ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
View Poll Results: What is the exterior color of your ES350?
Blue Onyx Pearl
6.72%
Royal Ruby Metallic
16.42%
Aquamarine Pearl
2.24%
Amber Pearl
2.24%
Golden Almond Metallic
4.48%
Crystal White
11.19%
Tungsten Pearl
19.78%
Moon Shell Mica
4.10%
Smoky Granite Mica
19.03%
Black Onyx
8.96%
I don't have an ES350 but now I'm reading this and want to vote
4.85%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Color of your ES350

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-06, 01:00 PM
Celibon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garsarno
Hi to all. New to this forum / have ordered a Blue Onyx - Cashmere Ultra. Dealer advised that the new color name for the blue is Black Sapphire, Obsidian is the new Black. Any pictures of the Blue Onyx? Dealer had one for 1/2 week, by the time I decided, it was gone. Thanks....
There you go:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229344

And welcome to the forum
Old 09-06-06, 01:51 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Celibon
There you go:

And welcome to the forum
Thanks. I found your pictures / cannot wait for the car. Expected by mid October to Wilkes Barre, PA dealership. Considered GS but the difference in size / price could not be substantiated in our mind and pocketbook. The Blue Onyx color has been renamed to Black Sapphire (like the IS colors). Black is now Obsidian (like Mercedes).
Old 09-06-06, 01:56 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Celibon
There you go:

And welcome to the forum
Noticed you are from Ontario, Canada. I worked for a company based in Georgetown / enjoyed visits up North. Grew up in Buffalo and visited Niagara Falls many times.
Old 09-13-06, 04:03 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

I saw the amber pearl today (2nd time ever), and it reminded me of the color of a lager beer that I drank in college. Then suddenly I got really thirsty...and had to get something to drink fast. These colors do indeed trigger feelings and emotions by association. My SGM reminds me of the graphite material they use for fighter jets shown to me during a tour of the JPL in pasadena. I thought it was so cool, so by association the SGM was correlated with coolness of the fighter jet.
Old 09-14-06, 08:20 AM
estreefidy
Driver School Candidate

Just picked up our Black on Black last night. With Chrome and spoiler, it looks even better than I had hoped! I know it is going to be hard to keep clean and shiny, but boy, when it is clean, it looks sooooo sharp/classy/elegant! I have to get the windows tinted yet, so once that is done, I will post pics for all to see!

One thing, the dealer installed a "wind shield" on the sunroof. I didn't know that they were going to do this and was surprised when I saw it. I am still not sure if I like it or not. Once I post pics, I will be eager to get feedback on how everyone thinks it looks...
Old 09-19-06, 02:30 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by estreefidy
Just picked up our Black on Black last night. With Chrome and spoiler, it looks even better than I had hoped! I know it is going to be hard to keep clean and shiny, but boy, when it is clean, it looks sooooo sharp/classy/elegant! I have to get the windows tinted yet, so once that is done, I will post pics for all to see!

One thing, the dealer installed a "wind shield" on the sunroof. I didn't know that they were going to do this and was surprised when I saw it. I am still not sure if I like it or not. Once I post pics, I will be eager to get feedback on how everyone thinks it looks...
Personally, I would have them take off the wind deflector. I saw one recently on a ES350 and felt it took away from the smooth aerodynamic lines of the roof of the car. Wind deflectors have been used for years, so it makes your new car look old fashioned.

P.S. Good luck with your new beauty.
Old 09-20-06, 12:27 PM
estreefidy
Driver School Candidate

Agreed. In fact, I removed it the very next day. At first, it looked kinda nice, in a different sort of way, but the more I looked at it, the more it became extremely distracting. Therefore, it is now on a shelf in my garage.

Anyone want a wind deflector? I'll give you a great deal on it!
Old 10-01-06, 01:52 PM
datisrite
Driver School Candidate

Black on black baby! You know it looks nasty....
Old 10-03-06, 08:21 AM
rhinnard
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Last Tuesday night I picked up an ES350 (not UL) but mid-level luxury package with the NAV package in Black Sapphire Pearl with Cashmere interior. I am very pleased with this choice and have yet to see another one on the road. I was told by a Lexus sales manager (friend of mine) that this color is fairly rare for the ES350.
Old 10-03-06, 08:15 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

GRRRRRRRRR.....did you guys know Lexus replaced crystal white with starfire pearl for all Lexus models? Now why would they do this ....I thought the replacement only applies to GS and IS....guess I was wrong. Well, makes me happy we bought the SGM for the ES.

While at the dealer yesterday, I compared my crystal white 2IS with another 2IS with starfire pearl.....actually starfire is much brighter. Sux for those who bought the crystal white.
Old 10-05-06, 10:55 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Picking up my Black Sapphire / Cashmere tomorrow in Wilkes Barre, PA. It is indeed a rare color, only one other one in Northeast PA sold by same dealer.
Old 10-05-06, 11:22 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

In anticipation of picking up the car tomorrow, I have ordered the Exact Mats from e-bay and a heavy chrome plain license plate frame from gunthergifts.com. I have one on my 2004 Lincoln LS and it has not tarnished / looks like new since 12/04. We sold our 1999 Town Car and look forward to the ES350. I have my new car review list from the post problems and will evaluate all before signing anything for receipt of the car.
Old 10-05-06, 08:39 PM
MR.FG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default got crystal white

here is mine.
Attached Thumbnails Color of your ES350-new-1-copy.jpg  
Old 10-06-06, 12:44 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Picked up the Black Sapphire ES350 Ultra and we love it. I had to laugh though, the salesman extolled how the car went through a check system at the west coast port and again at the Newark, NJ port and again at the the dealership. Everyone forgot to fill the windshield wash reservoir. Mine is a 8/06 build and so far (48 miles), so good. The owner's manuals are like getting an education course to do / will start study tonight. The only thing I need to to do is to somehow keep the radio display on the ML Navigation screen always. Any quick replys on how to do this would be appreciated.
Old 10-06-06, 04:53 PM
MR.FG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations on you new car, enjoy!

Quick Reply: Color of your ES350