ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

DON'T PARK BEHIND AN SUV!! - My tale of Woe

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-06, 10:14 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HATE bad drivers! I had to drive up to Montreal one time with some broad that had no clue, it's embarrassing because other drivers look at you in the passenger seat like it's your fault! GRRRRRR

I don't know how half the people on the road get their licenses anymore. I guess anyone can navigate around a parking lot for 10 minutes while they take their test...
Old 08-22-06, 10:26 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1
I HATE bad drivers! I had to drive up to Montreal one time with some broad that had no clue, it's embarrassing because other drivers look at you in the passenger seat like it's your fault! GRRRRRR
Tell me about it. I wanted to hold up a sign that read, "Don't kill me Mr. Angry Biker Dude. I am just the Realtor." But I could not write that fast.
Old 08-22-06, 10:45 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Tell me about it. I wanted to hold up a sign that read, "Don't kill me Mr. Angry Biker Dude. I am just the Realtor." But I could not write that fast.
I posted this on another message board (one that allows cursing so, sorry for the dashes but...) and I just thought it was appropriate so...

Sometimes It's Hard To Believe The Range Of Driving Abilities You See While Just Driving Along....

... I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be driving behind someone who has half a f---ing clue. They anticipate things, accelerate to a reasonable speed, go around obstructions with aplomb, etc.

Now compare this to some of the rolling wounded who will come up to a double parked car and, rather than just going around it (as there is no oncoming traffic), will come to a complete halt, look befuddled, wring their hands, and then only slowly and laboriously pull around said double parked car.

Or the "drivers" (yes, I use the term loosely) who feel the have "god" on their side as they take their POS Cadillacs or Buicks into the left hand lane of a highway doing 55mph and refuse to move in spite of a growing line of extremely annoyed drivers piling up behing them flashing their brights in the foolish hope that these dips---s will display a shred of decency and move over one lane. But no, they just plant themselves there and seem oblivious to the world around (or better put, "behind") them. Finally, when there is the slightest break in traffic to the right of the drivers who are not in a coma, they all have to pass this feeble minded jerkoff on the right with more than a few of them flipping off this insidious dips--- who, throughout it all, seems to remain blissfully ignorant and unmoved by the rest of the world's angst over his moronic behavior.

Once, just once, I'd like to see a cop pull these f---wits over, take away their licenses on the spot, impound their POS cars and call them a cab.

To dream the impossible dream.
Old 08-22-06, 09:55 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Macklin
Holy cow Cali Girl! Do you always floor it backing out of the garage....or was this just a momentary lapse of sanity?

Well, I guess it's not all bad since he got a new Lexus out of the deal. Kinda like when my boat burned up in the Boatel fire of '99. Took the insurance check and bought a bigger, faster one.
ummmmmm......no. I'm just not used to the heaviness and power of the V8 engine. As you can tell, it's not my regular vehicle and I don't get enough practice. And Hubby will never allow me to drive it again. Hubby never parks on the street except that one time (talking about wrong place at the wrong time). The Toyota front was sticking out to the driveway and I miscalculated the distance and rare ended and sideswiped the car. My first accident ever. The damage was severe. I couldn't hide it from him.....trying to make up some stories but none fit the picture. He freaked out. But on the other hand, his ES350 was coming in. We just had the insurance company replace the dented bumper and forget about the Toyota. It was sent to a happy camper wanting spare parts.