ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Prices have gone up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06, 07:01 AM
Redefined
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices have gone up?

Just checked the price at lexus.com; price has gone up $500 on my package option. Not sure about other packages.
Old 07-14-06, 09:11 AM
mcboard
Driver School Candidate

I think this is because the option package has changed. I know most of the packages now have rear seat airbags for an extra $250. There may be other changes.
Old 07-14-06, 09:25 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Supply and demand!!! I am not surprised. A friend of mine paced an order for Mazda RX8 when they first came out over a year ago, had to wait close to 3-4 month to get the car, and when it arrived from Japan he was charged more money because price went up.

After that initial discovery of tranny problem, supply went down because shipments from Japan stopped for almost 2 weeks (my info is based on what my dealer told me). I think that demand for ES350 going to sky rocket. I'm just basing on my own observation here in NJ. ES350 right now is very rare to spot on the road, everywhere you look you see ES300/330. So, a lot of the people probably starting to discover the car now after visiting their dealership for an oil change or maintance. I also think this will affect price negotiation and MSRP discounting.
Old 07-14-06, 09:37 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did the MSRP change or the invoice price?
Old 07-14-06, 10:14 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Default for a new car

for a new car like this, bargaining power is limited. However, depending on area and dealership status, you might be able to find some great deals. In my area of Los Angeles, the silver and white are often available at the dealership, so i figure you can probably get a decent deal if you haggle enough. This dealership does not carry the Amber Pearl at all, and has very limited shipments of Golden Almond, MSM, and Blue Onyx. The rest of the colors fall somewhere in between... various ext/int combos for various tastes. The hottest selling color at this dealership is Smoky Granite (my initial choice) where the sales rep refused to budge from MSRP. Then when i decided MSM, and went to the dealer in Cerritos 30 miles away, their hottest seller was the MSM and refused to budge from MSRP. Then i went on vacation for a week and came back, and my local dealer let me buy my MSM Premium Pro for $2850 under MSRP, which I figure it's all good. There is definitely supply and demand here. I wouldnt expect much negotiation on such a hot car, but luck plays a role too.
Old 07-14-06, 10:16 AM
Redefined
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Did the MSRP change or the invoice price?
It's the MSRP change, but most dealerships are dealing from the MSRP, not ithe nvoice price. Their median profit is somewhere between the invoice and MSRP. So this will definitely drive the market up slightly especially for the UL package.
Old 07-14-06, 11:06 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

I think the price will be stable in a few months time, in line with the release of the 2007 models from the other manufacturers, notibly the 2007 infiniti G35. The 'wow' factor of ES350 will be affected, but I am sure that as a Lexus, the ES350 will still see stable demand, but people won't regard it as a must-have car. Regarding the colors, I agree with you Kaius88. I can usually see the silver and whites in the dealership. Out of the 3 dealers I kept in touch with, only 2 of them have more than 1 SGM (my color). One had the exact car choice that I want and wouldn't even give me 1500 below MSRP. Cerritos doesn't even have the ones I want (I had SGM and Amber Pearl as my 1st n 2nd choices), little to say even for the silver ones, they wont even want my business. I have a bitter taste of their dealership, to think that I came back there as I had initially went there to get the RX400h when they are first released last year (put a deposit and almost got the car but few months before delivery, I had other financial obligations that detract me from getting the car). Nevertheless, I am sure people in areas where there are more lexus dealerships should still be able to get better deals.
Old 07-15-06, 08:36 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

cocopops , what was the name of the dealer you bought your car from?
Old 07-15-06, 10:06 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

o Jeff. I got mine from Crown Lexus @ Ontario. A neat dealer, though they might be smaller than the others such as Longo, Cerritos, etc.
Old 07-16-06, 05:45 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaius88
Then i went on vacation for a week and came back, and my local dealer let me buy my MSM Premium Pro for $2850 under MSRP, which I figure it's all good. There is definitely supply and demand here. I wouldnt expect much negotiation on such a hot car, but luck plays a role too.
You CA guys are fortunate for sure! On the other coast it's damn near impossible to find a deal that good. My dealer insisted that $500 off was a good deal.