ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

How I fell in love with the new ES

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 03:44 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile How I fell in love with the new ES

I have enjoyed reading everyones posts and wanted to share my story.

Well....I needed a car pretty quickly and the first on my list was a Benz. My husband kept nagging me about the new ES and how it looked really great but I saw plenty of those around and never thought much about it except that when you get in the car...it really felt...expensive. I kept ignoring him untill he sat down with me and said, "This car has everything...go test drive it at least". Whatever, I thought, and humored him on my way to test drive the Benz. I got to the Lexus dealership and looked around a bit and asked where the new ES was, I could not spot it.

Then the sales guy lead me to the middle of the show room and well.....that was on a Wedsday. on Saturday, I picked up my new ES 350. My husband was right, it had it all. It drove so smooth and comfortable, had all the gadgets I liked, cant go wrong with their wonderful reputation, and the new style was really eye catching.

By the way, I did test drive the Benz and I didn't really like the feel of the ride. It was really stiff and the sales people sucked!!!! I know I'm in LA but the snobs really got on my nerves. Now I am a Lexus fan!!! The staff at my dealerships was so great....especially the layout of it with alot of extras like a golf pudding area and an endless buffet of different drinks and dipped strawberries...not to mention the free car wash every visit...they really know how to treat a lady...

Blk / Blk
PPP w/ Nav
Old 07-21-06, 04:12 PM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Good for you!

Black/black must be ultra sharp.

Very macho looking!
Old 07-21-06, 04:24 PM
Bash4
Driver School Candidate

Great choice. Number one in reliability and resale. Congratulations.
Old 07-21-06, 04:30 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Good for you!

Black/black must be ultra sharp.

Very macho looking!
Yup! fits my persoanlity.....

It was an easy choice....I really feel that the car comes to life in this color like no other. It's armor coated inside and out (guranteed for 5 years by my dealer) to help with the particulars of the cleaning for this color.
Old 07-21-06, 04:36 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Congratulations on purchasing the ES 350. You will enjoy many miles with your car. Drive safe and happy driving...
Old 07-21-06, 04:37 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Welcome to CL and congratulations!
Old 07-21-06, 04:43 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Talking Thanks everybody!

Thank you for all your welcome!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-06, 06:50 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ES350LUV
Yup! fits my persoanlity.....

It was an easy choice....I really feel that the car comes to life in this color like no other. It's armor coated inside and out (guranteed for 5 years by my dealer) to help with the particulars of the cleaning for this color.
So's mine (5 year armor coated) and it had swirl marks all over it from the dealer. I had it clay bar-ed and waxed by a pro. Now it looks proper.

Congrats on the Nu-ride!
Old 07-21-06, 09:14 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by psp
So's mine (5 year armor coated) and it had swirl marks all over it from the dealer. I had it clay bar-ed and waxed by a pro. Now it looks proper.

Congrats on the Nu-ride!
Thanks! I have the same marks on my car as well. I am going to try your method if it ever bothers me but so far so good. By the way, how much did u pay for your armor? I paid $300.
Old 07-21-06, 09:41 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350LUV
I have enjoyed reading everyones posts and wanted to share my story.

Well....I needed a car pretty quickly and the first on my list was a Benz. My husband kept nagging me about the new ES and how it looked really great but I saw plenty of those around and never thought much about it except that when you get in the car...it really felt...expensive. I kept ignoring him untill he sat down with me and said, "This car has everything...go test drive it at least". Whatever, I thought, and humored him on my way to test drive the Benz. I got to the Lexus dealership and looked around a bit and asked where the new ES was, I could not spot it.

Then the sales guy lead me to the middle of the show room and well.....that was on a Wedsday. on Saturday, I picked up my new ES 350. My husband was right, it had it all. It drove so smooth and comfortable, had all the gadgets I liked, cant go wrong with their wonderful reputation, and the new style was really eye catching.

By the way, I did test drive the Benz and I didn't really like the feel of the ride. It was really stiff and the sales people sucked!!!! I know I'm in LA but the snobs really got on my nerves. Now I am a Lexus fan!!! The staff at my dealerships was so great....especially the layout of it with alot of extras like a golf pudding area and an endless buffet of different drinks and dipped strawberries...not to mention the free car wash every visit...they really know how to treat a lady...

Blk / Blk
PPP w/ Nav
I bought my first Lexus from 'Santa Monica Lexus' way back in 1990. By any chance was this your dealer also?
Old 07-21-06, 09:50 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by amf1932
I bought my first Lexus from 'Santa Monica Lexus' way back in 1990. By any chance was this your dealer also?
No...in Glendale.
Old 07-21-06, 09:57 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of Glendale... they had the best price on the Car Cover for My 2007 ES 350 over any other dealer in Los Angeles.
Old 07-21-06, 11:00 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default Glendale is famous for good pricing

when you mentioned putting green, i knew it was glendale. That's my dealership!
Old 07-21-06, 11:44 PM
ES350LUV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kaius88
when you mentioned putting green, i knew it was glendale. That's my dealership!
I agree...I feel that i got a fair deal at the time I purchased my ES (back in June).
Old 07-22-06, 06:04 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! You made a wise decision.

Glendale is a nice area. I visited several times a couple of years ago while doing a project with a company there...Applied Minds, Inc. One day we drove all through the hills looking at the houses. Ended up over at the Rose Bowl.

Quick Reply: How I fell in love with the new ES