ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Anyone have Sirius or rear spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-06, 05:36 PM
tkubatz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Sirius or rear spoiler?

Has anyone had Sirius radio installed yet?

Can someone please post a picture of spoiler on car?

Thanks
Old 05-16-06, 09:14 AM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

I am patiently waiting for my Sirius radio to be installed. The dealer told me the kit has not come in yet. It will probably be another couple of months. I hope this kit is worth the wait. I know others have had XM installed already but my dealer said to wait for Sirius because I would not be happy with the XM installation.
Old 05-16-06, 02:39 PM
tkubatz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lyn06
I am patiently waiting for my Sirius radio to be installed. The dealer told me the kit has not come in yet. It will probably be another couple of months. I hope this kit is worth the wait. I know others have had XM installed already but my dealer said to wait for Sirius because I would not be happy with the XM installation.
I have been holding off purchasing the car till Sirius was available - So if I purchase now with the Nav/Mark Lev system, they can later hook it to the unit? Or is better to wait?
Old 05-16-06, 03:43 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyn06
I hope this kit is worth the wait. I know others have had XM installed already but my dealer said to wait for Sirius because I would not be happy with the XM installation.
I actually would rather have Sirius. But I got XM because I already have an XM radio in my home and could pay the $6.99/mo fee for the second radio. There is no problems with the XM installation. It sounds great. Not sure why he would tell you that you would not be happy with it.
Old 05-16-06, 07:32 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first post.

I just closed the deal on my first Lexus, an ES350 with UL package and I got a Serius radio. I'll let you know on Saturday how it works.

PETER
Old 05-17-06, 07:31 AM
tkubatz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by psp
My first post.

I just closed the deal on my first Lexus, an ES350 with UL package and I got a Serius radio. I'll let you know on Saturday how it works.

PETER

If you can also post a picure or descibe the placement of the antena. Is the dealer installing the unit or is it being installed at the port or by an outside company?
Old 05-18-06, 07:11 PM
psp
Pole Position

Hey tkb...

It will be dealer installed. Considering where they installed the antenna on my wife's Quest (against the windshield behind the rear view mirror) I am very interested where they will put it. My first impression of the 350 is that the windshield is kind of small anyway. I hope it is something small. I get a picture up on Saturday or Sunday. Wish me luck.
Old 05-19-06, 12:20 PM
psp
Pole Position

I just found out that my ES will:
a. Not be available until Monday as the back-up sensors are not is stock locally
b. Not come with the Sirius radio at this point as it is not yet available even though it is paid for.
c. Who knows what else.

Also, the salesman says he has never heard about any problem with a transmission on an ES. Automobile sales is such a noble profession!
Old 05-19-06, 12:54 PM
tnfan
Rookie

Just had XM installed on Tuesday of this week. Told them I did not want to antenna located on the exterior. They placed it inside on the rear deck next to the center brake light. Very unobtrusive and reception has not been a problem. Very pleased with the installation.

Just ordered the Proton park assist. Should have it installed next week. Hopefully that is it unless I can find a way to upgrade to rain sensing wipers.
Old 05-22-06, 08:30 PM
psp
Pole Position

Hi,

My es350 was delivered this evening. They put the Sirius antenna on the trunk lid, centered on the inner edge, just below the third brake light. Kind of a simpleton installation but I don't see it while driving and it places it straight up which is best for the signal. I really haven't driven it enought to judge the sound quality.

Peter

PS What a complicated car!!!
Old 05-24-06, 02:20 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

looking for a better rear shot of the spoiler but here is an angled shot of it. Looks like a must have!
Old 05-24-06, 03:55 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The picture of that spoiler looks like it's not installed on an ES350.....Am I correct??
Old 05-24-06, 10:13 PM
cyke
Driver School Candidate

That's the spoiler. I had it installed today. I will post pics when i have time.
Old 05-25-06, 02:56 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you give me somemore information about that spoiler such as manufacturer, where to buy it, prepainted, LED brakelight, price, etc? Thanx
Old 05-25-06, 10:12 PM
cyke
Driver School Candidate

All I know is that it is OEM since I bought it from the Lexus dealer. It is prepainted to match that of the car. No LED brakelight though. It gives this car a more sporty look. I was not able to negotiate price so I know I paid a lot... $600 installed. NADA guide shows it retails for $299 with an invoice of $199.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Sirius or rear spoiler?