ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

what did you pay for your ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-06, 11:19 PM
methomas79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only paid exactly with tax and license 42,540 for mine that is invoice plus 2k then tax adn license and that is FULLLLLLY Loaded the UL with spoiler and XM
Old 06-16-06, 11:24 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

i was wondering is the park assist standard on the ES350? because I noticed when you try to build one on Lexus.com for Southern California and you click the fully loaded option...it doesn't seem to say anything about park assist...is it even available for South kali?
Old 06-17-06, 03:49 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Park Assist is not a standard feature.......it is an option that is available in California and all other States as well, including Canada. The "build your car" feature is not an accurate representation of what is available in your area. Example: I live in the New York City area and when I tried to build an ES350 Ultra Luxury model there was no option at all for Ultra Luxury, yet that's the model I bought from my local dealer.
Old 06-17-06, 04:52 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by methomas79
I only paid exactly with tax and license 42,540 for mine that is invoice plus 2k then tax adn license and that is FULLLLLLY Loaded the UL with spoiler and XM
Me too. UL, but with Sirius and back up sensors instead of XM and spoiler. That was the deal I got using the Costco vehicle purchase program.
Old 06-17-06, 07:15 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by methomas79
Did you get the radar cruise control on your fully loaded car? I was told by Lexus that there were very few cars delivered so far with this option.
Old 06-17-06, 08:37 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't but I wanted it.

I also was not able to get the full on parking assist package from Lexus settling instead for the back up sensors. The combination of the camera, backup sensors and power mirrors make a formidable parallel parking system as a group.
Old 06-24-06, 07:21 AM
hperel
Driver School Candidate

I read all these responces now I feel ripped off. I just put my order in foe ES 350 with Premium plus with Navigation, MRSP was 40,995. I got it for 39,995 and they are giving me Sirius Radio, gold package and medium window tinting. Did I do real bad?
Old 06-25-06, 12:12 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hperel
I read all these responces now I feel ripped off. I just put my order in foe ES 350 with Premium plus with Navigation, MRSP was 40,995. I got it for 39,995 and they are giving me Sirius Radio, gold package and medium window tinting. Did I do real bad?
You should not feel ripped off. Most of these responses come from West Coast owners. If you look at the amount of Lexus dealerships over there, its probably 10:1 comparing to us on East Coast. Here in Central Jersey you have one dealership in over 100 mile radius. So, you don't have much of a competition to drive the price down. Also, again here in Jersey area, they only get 3 trims - Premium w/ and w/o Nav and UL. Nobody even heard of spoilers, etc. So, all this contributes to a different price, plus if you are returning customer it will play in your favor as well, or if you are leasing - they love it even better... Anyway, I don't know your situation down at Florida, but here in Jersey its what I have described above. In my case, I just purchased my Moon Shell Mica without Nav and with black leather interior yesterday (should be arriving in 2 weeks), and I got about $2k off MSRP. I think that was pretty good considering there is no other Lexus dealer around and cars are flying off this dealer lot...

This is a good thread to give you an idea, but its not really an apple-to-apple comparison
Old 06-25-06, 01:35 PM
gpension
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased an ES with Premium package + a bunch of options - basically, Premium Plus minus Rain sensing wipers and cushion extender, but plus Rear Airbags and Parking Assist.

I paid about $2,000 less than MSRP.

This is my first Lexus, and I absolutely loved the drive and interior finish of the car. However, the option packages and choices, which apparently vary by state or region, are insane. It took me a while to figure out what I bought vs. what I thought I was going to get before I walked into the dealer.
Old 06-25-06, 01:55 PM
hperel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twister
You should not feel ripped off. Most of these responses come from West Coast owners. If you look at the amount of Lexus dealerships over there, its probably 10:1 comparing to us on East Coast. Here in Central Jersey you have one dealership in over 100 mile radius. So, you don't have much of a competition to drive the price down. Also, again here in Jersey area, they only get 3 trims - Premium w/ and w/o Nav and UL. Nobody even heard of spoilers, etc. So, all this contributes to a different price, plus if you are returning customer it will play in your favor as well, or if you are leasing - they love it even better... Anyway, I don't know your situation down at Florida, but here in Jersey its what I have described above. In my case, I just purchased my Moon Shell Mica without Nav and with black leather interior yesterday (should be arriving in 2 weeks), and I got about $2k off MSRP. I think that was pretty good considering there is no other Lexus dealer around and cars are flying off this dealer lot...

This is a good thread to give you an idea, but its not really an apple-to-apple comparison

Thanks!!! Enjoy your car I know you will!
Old 06-25-06, 02:14 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

"However, the option packages and choices, which apparently vary by state or region, are insane. It took me a while to figure out what I bought vs. what I thought I was going to get before I walked into the dealer. "

Actually the packages are a little more simple than it 1st appears & while I don't like the way they do it & would've configured my car differently if we had the complete freedom to do so, I do understand why. 1st there really isn't the base model car available on the lots, thus the real base model is what they call the premium package. By region they offer little add-ons to this 'base' package like wheel locks, full-size spare, the rear airbags & the steering wheel (which is the package I got.) The 2nd level is the 'premium plus' which adds the next package on top of the previous package. As does the ultra lux package on top of the previous 2. And like the 1st package, by region they have add-ons available for a few hundred more. Thus they only have to build 3 packages of cars, greatly increasing efficiency, reducing variations & defects, thus keeping costs down. This is why they are able to offer the 350 at basicly the same price as the 330 w/ all its improvements.
Old 07-10-06, 03:31 AM
ZaKapitan
Driver School Candidate

I bought mine in CA for 38,600 before taxes... $300 over invoice for ultra luxury package with mark levinson... I got lucky!
Old 07-10-06, 04:33 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ZaKapitan
I bought mine in CA for 38,600 before taxes... $300 over invoice for ultra luxury package with mark levinson... I got lucky!
$38,600 for UL???!!!

I gotta tell you, that's really hard to believe. You are saying they took off almost $6,000 (MSRP $44,300)?

I'm not buying it. I think you're talking about the PP package.

Simply not even close to possible.
Old 07-10-06, 08:01 AM
jegoodman
Driver School Candidate

ZaKapitan... I'm in California also. Would you be so kind as to tell me what dealer you bought from?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-06, 09:48 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
$38,600 for UL???!!!

I gotta tell you, that's really hard to believe. You are saying they took off almost $6,000 (MSRP $44,300)?

I'm not buying it. I think you're talking about the PP package.

Simply not even close to possible.
Hmm, sounds fishy Invoice is usually $4k down from MSRP. $300 over invoice would be in mid $40k. Maybe he had additional discount or other way of "getting lucky"?

Quick Reply: what did you pay for your ES 350