ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 03:11 PM
Celibon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L

Just picked up this baby today and I must say I'm in love with it. Everything is so quiet and smooth as I have expected. Didn't press it too hard but at 80km/hr I didn't hear any wind noise from the A pillar so I take it's a good sign.

I noticed that there aren't many blue onyx ES350 on the forum, but this is actually a very nice color. It's a very dark blue, almost black in the pictures. However if you see it under sunlight in person, it's definitely a very nice blue. I think it goes with the cashmere interior nicely. While I was in the car checking things out with my salesman, I could see other customers in the dealership staring and pointing at my car. One couple even jokingly told my salesman that they would buy it.

Anyway, here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L-img_2652.jpg  
Old 07-25-06, 03:14 PM
Celibon
Driver

Too bad the Canadian U/L package doesn't include the parking assist.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L-img_2653.jpg  
Old 07-25-06, 03:15 PM
Celibon
Driver

Another pic from behind. It looks like black.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L-img_2655.jpg  
Old 07-25-06, 03:15 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations! Awesome looking car.
Old 07-25-06, 03:18 PM
Celibon
Driver

Did I say I'm in love?
Attached Thumbnails Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L-img_2664.jpg  
Old 07-25-06, 03:21 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Very..very nice! I thought long and hard about the blk or this color but went with the blk in the end. This color looks classy yet unique. Congratuations!!!!!
Old 07-25-06, 04:07 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Congratulations for the new ES , good choice of color too
Old 07-25-06, 08:11 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats ..............The new ES is a very impressive looking car. IMO it would be even better if it had normal sized side mirrors (whats with the SUV style mirrors on the IS, ES, and new LS ) and bigger wheels with smaller fender gap.

Blue Onyx is an incredible color..............I love goin to the gas station at night and just looking at the paint on the car under the light.
Old 07-25-06, 09:06 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Congrats ..............The new ES is a very impressive looking car. IMO it would be even better if it had normal sized side mirrors (whats with the SUV style mirrors on the IS, ES, and new LS ) and bigger wheels with smaller fender gap.

Blue Onyx is an incredible color..............I love goin to the gas station at night and just looking at the paint on the car under the light.

The first thing i noticed on the car was the side mirrors and inquired about them at lexus corporate. Their response was that the ergonomically designed sideview mirrors help achieve lower aerodynamic resistance at higher speeds thus improving fuel mileage. At first i questioned this but seeing how people are averaging 26-28 mpg, i am not going to question them anymore. My 06 330 averages 22mpg
Old 07-25-06, 09:10 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

ooops i forgot to congratulate you on the car. I also have blue onyx and cashmere leather and i also get lots of compliments from people too. A very sharp color and hope you treat the car well as it will treat you well too!
Old 07-25-06, 09:19 PM
dp5
Driver

Congratulations on a beautiful car in a beautiful color. I was torn between the Blue Onyx and SGM. A SGM UL car came available and I never got to see the Blue Onyx before I made my purchase. I'm extremely happy with my color but I'll admit that the Blue Onyx is gorgeous.
Old 07-25-06, 11:07 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

beautiful!
Old 07-26-06, 03:16 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree - it is a gorgeous color. When I picked my Ruby Red, I got to see the Blue Onyx and I almost went with that. My husband preferred that color. But in the end, I got the Ruby. This is a great car and looks gorgeous in almost any color, it seems (except maybe for the MSM that people don't seem to like which I have not seen in person).
Congratulations! All these UL packages make me wish I had one too.
Old 07-26-06, 06:57 AM
Celibon
Driver

Thanks all for the compliments. I really think you can't go wrong with this car in any color. I would have been fine with the Black, Tungsten Pearl, Crystal White, or SGM. It just so turned out that my favorite Blue Onyx was available in just 3 weeks time.

Took it for a 2 hour drive late last night. Very impressed with the quiet cabin and smooth trasmission. I also came to find that doing stuff on the navigation screen can be very distracting when driving, especially since I'm still getting used to the car. Best to do it when the car is stopped.
Old 07-26-06, 05:44 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Celibon
Thanks all for the compliments. I really think you can't go wrong with this car in any color.
Yes you can. The pink one.

My black one (aka Loudella) is spending the night at the dealer because the ML is acting up. They gave me an 07 ES350 in MSM to ride around in. It has a gray interior too. While many may like this combination I (emphatically) prefer the black on black (I'm trying to be nice here, you may interpret in between the lines).

Also, for what it's worth, Kaius88 made a wise decision going with the UL package. I now realize that I would not be happy with the non-UL version. It is just plain old better.

Quick Reply: Pics of a Blue Onyx ES350 U/L