ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-06, 09:03 AM
ncblue
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked up mine on 6-10-06
White with premium plus and Nav ( Non ML)
Old 05-14-06, 05:04 PM
robertgmar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am kind of embarrassed to admit it but my wife and I took the plunge yesterday and bought 2 cars in one day. My Wife got a White 2006 RX330 and I got the Black-on-Black Premium Luxury ES350 (traded in my 2004 ES330). My only complaint is that I got to drive the car home yesterday and today had to fly to a conference for 3 days. So I am surfing this fabulous website about the car I can’t drive.

I absolutely love the car and the features. I loved my ES330, but Lexus has taken the ES 350 to a new level. The styling, performance and Technology is fabulous. I can’t wait to get back home to drive it.

PS. I am thoroughly enjoying the ClubLexus Website.
Old 05-14-06, 06:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by robertgmar
I am kind of embarrassed to admit it but my wife and I took the plunge yesterday and bought 2 cars in one day. My Wife got a White 2006 RX330 and I got the Black-on-Black Premium Luxury ES350 (traded in my 2004 ES330). My only complaint is that I got to drive the car home yesterday and today had to fly to a conference for 3 days. So I am surfing this fabulous website about the car I can’t drive.

I absolutely love the car and the features. I loved my ES330, but Lexus has taken the ES 350 to a new level. The styling, performance and Technology is fabulous. I can’t wait to get back home to drive it.

PS. I am thoroughly enjoying the ClubLexus Website.
Welcome to Clublexus. I think your story might be a first!
Old 05-21-06, 03:32 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, mine showed up on Wednesday. I had my salesman follow me to the house of the woman who bought my car. Pulled the tags and back to the dealership. The first day I didn't even turn on the radio because I was blown away by the quietness of the car.

I have only been able to put 80 miles on her. I didn't even have the chance to drive her this weekend other than over to the beach to get a pic, which I can't post because of the rediculously small limit on file size. The smokey granite mica is gorgeous! I guess my favorite so far is the smart key. It's so nice being able to just touch the door handle to enter and lock the car. I haven't had time to read the 1 inch thick manual, but the quick guide they provided is handy. I like the computer read out for instant and average mpg.

Bottom line is....MSRP on this car is only $2K more than my 98 ES300. BUT it's so much more car! I'm actually looking forward to driving to work tomorrow!
Old 05-21-06, 05:22 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

To post pic's you can go to picturetrail.com, its ez to open an acct., then give us the link.
Old 05-22-06, 10:07 PM
cyke
Driver School Candidate

Smile 1st Time Lexus Owner

Bought my first Lexus last May 20. Selected ES350 over IS350 after seeing and test driving one that day. I do not need ML & Nav and can not get IS350 with Luxury package only and ES350 is more spacious.

Crystal White/Light Gray Interior

Premium plus package
Preferred accessory package
Bluetooth audio
17" summer tires
Full size spare tire
HID headlamps with AFS
Power rear sunshade

Traded-in 2004 Acura TL due to many problems... my patience had ran out. Rattles, rattles everywhere... recent problem with doorlock not opening, replaced actuator and started to do it again... build quality is poor, rear bumper starting to have big gaps to the body, etc. Missed sportiness of TL but luxury, comfort, and quietness of ES350 more than makes up for it.
Old 05-23-06, 04:09 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Traded in my 2003 ES with only 16K miles for a 2007 ES350 UL edition on May 4th..
Main reason for the trade......I hated the '03s transmission right from the day I drove it out of my Lexus dealers showroom, and for the 3 years of ownership, and many returns to have the upgrades done to the transmission I decided I had enough. I started to post about this probem on this forum and others in the Spring of 2003 and realized that I was one of the many who were very unhappy because of this.
I'm happy to say that the transmission in the 2007 ES350 took away ALL my unhappiness.

Last edited by amf1932; 07-05-06 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-23-06, 09:54 AM
richbutler
Rookie

Tungsten Pearl with Grey Interior. It has Ultra Luxury w/ Nav, ML sound, spoiler, and Sirius radio.

