ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Sirius on ES 350?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-06, 03:35 PM
jdasmh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sirius on ES 350?

Just recently bought ES 350 & paid for Sirius Option (agreed with dealer that we'd wait a few months until available this Summer). Now Summer's half over & still no Sirius option. Now Lexus has quietly removed the Sirius option from it's website. We're still hanging in their and waiting, because we're big Sirius fans and have been for years. Does anyone have any insight or news into what's going on with Sirius and the 350 (our Dealer sure doesn't)?
Old 07-29-06, 04:15 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 07 ES350 with Sirius. The dealer installed a unit intended for the 2006 ES330. It works perfect (controlled by the Nav system and the steering wheel). Sound is super especially on the stations that do a good job broadcasting, such as Blues 74. With the exception of "The Flaw" (ten characters for the song title and ten characters for the artist, shame on you Mrs. Lexus) I am very satisfied. Go back to your dealer, pound your fist on the desk, and demand that they install what you paid for, NOW!

OK, wait until 7:30am on Monday.
Old 07-30-06, 12:35 AM
wizhill
Driver School Candidate

I was told by two dealers that the Sirius module from the '06 line had reception problems, and Lexus was waiting for the final design of a replacement from another manufacturer (Denso, I believe). In the mean time neither dealer is installing Sirius receivers.

I asked about this again recently, and I was quietly told by the service manager that it may not be an issue of WHEN they get the module, but of IF they get it. Too bad, because I'd shell out the $12/ month for Sirius, but not the $10 for XM. Although there have been quiet talks of a Sirius / XM merger again in the last month or so, so perhaps in a few years we won't be forced to choose. (It'll probably never happen, but wouldn't it be nice?)

psp, you in N or S CA? I'm curious, since you've had no reception problems...
Old 07-30-06, 07:30 AM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As to your questions,

1. I live in the SF Bay area on the peninsula.

2. There is no issue with reception except under some underpasses and some tree lined streets. This happens with all Sirius satellite receivers that I have owned not just the ones from Lexus. Those "dropouts" are minimal. Remember that Sirius is not FM, it's like high def TV. You either get the correct good sounding signal or you get nothing, no static sounding in-between sound like on FM.
Old 07-30-06, 08:08 AM
richbutler
Rookie

My sirius was installed free by my dealer, and I was given a free 9 month trial period. I don't have reception problems, and I'm also in the Bay Area.
Old 08-16-06, 09:38 AM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

I had Sirius installed last week by my dealer. I also had it installed free and received 9 months of free subscription. There is a black box on the inside of the windshield on the passenger side of the rearview mirror. There is no wire or box in the back. I live in El Centro, CA which is on the CA/MEX border and have had no problems with reception. I had a lot of cutouts driving the freeway in San Diego due to the many overpasses. I must say I'm getting pretty spoiled with the Satellite radio and Navigation System. I could never go back to regular radio. I used the Nav system quite a bit while on vacation in San Diego. I could never go without that either.