ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

How often do you wash your new ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 02:31 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1
I do it myself 2x's a week. I wouldnt take it to an automatic carwash or even the dealer because do you think they give a crap about your car? I don't mind doing it and love having a clean car. I've had black cars for 6 years prior so I am a well-trained washing machine.
I would think the dealer's carwash is pretty safe because everyone inspects their car carefully at delivery, and if the carwash does any damage, the car is not leaving the lot! Im still going to do it 1x per month because i personally dont think it needs more than that. Luckily the dealership is 4 mi. from home and on the way back from work. I can spare 15 mins, go in and have some free soda/cappacino, relax a bit, and come out to a clean car. I'll do this tommorrow.....and also claim my birthday present (2 free movie tix) while im at it.
Old 08-17-06, 03:07 PM
mikecan01
Driver School Candidate

I wash mine at minimum 1 time, but if time permits 2 x.
Must have a clean car!!!
Old 08-17-06, 04:37 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Luckily the dealership is 4 mi. from home and on the way back from work. I can spare 15 mins, go in and have some free soda/cappacino, relax a bit, and come out to a clean car. I'll do this tommorrow.....and also claim my birthday present (2 free movie tix) while im at it.
Geez Kaius, anything else your dealership does for ya? Since I bought mine in Beverly Hills (25 miles away) and my local dealership is not worth a crap, I feel like I am all on my own when it comes to my car. Maybe one day soon, I will drive to Glendale for dinner and take my car to your dealership for a wash on the way. Would they honor me even though I did not buy from their dealership? Doubt it. (I guess the Beverly Hills license plates may tip them off.) You would think Beverly Hills would have some kind of VIP service. Kind of like the way Longo Lexus brings a flatbed truck to pick up your car for service and delivers a loaner at the same time.
Old 08-17-06, 04:54 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Geez Kaius, anything else your dealership does for ya? Since I bought mine in Beverly Hills (25 miles away) and my local dealership is not worth a crap, I feel like I am all on my own when it comes to my car. Maybe one day soon, I will drive to Glendale for dinner and take my car to your dealership for a wash on the way. Would they honor me even though I did not buy from their dealership? Doubt it. (I guess the Beverly Hills license plates may tip them off.) You would think Beverly Hills would have some kind of VIP service. Kind of like the way Longo Lexus brings a flatbed truck to pick up your car for service and delivers a loaner at the same time.
CaBlonde, I believe all dealerships honor the free car washes no matter where you bought your car. They didn't even run my info last time. Just gave me a tag, put the matching tag on your dashboard, and it gets driven off into the wash. That's it. It's part of the Lexus family advantage. My dad bought his 2004 ES330 from Thousand Oaks but never took advantage of the freebies cus he lives too far away from any dealership. But i do remember when we went to pick up his car, the salesman assured us that any dealership with car wash and service bays will honor us as if we bought the car from them. I believe Lexus HQ reimburses the dealerships directly, so nothing out of their own pocket.

The glendale dealership has a little putting green for the kids. It also has free internet access for when you are waiting. Free soda and coffee/chocolate drinks if you want. Popcorn for the kids too. You'd think wow such a nice dealership.... but these things cost so little compared to the premium you pay for your luxury car!!! Two free movie tix for my birthday.... ya like that is gonna make me forget about the MSM fiasco. It's not exactly free.... we are all paying for it!
Old 08-17-06, 05:03 PM
Celibon
Driver

You'd think wow such a nice dealership.... but these things cost so little compared to the premium you pay for your luxury car!!! Two free movie tix for my birthday.... ya like that is gonna make me forget about the MSM fiasco. It's not exactly free.... we are all paying for it!
Yeah, we're all paying for it... and you, twice!

Sorry, couldn't help it.
Old 08-17-06, 05:54 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The glendale dealership has a little putting green for the kids. It also has free internet access for when you are waiting. Free soda and coffee/chocolate drinks if you want. Popcorn for the kids too.
Well, it sounds like a nice dealership that I would like to visit. There was not much to the BH dealership since they are on crowded Wilshire Boulevard and they have limited space to set up a Carnival. (They do treat you right with what counts - price).

