ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 03:39 PM
Celibon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got mine today

2007 ES350
Blue Onyx/Cashmere
Ultra Luxury Package
Navigation with Bluetooth
Panorama Roof

The lower supply in Canada meant little room for bargain, but I managed to get $1,400 off MSRP and free tint, free paint & leather protection, and some other small stuff. That's not too bad considering the other dealership wouldn't give me any more than $1,000 discount. People in California should consider themselvers lucky for the huge discounts they can get.
Old 07-25-06, 06:41 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Wow. Congrats on your new ES350. Welcome to CL. Post some pics if you can as well. Heh.. Oops.. Didn't notice you had post pics
Old 07-26-06, 09:11 PM
ckon
Rookie

We picked up our ES350 SGM w/black interior on July 5 and we LOVE it!

We've been driving Toyotas since 1982 and could not be happier, so when it was time for a new car we looked at Camry, Avalon and the ES350 a number of times each. Needless to say we ended up with the ES350.

We've driven it about 1200 miles and it's a May build, so we're not out of the woods yet with transmission problems, etc., but so far all has been great except for the well documented VR problems. To take care of those, we have a new head unit ordered for the GPS per Lexus's recommendation.

Included options are:
PP Package
Rear Airbags
HI Headlamps w/AFS
NAV
Intuitive Parking Assist
Wood and Leather Wheel
Preferred Accessory Package
Spoiler

It's hard to capture the real beauty of these cars with a camera. This is the best I've been able to do so far, but it looks MUCH better in the "flesh"!

Last edited by ckon; 07-27-06 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-27-06, 12:21 AM
SWL
9th Gear

Your car looks great with the body side mouldings. Do you mind telling me how much they cost--installed?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 07-27-06, 04:39 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SWL
Your car looks great with the body side mouldings. Do you mind telling me how much they cost--installed?

Thanks,

Scott
Where do you see body side moulding in the above pictures?
Old 07-27-06, 06:07 AM
stonecoldl
Driver School Candidate

Well, I just joined this forum, and it is great! Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful information!

I just picked up my UL Blue Onyx ES 350, with Cashmere interior yesterday (7/26) and I LOVE IT! I was difficult to find pics of the Blue Onyx, so I will post pictures later. I got every option on the car except for the radar cruise control. I am haivng a blast figuring out everything the car can do.

I do plan on trying to find a way to get Sirius satellite radio to work through my nav system, and I found a forum on here that gave me some great info on the topic, so thanks.

Stonecoldl (Was supposed to be StoneColdLexus, but it goit cut short)
Old 07-27-06, 06:19 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

I'll say it again, our car looks beautiful in SGM!

I will be picking up my Tungsten on Saturday, pics to follow.
Old 07-27-06, 06:34 AM
Celibon
Driver

Originally Posted by ckon
It's hard to capture the real beauty of these cars with a camera. This is the best I've been able to do so far, but it looks MUCH better in the "flesh"!
Congratulations, The pics are amazing! I know what you mean about the car looking even better in the flesh
Old 07-27-06, 06:38 AM
Celibon
Driver

Originally Posted by stonecoldl
Well, I just joined this forum, and it is great! Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful information!

I just picked up my UL Blue Onyx ES 350, with Cashmere interior yesterday (7/26) and I LOVE IT! I was difficult to find pics of the Blue Onyx, so I will post pictures later. I got every option on the car except for the radar cruise control. I am haivng a blast figuring out everything the car can do.

I do plan on trying to find a way to get Sirius satellite radio to work through my nav system, and I found a forum on here that gave me some great info on the topic, so thanks.

Stonecoldl (Was supposed to be StoneColdLexus, but it goit cut short)
Congratulations and welcome. We have exactly the same exterior and interior choices
I wish the Canadian UL package would include the parking assist though, and we're missing the headlamp washer, too.
Old 07-28-06, 07:57 AM
tnfan
Rookie

Congrtulations! Beautiful automobile!
Old 07-31-06, 06:11 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Took delivery 7/29/2006

2007 Tungsten Pearl/Gray interior
PP: Bluetooth, vent seats
No NAV

Pics coming soon
Old 07-31-06, 06:32 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

Congrats, PaJaHa1. I guess you can't sleep well the day before.
Old 07-31-06, 06:53 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ckon
We picked up our ES350 SGM w/black interior on July 5 and we LOVE it!

