ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Smoky Granite Mica Owners....Your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 11:19 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richbutler
I decided to order the SGM with gray interior to replace my Tungsten Pearl with gray interior. I'll have the same setup: Ultra, nav/lev, spoiler, sirius, preferred package, and probably park assist (my current car lacks this feature). It was a tough choice!

It may take a couple of weeks for the new one to arrive before I turn in my current car. I'll try to take some pics before I turn my current car in.
So richbutler do you consider picking the TP color as a "mistake"? I wouldnt exchange the whole car and incur such losses just for the color. I mean I could get it painted for less than $1000. My intention was to get a better package as well..... that just makes it more worthwhile IMHO.
Old 08-23-06, 06:17 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

My bet is that his is a lease.
Old 08-23-06, 07:57 PM
richbutler
Rookie

Originally Posted by CyclopStan
My bet is that his is a lease.
Nope, I purchased it. My dealer is trading me out of my current car for a new car with no cost to me. I won't get into all the details... but I had some paint problems with the car caused by a third party. I have a good relationship with my dealer, and my dealer is absorbing this loss purely as a courtesy to me. No yelling, no demanding needed. In fact, I never asked for the buy back. This was definitely a nice, unexpected gesture on their part. So I'm taking this opportunity to get a different color. And my dealer has a customer for life. My friends and family are also amazed and will purchase from this dealer if/when they decide to buy a Lexus.
Old 08-24-06, 02:25 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

ic. well do u think u can let us know the dealer name... just for us to take note
Old 08-25-06, 11:29 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by richbutler
Nope, I purchased it. My dealer is trading me out of my current car for a new car with no cost to me. I won't get into all the details... but I had some paint problems with the car caused by a third party. I have a good relationship with my dealer, and my dealer is absorbing this loss purely as a courtesy to me. No yelling, no demanding needed. In fact, I never asked for the buy back. This was definitely a nice, unexpected gesture on their part. So I'm taking this opportunity to get a different color. And my dealer has a customer for life. My friends and family are also amazed and will purchase from this dealer if/when they decide to buy a Lexus.
Wait a minute....so the dealer let you do a trade because of some paint issue? At no cost? I mean even a Lemon buyback costs you in California because dealers are allowed to reduce price by depreciation amount prior to 18000 miles (or 18 months). So the dealer is willing to eat the depreciation and sales tax, which prolly total more than $7000? You shoulda refused the buyback just to stay consistent with your ideals and not be hypocritical. I mean afterall, he who points at someone with 1 finger has 3 fingers automatically pointing at himself. Is this why we are not in on all the "details"?
Old 08-25-06, 12:41 PM
richbutler
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Wait a minute....so the dealer let you do a trade because of some paint issue? At no cost? I mean even a Lemon buyback costs you in California because dealers are allowed to reduce price by depreciation amount prior to 18000 miles (or 18 months). So the dealer is willing to eat the depreciation and sales tax, which prolly total more than $7000? You shoulda refused the buyback just to stay consistent with your ideals and not be hypocritical. I mean afterall, he who points at someone with 1 finger has 3 fingers automatically pointing at himself. Is this why we are not in on all the "details"?
Sour grapes? Sounds like it from your post. Just proves that if you treat people with respect, they will give you more than a fair deal. My point is if you go through life with the mentality that people "owe you", you won't get far. If you really want to point fingers, just look at your situation with your car and your personal life that you have posted on the board.

You can flame away...I don't really care, but I'm done with this board. You can't really respond to posters like Kaius88 who hits their wife and then on the same weekend goes back to the Lexus dealership and claims that "they" owe him due to getting ripped off because he changed his mind on the first car. Duh, I should have known... Is a person who hits their spouse hard enough for the spouse to go to the hospital and then blames the injured spouse is what some people would call an abuser? I don't know. Just too crazy for me.
Old 08-25-06, 01:08 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, common!!! First of all, thats really hitting below the belt. And second, haven't we learned anything from that other "thread"? In words of your own fellow Californian, "Can we just all get along?"

Regarding the whole car swap, I also don't buy that. Something got screwed up really badly for them to buy car back for other than early-build-tranny-problem...
Old 08-25-06, 01:41 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Obviously I don't know all the details behind richbutler's story, but based on what has been stated so far...why should he refuse the buyback for something that wasn't of his own doing, especially if the dealer had offered and/or is willing to eat the costs of the buyback to begin with? I mean, I reckon that even with having to eat the costs, the dealer could always recoup some of it back by going after this third party that was supposedly responsible for this paint issue to begin with.

And yeah...all the personal mudslinging and other stuff like that really needs to stop. If you agree w/ something, then say you do...if not, then say you don't; no need to add anything more to that by pulling the morality card or pointing out faults that have nothing to do with our vehicles.

Last edited by toneman; 08-25-06 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-25-06, 01:47 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

For the benefit of this Forum, I will retract my last sling of mud. Sorry for the aggrevation. This guy was hitting below the belt. It's cool though. Cant control his opinions. I think my Bizzaro bro is somehow affecting me.

Last edited by Kaius88; 08-25-06 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Retracting mudsling
Old 08-25-06, 02:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Is there a moderator out there someplace? This is really getting old. Not the intent of the forum AT ALL.
Old 08-25-06, 02:35 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

I can see this thread getting locked any moment now...