I am apprehensive to go to my local dealership for a wash or service. If the service department is anything like the sales department, I want no part of it. My whole nightmare story with them was posted in another forum a month ago. Some of you read how they tried to take advantage of me and how I stuck it to them. I feel like they have me "black listed" and will unscrew some bolts and lug-nuts if I leave my car with them.
Old 08-17-06, 10:17 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CaBlonde
Well, it sounds like a nice dealership that I would like to visit. There was not much to the BH dealership since they are on crowded Wilshire Boulevard and they have limited space to set up a Carnival. (They do treat you right with what counts - price).

I am apprehensive to go to my local dealership for a wash or service. If the service department is anything like the sales department, I want no part of it. My whole nightmare story with them was posted in another forum a month ago. Some of you read how they tried to take advantage of me and how I stuck it to them. I feel like they have me "black listed" and will unscrew some bolts and lug-nuts if I leave my car with them.
I work literally a few blocks from the Jim Falk Dealership in Beverly Hills. I'm at the corner of Wilshire and Camden, so I pass by that Lexus dealership everyday. They have this big banner in the front advertising the ES350... It says "How do you engineer desire?" If they are nice, I'll do my services there during the week and walk back to my office.
Old 08-17-06, 10:22 PM
richbutler
Rookie

I hand wash my car about every 2 weeks and apply a polymer sealant about every 4 months. I also use microfiber towels to dry and detail my car. When I don't wash my car myself, I bring it to AJs for a hand wash. My dealer (Lexus of Stevens Creek) provides a nice hand wash with a service to your car. However, I can't imagine going 5000 miles or 6 months between washes...LOL!
Old 08-17-06, 10:24 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Celibon
Yeah, we're all paying for it... and you, twice!

Sorry, couldn't help it.
You meanie. I dont blame you though cus i was wide open target for that one. For some reason, I try to inconvenience the dealership so that they waste money on man-hours and i feel vindicated. When i turned in the MSM, i forgot my Frank Sinatra CD in the changer. I called them, and they said come and pick it up. I said no I'm too busy. Next thing I know, they sent it via DHL overnight A.M., which prolly costs more for delivery than the value of the CD. Them knuckleheads.... Im gonna go there on sunday and see if i can get some free stuff.... i am going to keep reminding them that I have NOT filled out my survey yet, and I am still sad about the MSM incident.
Old 08-18-06, 04:20 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, let's get this thread somewhat back OT. Has anyone else noticed how often the windows get a smoky like fog on the inside. I've had this occurrance with other new cars. I'm told it's the initial burn off of the plasticizers out of the vinyl. It will quickly dissipate over a few months. The front window is the worst above the dash. I started using a sun shield to help with this.

Anyway, I had some window gel that I bought for the old Lexus that was formulated for tinted windows. It doesn't work well at all. Even windex leaves streaks. Anybody have a product that will cut this fog without streaking.

Last edited by Macklin; 08-18-06 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-21-06, 04:07 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

My husband washes his ES350 SGM every 5 days when he fills up gas using Touch-less car wash. This way dirt, bug stains and bird thingee do not build up; otherwise, he takes advantage of the free car wash from Lexus dealer. I wash my crystal white IS250 weekly using the Touch less as well. We're too busy to wash our own cars.
Old 08-22-06, 09:20 PM
whoadiz
Driver School Candidate

Default hrm..

so let me get this straight.. as a lexus owner we can get free car washes at the dealerships or is it only included when you have your car serviced. So if i'm thinking right.. since i bought my RX330 from Pohanka Lexus, I can just stop by n tell them that my car needs a good washing? =)
Old 08-23-06, 12:41 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whoadiz
so let me get this straight.. as a lexus owner we can get free car washes at the dealerships or is it only included when you have your car serviced. So if i'm thinking right.. since i bought my RX330 from Pohanka Lexus, I can just stop by n tell them that my car needs a good washing? =)
Each dealership is different. So you might have to call them for their freebie policies. As for Lexus of Glendale, CA. it's free washes anytime. Dont milk this one to death cus its not exactly great for the paint job, as in any automatic carwashes around.