We've been driving Toyotas since 1982 and could not be happier, so when it was time for a new car we looked at Camry, Avalon and the ES350 a number of times each. Needless to say we ended up with the ES350.

We've driven it about 1200 miles and it's a May build, so we're not out of the woods yet with transmission problems, etc., but so far all has been great except for the well documented VR problems. To take care of those, we have a new head unit ordered for the GPS per Lexus's recommendation.

Included options are:
PP Package
Rear Airbags
HI Headlamps w/AFS
NAV
Intuitive Parking Assist
Wood and Leather Wheel
Preferred Accessory Package
Spoiler

I like the first picture. It makes the ES look sporty.
Old 07-31-06, 08:18 PM
marcinNH
Driver School Candidate

Default 6/06 build date white w/cashmere

Took delivery today. ES350 has everything except ML, panoramic roof, semi-analine leather, and adaptive cruise...

Told them I knew about the tranny trouble before I bought and declined to purchase anything but a 6/06 build. Everyone is very tight-lipped about the tranny issue and the dealer did not want to discuss until he recognized my level of knowledge about the problem (thank you clublexus!). He did come clean eventually to the extent that I needed, though, once I explained the depth of my understanding of the problem and told him I would not feel comfortable buying if I felt I was having information kept from me. I came to believe that Lexus does not *necessarily* know what the precise problem is, frankly... We'll see.

One thing in particular that's bugging me already (despite the top-notch package of the vehicle on the whole) is the way that I can't seem to go back and forth between loaded CDs without losing the place on the previous one. I like to swap back and forth between an audio book disc and music discs. The audio disc chapters are very long and it takes an inordinate amount of time to navigate from the beginning of the disc back to the thirty-somethingth track and then 30 minutes deep into the track itself... I wish Lexus had gone with some type of memory system that stored off the current location of a disc that was being swapped out for another loaded disc so it could be recued at that spot when it was cycled back to again...

Is anyone else looking for an enable/disable NAV audio button like me, too??? Wish they'd sacrificed about 50% of the novelty features in the NAV system for that simple button right on the faceplate. The technology is truly excellent, but I can't believe I'll use a fraction of it as there's more trouble than it seems to be worth in many respects. Granted it's still early for me, but I'm amazed at the scope of features. More importantly, it really does look like there are some user interface sacrifices that have been made for the sake of all the additional [not-necessarily-real-useful in my view] features...

I love the basic features of the NAV, but really wish they had spent more time on hardening the voice command recognition system for robustness and concentrated more overall on ease of user operation instead of so many convoluted bells and whistles.

Don't get me wrong, as I love the car!

Errrrrr.... Did I mention I also wish I had a traditional key with standard keyless entry too....

Ok, ok, I admit it... Even with the prospect of failed tranny coming (fingers crossed though on the 6/06 build), there is not another automobile manufacturer in the word, literally, that I would have considered buying from with such a problem lurking on the horizon...

Nicest car I ever drove... Now if I can just figure out the friggin' FOB thing and the NAV novelties I'll be golden. I swear I've had less trouble learning a new assembly instruction set while building communication switches...

LOL
Marc
Old 08-01-06, 02:54 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by marcinNH
Told them I knew about the tranny trouble before I bought and declined to purchase anything but a 6/06 build.
Congrats on your new ES350!

I dont think you had a choice to get anything earlier than an 06/06, since it was end of july already, so that shouldn't be an issue. As far as I know, no 05/06 builds have the tranny problems. Only a small fraction of the 03/06 and 04/06 builds have that problem, and as you can see, many of our members have cars from those build dates and are just fine.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE