get the Nav/ML system without the UL package. However, you will have to special order your car and it could take up to 4 months.
Old 09-03-06, 11:10 AM
hoover698
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response. I thought for sure I could do this but the dealer keeps telling me no. I get the feeling he doesn't want to take up part of his allotment for 4 months for the special order. Is Levinson worth the extra money? Reviews seem to be decent for the system on the IS but not so good for the GS. Thoughts for the ES?
Old 09-03-06, 12:55 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

THe issue of whether or not it is worth has been beat to death even here in this forum. It's really up to you. There are those that say they don't need a NAV, but they've never had one. But I would say the majority of those that have had one in their previous Lexus (like me) or have bought the new ES 350 with it installed will agree that it is definitely worth it. You really need to experience and use it. So many times you'll find yourself in situations where a NAV would have been a tremendous help. I can't tell you how many times it has helped me get to another road, freeway entrance, shortcut, you name it.
Old 09-03-06, 03:17 PM
hoover698
Driver School Candidate

I think I'm sold on getting the Nav. I'm curious if anybody here has Levinson on the ES350 and compared it to the premium system. Anybody have links for reviews for Levinson on the ES?
Old 09-03-06, 03:27 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll never get another Lexus unless it has a NAV or the ML stereo. You know you want it. Do it. You'll regret every day you don't have it if you say "yeah, but I could save a few bucks by not buying it". How many times do we live? Once! I'm not going to live my life with regrets (I shoulda done that....)
Old 09-04-06, 09:28 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffofla
I'll never get another Lexus unless it has a NAV or the ML stereo. You know you want it. Do it. You'll regret every day you don't have it if you say "yeah, but I could save a few bucks by not buying it". How many times do we live? Once! I'm not going to live my life with regrets (I shoulda done that....)
Agreed! I was actually looking at a premium plus package with or without nav. Then, I decided to get the nav because of the features you get...it makes the car! Then, the dealer had a UL package in stock with the color I wanted. I never thought of getting the UL with the ML system. For the extra $3K, it is worth it. I love it. With the ML, you can watch movies while the car is parked. The sound is fantastic, I have a few DVD audios I play in it. Also, if you go with the ML, the roof and wheels dress the car up nicely! However, each person might think differently. You have to listen to both sound systems and go with what make you happy.
Old 09-04-06, 10:23 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

I can tell you first hand since I owned the premium package ES350 and currently own the UL ES350. The ML stereo system is very rich and solid compared to the regular stereo. It takes a few hours to break in the ML speakers, but once they are ripe, they sound amazing. I didnt think I needed NAV either, but it turns out it's extremely useful. The UL roof and the nice wheels basically rounds out the perfect car. I believe the price difference between premium package and UL package is around $6000. I think if you are willing to spend the $$ for a Lexus, you should enjoy the nice features that a Lexus has to offer. It's really well worth it.
Old 09-05-06, 06:20 AM
lcarman
Driver School Candidate

I ordered my ES with every available option on it. Had a problem with the dealer about the Graphite Polished Wheels. He tried to tell me I had to order the UL package to get them. I contacted the Lexus Regional Office in Atlanta and they took care of the problem. I wanted the UL package w/o the all glass roof but it only came with the panorama glass roof. I ordered it on the 24th of June and can hardly wait for it to arrive. They said 4 months but I am hopeing it will come in early.
Old 09-05-06, 11:45 AM
dp5
Driver

I wanted both Nav and ML so bought the UL car. The Nav is the best in the industry in my opinion; although lots of people tout the Acura system and I don't have any experience with that one so it may be better. I also highly recommend the ML sound system. My last Lexus had the stock sound system and it was adequate but the ML system is significantly better and well worth the increased purchase price.
Old 09-06-06, 12:40 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Out of all the factory car audio systems I've listened to in every vehicle I've owned--including my current ES 350--the ML is the best-sounding one I've experienced so far. Heck...even my bro--who used to install aftermarket car stereo systems and even won 3rd place at the IASCA nationals (novice category) many years ago, so I think he would know a thing or two about nice-sounding car audio systems--commented on how nice the ML system sounded...especially the fact that there was very little audio distortion at higher volume levels.
Old 09-06-06, 01:29 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

"Has anyone purchased an ES350 with Levinson but not UL?"

It is available w/ that set-up in Hawaii where we do not have NAV (we have the ocean on 1 side and mountains on the other & 2 directions, dis way & dat way *- )
The packages below are for the ES330, as the Hawaii dealership hasn't updated yet, lol. But the packages are similiar for this year. So the car you want is being built, it would just take your dealer to go out of his way to secure 1 for you.

Choice "G" ($3,150):
(FI) All-Season 17" Alloy Tires
P215/55 R17 tires
All season tires
(XV) Power Adjustable Accelerator & Brake Pedals
(WU) Wood & Leather Steering Wheel
(HL) High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Rain Sensing Wiper
(HN) Power Rear Sun Shade
(NL) Mark Levinson Audio Package for Hawaii
Premium AM/FM
6-Disc In-Dash CD Auto-Changer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Choice "H" ($6,120):
(FK) All-Season 17" Alloy Tires w/ Chrome Wheels
P215/55 R17 tires
All season tires
(XV) Power Adjustable Accelerator & Brake Pedals
(WU) Wood & Leather Steering Wheel
(HL) High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Rain Sensing Wiper
(HN) Power Rear Sun Shade
(NL) Mark Levinson Audio Package for Hawaii
Premium AM/FM
6-Disc In-Dash CD Auto-Changer