Pics to come. Traded out my 98 Honda Accord ex-v6.
Old 05-23-06, 05:34 PM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ingram4868
My wife bought a new ES350 yesterday but we have to wait a couple of weeks for the dealer to locate the color and package combination she wanted then have the car shipped to Reno, NV. She ordered Tungsten Pearl with Light Gray interior.

We really wanted to buy an ES Lexus last year but of all things, the cup holders were terrible. Because we always have bottled water or a Starbucks with us that became an issue. The new ES fixed that problem and added a lot more features. She traded in her 2005 Ford 500 that seemed to always have little issues to fix.

I own a 2005 Avalon Limited with NAV and it is amazing how similiar the new ES is to my Avalon.

David
We picked up the wife's car yesterday. She had the full 3M clear bra installed before taking delivery. Great looking car even though I haven't driven it yet. I did try to set the HomeLink and it would appear the gismo in the car is defective. The owners book for the NAVI system is huge, combined with the regular owners manual, quick guides, warranty and lemon law books, interactive CD's, well Lexus is going to have to design a new storage bin to hold this 5 pound packaget.

Talk with ya'll soon
David
Old 05-24-06, 01:58 PM
NJLEXES
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Smile

Currently have 02 ES300 with about 37000 miles on it. Got into a slight front end accident (needed new pass side corner panel, headlight, bumper, hood had slight bend at end which was repaired) about month ago. Got it back and body shop did terrific job, but just buggin' me. Additionally, never liked the trans issue which has been complained about plenty. Test drove an 07 Es350 and boy what a difference!!!!! Few days later , I took the plunge !
Ordered an ES which should be into the dealer towards end of June.

Tungsten Pearl with Grey Leather
Premium Package
Heated/Vent Seats
Rear Seat Side Airbags
HID Lights
Park Assist
Bluetooth
Wood wheel
Full Size Spare
SIRIUS
Accesory package (Cargo net, trunk mat, Wheel locks)

Been visiting this site for quite awhile.... Lots of Great info !!
Old 05-24-06, 03:03 PM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NJLEXES
Currently have 02 ES300 with about 37000 miles on it. Got into a slight front end accident (needed new pass side corner panel, headlight, bumper, hood had slight bend at end which was repaired) about month ago. Got it back and body shop did terrific job, but just buggin' me. Additionally, never liked the trans issue which has been complained about plenty. Test drove an 07 Es350 and boy what a difference!!!!! Few days later , I took the plunge !
Ordered an ES which should be into the dealer towards end of June.

Tungsten Pearl with Grey Leather
Premium Package
Heated/Vent Seats
Rear Seat Side Airbags
HID Lights
Park Assist
Bluetooth
Wood wheel
Full Size Spare
SIRIUS
Accesory package (Cargo net, trunk mat, Wheel locks)

Been visiting this site for quite awhile.... Lots of Great info !!
You have an wonderful taste in color
Old 05-25-06, 02:54 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black/Black UL (5/22/06)

Sirius
Back-up sensors
7yr/100K
4 yrs service

Picture to follow.

UTD 1997 Maxima GLE (Black), b/4 that 79 Mercedes 6.9 (Black), b/4 that 73 Mercedes 280 (Black). Am I in a rut?

Last edited by psp; 05-25-06 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-25-06, 04:53 PM
thj
Driver School Candidate

Default Black exterior

I can't decide between the black and the smoky granite mica. Is the black a flat black, or does it have some sparkle to it?
Old 05-25-06, 05:38 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The black is a plain shiny black with no metallic.
Old 05-27-06, 10:19 AM
salsa_knig
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default a picture says a thousand words...

...mine says "i'm in love" a thousand times over

07 ES 350, cashmere interior, Ultra Luxury package

just got windows tinted (no metal for GPS), invisible shield in front and detailing from heaven. My buddy used a product that gives it a "wet" look all the time. All I need is SIRIUS and I am done. No rims as of yet. I'm waiting.

Name:  DSC01226.jpg
Views: 3930
Size:  38.6 KB
Name:  DSC01227Medium.jpg
Views: 3908
Size:  72.4 KB

I love the way the rear windshield blends with the glass roof!

Last edited by salsa_knig; 05-27-06 at 10:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by salsa_knig:
RadiantX45 (09-04-21), ZaddyZmac (12-20-21)

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE