Park Assist?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-06, 10:07 AM
richbutler
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Assist?

Hi All,

I love my new es. It is definitely the nicest car I have ever owned. When purchasing, I was trying to get the Park Assist option. Unfortunately, my dealer wasn't able to get the factory Park Assist with the ultra. When parking in tight garages, I'm having some diffculty judging the corners of the car.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket 3rd party park assist? Is there a way to get the factory Lexus Park Assist installed by my dealer?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 05-23-06, 10:35 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by richbutler
Has anyone installed an aftermarket 3rd party park assist? Is there a way to get the factory Lexus Park Assist installed by my dealer?
Park Assist is a factory installed option, so it will be very difficult (and expensive) to add and integrate it onto the car.

Aftermarket park assist sensors are available, and provide audible noises to warn the driver. However, the Park Assist on the ES tells you which sensors/sections of the car is near an object. This is something that aftermarket sensors can't duplicate.
Old 05-23-06, 10:53 AM
tnfan
Rookie

I hope to have the Poron park assist installed by my Lexus dealer this week. Not quite as sophisticated as the factory installed unit, it does provide both audio and verbal warning. Will post an update along with pictures once it is installed.
Old 05-23-06, 12:47 PM
BobBass
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a license plate cover rear-park assist installed on my '04 Maxima and it works great! As was stated, it does not indicate WHERE the potential "touch points" are like the factory system, but it covers a lot of the rear area.

American Road Products manufactures and sells them.

Go here and check them out:

http://americanroadproductsinc.com/product_line.htm
Old 05-23-06, 01:25 PM
richbutler
Rookie

Default Great Suggestions!

Thanks for all the aftermarket suggestions. I have no problems with judging what is behind me thanks to the great backup camera with the nav unit. Believe it or not, I have more diffculties parking my car in tight spaces going forward because I can't see (or judge) the front right corner of the car, and I have a hard time judging the end pont of my front bumper. Hopefully I will get more used to it with time.
Old 05-23-06, 01:31 PM
tnfan
Rookie

For those interested, here is a website with information regarding the Poron Micro 5S:

http://www.visualpromotionsukltd.com/

BTW, I have no financial interest in this product!
Old 05-31-06, 02:24 PM
yelorz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by richbutler
Thanks for all the aftermarket suggestions. I have no problems with judging what is behind me thanks to the great backup camera with the nav unit. Believe it or not, I have more diffculties parking my car in tight spaces going forward because I can't see (or judge) the front right corner of the car, and I have a hard time judging the end pont of my front bumper. Hopefully I will get more used to it with time.

You might be interested in getting one of these for your garage.

http://www.solutionscatalog.com/jump...d=park+n+place
Old 05-31-06, 03:27 PM
richbutler
Rookie

Thanks but it is hard for me to judge where the front right corner of the car is located when I park in tight public garages.
Old 01-19-08, 07:43 PM
n8236
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BobBass
I had a license plate cover rear-park assist installed on my '04 Maxima and it works great! As was stated, it does not indicate WHERE the potential "touch points" are like the factory system, but it covers a lot of the rear area.

American Road Products manufactures and sells them.

Go here and check them out:

http://americanroadproductsinc.com/product_line.htm
Isn't the license plate a bit high for the sensors to see what's behind them?
Old 01-21-08, 02:45 PM
golfer1952
Driver School Candidate

Default Parking assist

Did you get the Poron system installed. If so, how does it look and did you have to get them painted to match the car?

Thanks

Originally Posted by tnfan
I hope to have the Poron park assist installed by my Lexus dealer this week. Not quite as sophisticated as the factory installed unit, it does provide both audio and verbal warning. Will post an update along with pictures once it is installed.