ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Shakedown Cruise For My Es350, Pictures, and my take on this fabulous Automobile

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-06, 11:02 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shakedown Cruise For My Es350, Pictures, and my take on this fabulous Automobile

So far after about 200 miles of driving thru New York City traffic, New York City Thruway, I cannot fault the operation of this car in ANY respect!
The transmission shifted perfectly in either the "Drive mode" or the "Sequential mode". NO hesitation.......perfect shifting speeds.......no lagging........and most of all, extremely smooth shifts.
This proved to me that the problems with past ES's that were plagued with these problems was not because of the electronic throttle linkage, but because of something seriously wrong with the design in the transmissions.
I didn't have to learn how to overcome any of these shifting problems by driving the car a certain way.......IT JUST WORKED!!!
The acceleration is phenomenal.
The car is quieter then my '03ES, and the newly designed engine is as smooth as any car I've heard. BTW: This engine uses a timing chain instead of a belt.
My car came equipped with Michelin tires, but I don't know whether they'll put them on all the ES's that are not equipped with the UL option package. The tires are extremely quiet running at all speeds.
The new Mark Levinson radio...with surround sound is truly one of the best sounding car audio systems that I've ever heard, plus you can plug in an ipod player or integrate a satellite radio.
I don't have a bluetooth cell phone yet, so I can't comment about using this type of hookup.
All the other options work exactly as advertised.....great!
If I sound like I'm tickled pink...I sure am.

Last edited by amf1932; 05-13-06 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-13-06, 11:09 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks great. Amber Pearl is a nice color.
Old 05-13-06, 11:21 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do like the color, but i wouldnt buy it, im more of a black car person, looks sleeker in my opinion, but that color is beautiful, hell lets be real, that car is beautiful. how fast is it?
Old 05-13-06, 11:26 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AJL0365
i do like the color, but i wouldnt buy it, im more of a black car person, looks sleeker in my opinion, but that color is beautiful, hell lets be real, that car is beautiful. how fast is it?
Geez.....The car has only 200 miles so I've been sorta taking it easy on the speed tests........but I can tell you, as of now, the car is very quick. They say it'll do 0-60 in 6.8 seconds, and I believe it can.
Old 05-14-06, 12:11 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Very nice, congrats
Old 05-14-06, 03:04 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amf1932,
Are those the all weather mats in your car? I have the cashmere interior too but just have the carpeted mats which is the same light color and they are already getting all scuffed up. I am wanting to switch to the all weather mats. I think the black looks nice. Did the car come with them? I'm sure I can purchase them separately though.

Last edited by cleblanc; 05-14-06 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-14-06, 03:16 AM
CyclopStan
Rookie

We bought clear 1's today, if they work out I'll take pic's.
Old 05-14-06, 03:27 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CyclopStan
We bought clear 1's today, if they work out I'll take pic's.
What are Clear 1's?
Old 05-14-06, 05:50 AM
CarsFreak
Driver School Candidate

Haha, what a perfect place to take pics (referring to the Woodbury parking lot shot). My wife loves going there to shop.

Anyways, very nice ES you got there.
Old 05-14-06, 06:31 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CarsFreak
Haha, what a perfect place to take pics (referring to the Woodbury parking lot shot). My wife loves going there to shop.
Anyways, very nice ES you got there.
Ahha.......You found me out......you have a keen eye. That's exactly what my wife was doing......shopping, while I was snapping some pictures. You see, I haven't got anymore money for clothes after this big purchase. heehee
Old 05-14-06, 06:35 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cleblanc
Amf1932,
Are those the all weather mats in your car? I have the cashmere interior too but just have the carpeted mats which is the same light color and they are already getting all scuffed up. I am wanting to switch to the all weather mats. I think the black looks nice. Did the car come with them? I'm sure I can purchase them separately though.
The "All Weather Mats" were part of my option package, so I now have both types of mats, AWM's and Carpeted Mats. I originally was going to remove the AWM's but as you mentioned, the light color carpeting can get dirty very quickly.....so I'm going to keep them in. BTW: The AWM's have a nice Lexus logo in the corner, so they don't look like aftermarket mats and they're cut perfectly to fit the ES350's.
Old 05-14-06, 09:38 AM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What a really nice looking car. I live in LA but go to NY monthly. I wish I could have my ES 350 in NY & NJ while I am there.

I'm going to have my first road test when I drive out to Palm Springs for Memorial Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, especially lowering the windows before I get in the car.
Old 05-14-06, 11:29 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jeffofla
What a really nice looking car. I live in LA but go to NY monthly. I wish I could have my ES 350 in NY & NJ while I am there.

I'm going to have my first road test when I drive out to Palm Springs for Memorial Day weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, especially lowering the windows before I get in the car.
I feel the same way, but in reverse..........I'm always traveling between Santa Monica and Palm Springs, and I wish I could have my car there also. Enjoy your drive on Interstate Route 10.
Old 05-14-06, 01:30 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

It rains alot here and I asked my salesman how he keeps his clean and he said he went to Walmart and found a set of clear protective car mats that you cut to fit and that look good if you keep them clean, which is easier than keeping the carpet clean. We were going to put them in this morning, put its pouring out...
Old 05-14-06, 05:06 PM
dshahs420
Pole Position

I love the rims that come with the UL package, makes the car stand out more than the other packages, one of the reason i would opt to go for the UL package even though I am not a big fan of the glass roof. The car looks sharp!!!! It ironic that you have a brand new car and on the background it says "park at your own risk". I just found that to be funny.

Quick Reply: Shakedown Cruise For My Es350, Pictures, and my take on this fabulous Automobile