ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 02:59 PM
gportiz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius

Has anyone gotten the Sirius Satellite Option installed yet? I understand that the Lexus ES350 Audio Head Units are manufactured by Pioneer. Does anyone know of an aftermarket Sirius tuner that is compatible with these Pioneer Units?
Old 06-20-06, 05:00 PM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

I'm still waiting for them to call me. I was told by the dealer to wait for the Sirius unit specific for this model.
Old 06-20-06, 05:00 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did. It was installed by the dealer. They say the unit made for the 06 ES330 fits the Nav/ML system that I have. Do a search under Sirius and you can find the part numbers.

In case you are wondering the thing works perfect and sounds great, with the exception of "The Flaw". Also they mounted the antenna on the trunk just below the 3rd tail light. I really wanted it on the roof but then I remembered, glass roofs are not magnetic (duh).
Old 06-21-06, 10:31 AM
gportiz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by psp
I did. It was installed by the dealer. They say the unit made for the 06 ES330 fits the Nav/ML system that I have. Do a search under Sirius and you can find the part numbers.

In case you are wondering the thing works perfect and sounds great, with the exception of "The Flaw". Also they mounted the antenna on the trunk just below the 3rd tail light. I really wanted it on the roof but then I remembered, glass roofs are not magnetic (duh).
PSP,

What is "The Flaw" that you are referring to? In addition, could you post some pictures of the location of the Sirius antenna?

Thanks!
Old 06-22-06, 10:27 AM
psp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gportiz
PSP,

What is "The Flaw" that you are referring to? In addition, could you post some pictures of the location of the Sirius antenna?

Thanks!
I will finally post some Pix this weekend.

The Flaw??

Some brilliant engineering type at Lexus Brothers decided that 10 alpha-numeric characters were all that Lexus consumers would ever need for the song title and artist on the display for satellite radio. So if Bonnie Raitt is singing “Good Enough” the display will read:

Artist: Bonnie Rai
Song: Good Enoug

It is the same for XM as it is for Sirius. (I will not make further comment).
Old 06-22-06, 06:06 PM
nstan20
Driver School Candidate

Default Characters per line with nav

My ES350 is equipped with XM satellite. I was checking the various XM channels and determined that a maximum of 16 characters or spaces are being displayed for both song title and artist. My XM is integrated with the navigation system so the information is being displayed on the nav screen.
Old 06-23-06, 09:37 PM
RA061024
Rookie

Originally Posted by nstan20
My ES350 is equipped with XM satellite. I was checking the various XM channels and determined that a maximum of 16 characters or spaces are being displayed for both song title and artist. My XM is integrated with the navigation system so the information is being displayed on the nav screen.
Your positive of this? Don't get me wrong, it's just that VAIS Tech is claiming that the advantage of using their SLX instead of the dealer installed turner is that theirs can display 16 char and the dealer's is only 10. I'm thinking about paying the extra money to get the dealer version because it mounts in the truck area where it is prewired, but not if it can only display 10 characters.
Old 06-24-06, 07:51 AM
nstan20
Driver School Candidate

Default 16 characters

My XM was installed by the Lexus dealer and I continue to count a maximum of 16 characters for both the song title and the artist's name. Do you have the navigation system? My XM is integrated with the navigation screen so I am seeing the information right on the navigation screen.
Old 06-24-06, 12:03 PM
RA061024
Rookie

Yes I have the navigation system in our car. I think I'll head down to the dealer to pick my tuner and install kit today. I'll still be saving quite a bit of ca$h doing the work myself even though I'm buying the equipment from the dealer. Can you imagine the dealer wanted $903+tax to install the XM tuner. I'll be saving at least $550.

Thank you very much for the information you have provided. I'll let you know how the install goes.

Thanks again.
Old 06-24-06, 06:21 PM
nstan20
Driver School Candidate

Default Installation of XM

$903 plus tax to install XM on your new ES350? That is a rip off! I ordered XM for my new ES350 and was charged a total of $499 for the tuner and insallation. Some other posts that I read had XM being installed for less that $499.
Old 06-24-06, 10:06 PM
Hitsme
Driver School Candidate

Longo, here in CA, includes Sirius with a 9 month subscription in every ES350 (and other models) free. It shows on the window as a no charge dealer add on.

Even after paying zero for it, the 10 character limit is still driving me nuts. Solo careers nothwithstanding, I'm tired of seeing the display say a song is by "The Beatle"
Old 06-24-06, 10:19 PM
savior02
Driver School Candidate

Forget the hassle. I'm thinking about getting one of these and connected it into my AUX input. Will save time, money, and better yet I can get much more outta my satellite subscription! And I can store music or record for later CD burning.

http://www.tweeter.com/product/index...ductId=2144112

Last edited by savior02; 06-24-06 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-25-06, 08:35 AM
hperel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gportiz
Has anyone gotten the Sirius Satellite Option installed yet? I understand that the Lexus ES350 Audio Head Units are manufactured by Pioneer. Does anyone know of an aftermarket Sirius tuner that is compatible with these Pioneer Units?
Ic ordered my car last week hopefully have it by the end of the week, I am getting Sirius installed. While pricing cars I went to another dealer they told me it was not available, not sure what this all means.
Old 06-25-06, 08:01 PM
psp
Pole Position

As promised, here is where they stuck the antenna. I'll live with it.

And you can't do this on XM!!! And, please note "the flaw"

Old 06-26-06, 04:22 AM
Driver School Candidate

So do I take it that "The Flaw" does not permit the display to scroll? Does't that truncated display infuriate you? That 'Best of Ni' could anything or anyone, and we'll never know!

Quick Reply: Sirius