ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

trading in 01 RX for 07 ES soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 07:52 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trading in 01 RX for 07 ES soon

i will be soon departing from my 01 RX 300 for a 07 ES 350. I have already got what colors and options i want in my head. I would like to purchase a black onyx with the cashmere interior, the premium package, while i would love to have navigation, its not really a nesssary, but i feel it looks better with navigation. but anywho most likely for an option i would get the HID headlamps and maybe the rear spoiler. But only option i would like to have is to purchase the 18" from the 06 GS 430 and apply them to the ES. Do yall think those will fit and look right with this car? I feel that those are the best looking wheels lexus has made so far, and feel that those will add some sport looks to the ES.
Old 06-30-06, 09:13 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you will regret not getting the navigation. Most people who said the exact same thing over the past severals years and then got navigation now will not buy a car without one. If you have never had navigation, you really don't know what you are missing.
Old 06-30-06, 11:42 PM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with JEFFOFLA, get the NAV or you'll be kicking yourself a couple of months from now. I knew that I could live without it but bought it anyway because I knew I'd probably regret it if I didn't. I have to say that I absolutely love the NAV features and will never buy a car without it again. It is just so helpful and, well, cool.

Plus the backup camera is an amazing sight.

I say go for it.

Your color combo should look great (keep it clean though). The spoiler and 18" wheels will also add to your overall look and will add a lot to the car.
Old 07-01-06, 07:13 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are contradicting yourself "If you never had navigation before, you you really don't know what you are missing". I never had navigation before, so I will not be missing it in my new ES350, right? I heard a lot of opinions from other car owners with NAV that swear their life on it. But, if I use my car for a simple to work and back commute on a road that I can drive with my eyes closed, why would I need a nav? I don't take my car on a vacation to unknown places, and for a long trips with my baby daughter we take SUV. Actually, when I test drove ES350 w/NAV, I found myself looking more at the moving pointer on the NAV screen instead of the road LOL!!!
Old 07-01-06, 07:34 AM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we bought the Nissan Quest for my wife we did not get the Nav system and I have regretted it. Nav systems are way cool and very useful. On the Lexus you get the added features of the back-up camera and the controls for the audio, climate, and bluetooth. Plus you can watch the Stones in concert when your wife is in getting the dry cleaning. The Nav in the Lexus Brothers automobile is not the Nav of old; it is a newer generation with some highly desirable features including voice command that works very well, except trying to find Grove Street in San Francisco.

I have the black UL with a black interior (see the pix in the roll call). One day I will go with chrome wheels but not until these tires wear out and the wheels get scratched up, maybe 19's. Black cars look best in the shade and at night. And when clean and polished, during the day too.

My advice --- FULLY LOADED!!
Old 07-01-06, 09:26 AM
Bash4
Driver School Candidate

I believe you only get the backup camera in a UL package. So if someone buys nav in premium plus you do not get the advantage of the backup camera. Going from premium plus to UL is about four grand more. The only advantage I see is style and convenience. I may just buy a Garmin for four hundred.
Old 07-01-06, 09:41 AM
lds
Driver School Candidate

I have NAV with the premium plus package and it does come with the backup camera. I also think the NAV is great and would probably never get a car without it ...
Old 07-01-06, 10:57 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, its true. Premium+ comes with Nav and back up camera, you don't need UL for it. Also, a good point for a portable NAV system. If you have other cars in a family without NAV, this could be useful for traveling. Of course, you loose *cool* points for not having an integrated NAV which makes car look not as "rich". I will most likely consider NAV system for a future...
Old 07-09-06, 07:54 AM
LA-RE_BRKR
Driver School Candidate

Default RE: Garmin Nav vs installed

This is my first posting so forgive me if it doesn't look right. It's in reply to NAV vs NON Nav or portable Garmin.

I had a portable Garmin that was good in my last car except that it was a pain to have to take it in and out of the car, risk getting it stolen if left in the car, having it roll around, etc.

