ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

My ES350 is getting painted

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 10:21 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Does this qualify as reality-show sitcom plot for Kaius88 episode #6?
Ummm...after reading the entirety of this thread, I'd say reality does not really apply here at all! Holy flame-war Batman!

Gotta hand it to you Kaius88....you do create some "interesting" reading.

I have to disagree with PsychDoc about tint on dark cars looking "too dark and foreboding". Of course, it is a matter of taste and opinion, but I think tint adds something to a car, no matter the colour.
Old 08-23-06, 11:13 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the hell? How did my innocent thread turn into a flame-fest? Ok yall, direct your anger at me cus I can just absorb it and go out and hit somebody real good. So there are differences in opinion... oh well. This scratch repair is turning out to be a real pain in the butt cus it's taking a long time and I dont know how its gonna look at the end. If I had known there were gonna go that route, I woulda bought some touchup paint and apply with a toothpick myself. I guess right now I'm trying to keep myself busy so i dont think about the trauma over the weekend. Possibly i am using the dealership to vent.... Yes Glendale has a rep who reads this forum... They are well aware of everything that's happening. Seriously folks, this is so trivial to them they really dont care.

Ok..update...Lexus returned my call since Im taking the aforementioned suggestion to NOT get that area painted. The dealer said most of it is buffed off, just a 1/4" piece left... so I said leave it, dont paint. I'll touch it up myself. So thats that.... get my car back today. So is anyone gonna flame me for getting some free soda while Im there? How about the free popcorn? Am I milking them too bad now? Ya know I think the glendale dealership spy here has informed them, so I will have some loose engine bolts which will lead to my the engine falling out at 80 mph, which will ultimately kill me. Happy?
Old 08-23-06, 11:31 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Psychdoc and Twister. Thank you for taking my lead and finally playing nicely together. Now, isn't that better? lol
Old 08-23-06, 11:38 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Psychdoc and Twister. Thank you for taking my lead and finally playing nicely together. Now, isn't that better? lol
Hehe

I nominate you for board Yoga instructor/shaman/peacemaker.

***sha·man (shämn, sh-) Pronunciation Key
n.
A member of certain tribal societies who acts as a medium between the visible world and an invisible spirit world and who practices magic or sorcery for purposes of healing, divination, and control over natural events.***

Good job!
Old 08-23-06, 12:13 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is just freakin hilarious! Kaius, et al, thanks for the entertainment!
Old 08-23-06, 12:40 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by twister
Agree, its all about the contrast!!! As soon as I get my Tungsten Pearl washed this weekend, will take and post some pictures.
Oh boy...pictures! We loves pictures, we do!

Macklin:
I'm with you! I'm always anxious as hell to read the next one! Keep 'em coming Kaius88 !! Veritable cliff-hangers, they are !

Last edited by Lexucan; 08-23-06 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-23-06, 12:49 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Yes, I'm happy this is over. Since we were going nowhere with that "IQ" thing, I was about ready to take it to the next level with comparison who's **** is bigger It has to be settled the macho way!!! (CaBlonde, you better stop laughing now!!!)

Jokes aside, I hope nobody takes these comments/posts too close to their heart. We're all hard working adults in here, and deserve a little comedy break. Beside, this draws more traffic to the forum which should make CL admins very happy

Keep it clean and have some fun
Old 08-23-06, 01:04 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

I was about ready to take it to the next level with comparison who's **** is bigger
Hmmmm.....who's ego is bigger? No, that's a three-star word. Hmmm....four stars.....hmmm....A...? B...? C...? Ok, I got it! LOL
Old 08-23-06, 04:36 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

.....I was about ready to take it to the next level with comparison who's **** is bigger It has to be settled the macho way!!! (CaBlonde, you better stop laughing now!!!)
I am not saying a word. Whistle, whistle, whistle.
But I am a little curious.
Old 08-23-06, 07:06 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Stop this nonsense everyone

I click on this thread, and what do I see? Personal attacks on Kaius and then PsychDoc, and inappropriate replies on things like determining a person's IQ by inspecting the size of someone's you-know-what This has to stop right now

All of you need to read (or re-read) the forum rules here if you plan on continuing to post in this thread. If you are unclear on what is right and not right to post a comment, please feel free to PM me, DaveGS4, or anyone on the admin team. We are a real CL family, let's keep it that way especially for the ES350 members.

Your ES moderator,
Doug
Old 08-23-06, 07:43 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

Kaius, you should have let them fix it. They broke it then they fix it. If the paint is not matching correctly then have them replace the whole bumper...After all this is a $40,000 dollar investment. Regardless, if you bought the car once or twice thru them, THEY *********** it up and the onus is on THEM to fix it. Who cares how much money they made off of you!!! Even if they make 5 dollars on my sale, you better bet on your dead grandpa's grave you will make them fix it. If someone hits your car, you make their insurance company pay for it. Its the same with car dealerships, they have insurance too and you better believe it that they are getting reimbursed from the 3rd party. I had taken my Bentley to the dealership to get an inspection sticker and they backed the car into a wall and they said they would fixed it but i demanded that they REPLACE the car, and guess what they DID. If it aint your fault then you are right they OWE YOU ONE!!!

P.S. What is Bell Labs?

I've actually had my IQ tested and to be honest it wasnt all that hot but i probably make more money than anyone on this forums, so having a high IQ doesnt always mean higher earnings. If people read enough biographies about wealthy individuals, there is one parallel, they are usually street smart but not book smart.
Old 08-23-06, 07:48 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Wink

You may make more money than most of us, but you obviously can't read correctly. It's his back plate so it's the whole trunk in question not the front bumper.
Old 08-23-06, 07:54 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
You may make more money than most of us, but you obviously can't read correctly. It's his back plate so it's the whole trunk in question not the front bumper.
I knew it would be a woman to point out the fine detail. It's hard for us guys to read every single word in a long thread hahahhaha
Old 08-23-06, 08:25 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007

Yep, thanks for clearing that up for me and dont be a JACK*** about the money part. I said that to prove a point about the IQ thing. Just cuz you are an administrator doesnt give you the right to do that! who do i complain to so they can suspend your account? You need to be taught a lesson!
AND YES I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU SO JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!!!! I can probably afford you as a servant....wanna clean my house for me?
Old 08-23-06, 08:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by dshahs420
Yep, thanks for clearing that up for me and dont be a JACK*** about the money part. I said that to prove a point about the IQ thing. Just cuz you are an administrator doesnt give you the right to do that! who do i complain to so they can suspend your account? You need to be taught a lesson!
AND YES I MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU SO JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!!!! I can probably afford you as a servant....wanna clean my house for me?
You can complain to me after you return from a two week suspension from the forum. You ignored a very clear request from the forum moderator to knock off the personal attacks in this thread. Please read the 'moderators' portion of the forum rules when you return, along with 'personal attacks' and 'response to comments'. You agreed to follow these rules when you joined our forum.

Here is a link to save you some time https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq.php

If you attempt to rejoin during the period of your suspension, both accounts will be permanently banned. You may also be subject to a significant rejoining fee. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_banned

This thread is closed. Members, please do NOT turn the ES350 forum into an ongoing flame-fest or we will close threads as soon as they go remotely off course. CL is a forum that prides ourselves on our mature behaviour and a community of membership that helps each other out. Please continue that in your own home forum here.

This thread is closed.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-23-06 at 08:44 PM.