Old 06-17-06, 08:13 AM
Bash4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My personal favorites

Ruby with Cashmere
Blue Onyx with Cashmere and
Black
I've seen Ruby, Blue Onyx, Smokey Granite, and Tungstin all in person. The Ruby kept calling my eye over and over. Blue Onyx is very shard as well. It's almost black.
Old 06-17-06, 08:31 AM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What do you guys think of the Aquamarine? (You have to have seen it in person to comment because it is a totally different color than in the brochure and on the website.) I am thinking about getting it but the dealers are telling me that Lexus is not shipping any Aquamarine in this next allocation coming in next week. Why are they holding back on this color?

I may have to settle for my second choice which is Crystal White. Still haven't seen the Ruby Red or Smokey Granite in person.
Old 06-17-06, 12:11 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I realised you guys have a light blue colour. We only have Blue Onyx Metallic
Old 06-17-06, 09:06 PM
CaBlonde
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What was I thinking?

Aquamarine is out. I went to the dealership today to take another look at the Aquamarine. I just can't do it. I love the color but not on that car. A black pulled up beside it and what a difference. Total class.

I am worried about keeping black clean though. For those of you with black cars, how often do you have to wash them to keep them looking showroom clean? Once.... twice a week? Do those big duster things work in between washings?

Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 06-17-06, 10:43 PM
Lyn06
Driver School Candidate

I love my black car. I have it washed every Friday and every morning I dust it with the California duster. This is my second black car. I thought about the Smokey Granite, but black just looks so classy.
Old 06-18-06, 12:23 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

hmm.. saw a Moon Shell Mica ES drive by today. It's partially sunny (if it matters since colours nowadays look different under sunny and cloudy conditions).

Yes, the pink is noticeable but it's a soft pink hue. It's almost like an alternative to beige (given that Golden Almond is quite light)
Old 06-23-06, 08:25 AM
andejes
Driver School Candidate

Smile I have seen the moonshell mica

Originally Posted by thegoodlif
What makes you say Aquamarine is a special order for the east coast? I haven't seen anything like this anywhere?
Hey, anyone seen a picture of the Moon Shell Mica? This darn tiny color swatch looks like a slightly lighter silver than Tungsten, but does it have brown in it?
thx

It looks very feminine. It looks like a custom paint job with a lavender/pale pink hue and silver.
Old 06-25-06, 04:05 PM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Not a fan of Moonshell, it's too purple. I love black, but am coming from 6 years of black on black cars. I'm going with Tungsten- it's classy and clean-looking. Plus I wanted gray interior.
Old 06-25-06, 04:23 PM
thegoodlif
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Love the Aquamarine

I need to speak up for aquamarine - I just love my aquamarine - it is a vibrant yet classy color, and shines in the sun beautifully! The gray interior is great, too.
It definitely makes a statement, but that happens to be the statement that matches with me.
Don't discount it until you see it!
Adding a picture so you can see, too.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions on colors-mycar-2.jpg  
Old 06-25-06, 06:00 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

WOW...it looks great!! Its a very nice color. And those chromed OEM wheels add a nice touch.
Old 06-25-06, 06:46 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andejes
It looks very feminine. It looks like a custom paint job with a lavender/pale pink hue and silver.
Feminine?!? Watch it buddy!!! I just placed an order for Moon Shell I'm myself coming from a black colored car, while my wife has a silver one. I looked at all the basic colors for ES350, black, white, blue (onyx pearl), ruby/red, silver (tungsten pearl) - those are just basic colors. Golden Almond Metallic is driven by every blue-haired 70+ old lady (ES300) in Jersey. I wanted my new car to stand out with a color that no other brand has. I thought, Amber Pearl and Moon Shell Mica are UNIQUE!!! Decided on Moon Shell Mica when I seen it under the sunlight. Its very different, almost like something between Tungsten Pearl and Golden Almond Metallic. And, the colors does look different under a different lighting. Kind of reminds me of some of the Mercedes colors, maybe? And, because of this color, I will have to wait 2 week until they gonna get it. Interestingly, my dealership told me that Glacier Frost Mica (another very unique color) is the most popular choice for IS350...

TW

..... edit.....

I'm actually re-thinking MSM color LOL!!! It is unique, but I'm keep thinking that for some reason I noticed it had a hint of pink?!? That is just not acceptable So, will have to go back to my dealership tomorrow and choose another color. Don't want to go with dark colors, but not too many choices for a ligher color either....

..... edit^2.....

Tungsten Pearl it is!!!!!!!!

Last edited by twister; 06-25-06 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-25-06, 07:52 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey twister

Once you have black...

Old 06-25-06, 08:22 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Indeed, black looks great!!!! But, you don't have these nasty winters on West Coast as we get here on East Coast. The mix of snow and salt and mud on the Jersey road - forget about it LOL!!! Even with free complimentary Lexus car washes, I will not be able to keep up with it. In my case, I live in townhouse and no garage, so more sources to pick up dirt. My current black Nissan Altima SE hasn't been "black" for a very long time. I think Silver with Black interior and windows tint will look cool too!!!
Old 06-25-06, 09:52 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

A pity we don't get AquaMarine up here.
Old 06-26-06, 07:29 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoodlif
I need to speak up for aquamarine - I just love my aquamarine - it is a vibrant yet classy color, and shines in the sun beautifully! . . .
That Aquamarine looks really nice, I have yet to see one in person, but I have seen the ES350 in most other colors already, so far the Ruby Red is my favourite.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on colors