I don't believe my ES 350 2007 is UL - no Panoramic sunroof but does have vent seats, navi, bunch of stuff that's way cool!

Spending that much on the car, I would go for it. You don't want to get remorse later wishing what if... Plus, the one time you do get lost, it will be worth it.

PS: Again about the Garmin - I ended up returning it due to the hassle and ugliness of wires running to it and possible need for antenna -it's not as good as a factory installed one.

Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck! It's a great car!
Old 07-09-06, 09:14 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Default No Nav???!!!

...Are you completely insane?

The idea of a car without nav is pretty much like buying a car without wheels.

Not only does it tell you how to get to places. No matter where you are in the Northern Hemisphere, with the push of one button, you're as good as home.

And that's just the beginning. Want to know where gas stations are for that quick (shall we say) "pit stop?" It'll tell you.

Want Japanese food? It'll tell you (and bring you right there).

Want to know where historical sights are? Ditto

Museums?

Supermarkets?

Etc.

You're buying a ~$40k car and you'd even hesitate for a split second before ordering the nav system???!!!

I have a suggestion.

Buy an Altima!
Old 07-09-06, 12:19 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Did you actually see new 2007 Nissan Altima? It has NAV w/rear-view monitor, dual-climate control and push-button engine start (smart remote functions identical to ES350), external link for MP3 player, bluetooth, BOSE stereo, and a new 265HP V6 with available Hybrid version New body styling resembles a cross between G35 and M35, kind of cheap and ugly anyway... I actually didn't even know they are going to have a new model, until you mentioned "buy an altima" and I just went to check it out on the web LOL!!! Its like Nissan engineers copied exactly all the features of ES350?

As for NAV, what you described sounds good but it all depends on your curent lifestyle and need for it. If you are in your early 30's with baby kids and only using a car for work commute, its a distraction and useless option (just for show off to look good in a car). Its the same as some 20 year old getting a four door luxury sedan instead of a 2-door sports coupe It sounds absolutely like a must have option for traveling or an active lifestyle. For some of us, *cough* *cough*, you just need to be in that lifestyle *bracket* to enjoy it. Otherwise, its just an option which worth (at least for me) a year supply of gasoline

Oh man, can't wait to get my ES350.....
Old 07-09-06, 12:49 PM
tnfan
Rookie

Nav will definitely help in resale/tradein value. Also your lifestyle might change. Not sure why it would be a distraction as you do not have to use it all the time and you have the option to select an alternative view on your screen. Not trying to talk you into getting it but just offering another perspective. Hope you enjoy your new car!
Old 07-09-06, 01:03 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

I do see everybody's point, but decision has been made and I selected Premium packge w/additional options w/o Nav. They actually told me at dealership its easy for them to swap between audio w/ and w/o Nav. Who knows, maybe I will change my mind with all this "pear pressure"
Old 07-19-06, 02:10 PM
GS Kid 300
Pole Position

Originally Posted by twister
Did you actually see new 2007 Nissan Altima? It has NAV w/rear-view monitor, dual-climate control and push-button engine start (smart remote functions identical to ES350), external link for MP3 player, bluetooth, BOSE stereo, and a new 265HP V6 with available Hybrid version New body styling resembles a cross between G35 and M35, kind of cheap and ugly anyway... I actually didn't even know they are going to have a new model, until you mentioned "buy an altima" and I just went to check it out on the web LOL!!! Its like Nissan engineers copied exactly all the features of ES350?

As for NAV, what you described sounds good but it all depends on your curent lifestyle and need for it. If you are in your early 30's with baby kids and only using a car for work commute, its a distraction and useless option (just for show off to look good in a car). Its the same as some 20 year old getting a four door luxury sedan instead of a 2-door sports coupe It sounds absolutely like a must have option for traveling or an active lifestyle. For some of us, *cough* *cough*, you just need to be in that lifestyle *bracket* to enjoy it. Otherwise, its just an option which worth (at least for me) a year supply of gasoline

Oh man, can't wait to get my ES350.....
Guilty , except im not even 20.