ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Has this happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-06, 11:31 AM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has this happened to you?

“Well doctor, last night I was sleeping and I had this horrible nightmare.

“First I parked my new ES350 too close to a teal 1997 Dodge Caravan in a parking lot in the San Frenando Valley and when I came back there was this quarter inch ding in my door. I was so depressed that I got in the car and ripped out of the parking lot going 0 to 60 in 8.1 seconds. This made me even more depressed, as the car did not live up to its stated specifications. Totally heartbroken, I could swear that the amount of wind noise increased by a factor of 10. I said to myself, ‘I’ve got to get to the dealer right now’, but it was Sunday and the service department would be closed. I drove about aimlessly trying to think of all the great things in my life but all I could feel was that the transmission was operating about as indecisively as I was.

“It was getting later and later, and as it got darker the headlights did not come on. Then I noticed that the switch was in the manual position, OK…at least that is working. But then the weirdest thing, when I turned the car to the right, the headlights would veer to the left. But when I turned left they went to the left too. I said to myself that this has to be the worst day of my life.

“Now I was noticing that the tires were making too much noise and coupled with the wind noise I was just going out of my mind. Radio, that’s it, I’ll turn on the radio! I reached for the audio control system and it wouldn’t work; not one station, CD, satellite or iPod. All the time the wind noise and road noise from the all season tires was getting louder and louder.

“Then the greatest shock of all; I looked out the windshield and to my horror of horrors, my car color became Mood Shell Mica!!! People were standing on the side of the road laughing hysterically and screaming, ‘Hey, don’t you work for Mary Kay’, as I lumbered by at 25 miles per hour.

“Finally I got home and my wife was there in an old housecoat, hair in curlers, cigarette dangling out of her mouth making macaroni and cheese from the blue box. I told her all about what had happened that day, about the scratch, the poor performance, the road noise, the tire noise. She told me if I didn’t shut up about the ***********g car she would cream me with a frying pan. As I was about to tell her about the color change of the car and the frying pan was heading for my face I woke up in a cold sweat.”
Old 08-26-06, 12:29 PM
crkstr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I was about to tell her about the color change of the car and the frying pan was heading for my face I woke up in a cold sweat.

LMAO... Damn what a nightmare!