ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Opinions on colors

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-06, 08:24 PM
ariana8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to look at some more colors and the ultraluxury package today.

But I must have odd tastes - from pictures in this forum my first two choices were aquamarine and amber pearl. With the red number 3 but sitting in the lot the red didn't impress us.

Naturally there is no Aquamarine to actually look at closer than Little Falls or Atlantic City <sigh> nor are there any amber pearls in the area (spouse doesn't like brown cars so that would have been a hard sell anyway - aquamarine might have worked).

And for once I was actually given the chance to pick the color - subject to veto from the ruler of the family. What a waste of a once in decades opportunity.

At least we both agreed on the ultraluxury package - too many things we didn't need, no upgrade to the seats or steering wheel and the roof moving at odd angles - no thanks!
Old 05-09-06, 12:38 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

I have a deposit on a ruby/cashmere and was debating back & forth on the grey int. as I was thinking it goes better w/ the grey dash, but in the pics the ruby/cashmere are so stunning. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has seen both combinations and if not what you all think of the interior combo's. (My dealer still only has 1, an almond which I found to be kinda bland, & they only have 6 more coming in their 1st shipment.)
Also my salesman saw the moonshell mica and said it defineately is flecked w/ alot of 'coral' thus giving the pink/purple undertone.)
Old 05-31-06, 01:19 PM
yelorz
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=Macklin]
Originally Posted by magneto112
I am assuming that this is the gold. What you think??QUOTE]

Oh man, now I'm torn. My dealer has a Moon Shell Mica coming in with the options I want. Was considering putting a deposit on it. It has grey leather. The Gold one coming in has cashmere. The little tiny MSM color chip included in the brochure looks like it will be really unique and potentially fabulous color. I want a lighter color too. But it's a really tiny color chip!

Help! Somebody post some pics of the this car in MSM. Or should I just go ahead and put a refundable deposit on it?
I thought I wanted the Moon Shell Mica before I actually saw one in person. If you like silver, then you'll probably like it. It's like a silver with a hint of lilac and the color changes depending on the light. It was second color choice because I wanted a light color, but I went with the Crystal White. So you really need to see the Moon Shell Mica in person before deciding.
Old 06-01-06, 05:25 AM
thegoodlif
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Had to add this note: my tungsten silver car ended up with a transmission problem at 500 miles, and they bought the car back - let me pick out another new one. First - this was awesome, hats off to Lexus!
Second....when I went to the dealer, there was a Aquamarine on the showroom floor - wow! It was love! :-)
Yes, I now am the proud owner of the brightest blue car with grey interior - awesome! Much more sporty looking than the Tungsten silver.
My advise on all this color stuff is that you need to see the car. The car is so awesome looking, that you may fall in love with a different color than you think.
Personally, I don't care for the gold color or the black interior. Since the dash is already black, the black interior makes the inside all black - too much for me.
But, in any color, I love the car!
Old 06-02-06, 04:02 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that is a really old post above! I was not happy with the MSM due to the coral tint. (I like that politically correct description ) I now have the SGM with light grey interior. It's a great combination with the almost black dash. Can't wait to get it tinted!

I'm with thegoodlif....in any color I love the car!!
Old 06-02-06, 09:05 AM
yelorz
Driver School Candidate

I got the white w/gray interior and black floormats. I'm the odd ball who doesn't like the cashmere interior. Go figure! I thought the black floormats would look good with the black dash, plus keep the carpet clean.

They told me at the dealership they would tint the windows before I picked up the car. Do you know how long it takes? My co-workers are telling me like 48 hours before you can roll down your window. Is that correct? I want the darkest tint I can get and still be legal.
Old 06-02-06, 11:22 AM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yelorz
I want the darkest tint I can get and still be legal.
For what it is worth. I'll never tint another rear window that has the window defroster wires on the inside of the glass. I wanted to remove the dark tint on a car and you could not get the back film off without destroying the defrost wires. That's another reason I like the rear shade.
Old 06-02-06, 11:44 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CyclopStan
I have a deposit on a ruby/cashmere and was debating back & forth on the grey int. as I was thinking it goes better w/ the grey dash, but in the pics the ruby/cashmere are so stunning. Anyway I was wondering if anyone has seen both combinations and if not what you all think of the interior combo's. (My dealer still only has 1, an almond which I found to be kinda bland, & they only have 6 more coming in their 1st shipment.)
Also my salesman saw the moonshell mica and said it defineately is flecked w/ alot of 'coral' thus giving the pink/purple undertone.)
Test drove ruby/cashmere today in Kansas City. Beautiful car great ride. I'm not sure I like the way I sit in it though, felt uncomfortable. I am older and used to Cadillac DHS. The ride and lack of noise etc etc was great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-06, 12:37 PM
yelorz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ingram4868
For what it is worth. I'll never tint another rear window that has the window defroster wires on the inside of the glass. I wanted to remove the dark tint on a car and you could not get the back film off without destroying the defrost wires. That's another reason I like the rear shade.
I only got a 3-year lease so I doubt that I'll be removing any window tint any time soon.
Old 06-02-06, 07:16 PM
CyclopStan
Rookie

Well the people have spoken and they vote ruby. I went to the car wash today for the 1st time, as I 've been washing it myself, & when they where done drying the 4 of them came over to my window (usually just 1 for the tip) and they said they see "lots & lots of cars" & that this was the prettiest color car they had ever seen. And I have to admit that with the sun shining down on it the ruby does look like a real gem...
Old 06-02-06, 10:41 PM
CGLex07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yelorz
I got the white w/gray interior and black floormats. I'm the odd ball who doesn't like the cashmere interior. Go figure! I thought the black floormats would look good with the black dash, plus keep the carpet clean.

They told me at the dealership they would tint the windows before I picked up the car. Do you know how long it takes? My co-workers are telling me like 48 hours before you can roll down your window. Is that correct? I want the darkest tint I can get and still be legal.
yeolrz,

It takes about 4 days to cure enough to start rolling down the windows again. I would recommend waiting at least that to make sure you don't have any slipping or airbubble issues. I live in AZ and the dealer would go 30% all arround so you will want to check your state laws to find out how dark is legal - I think there was a thread that provided a link to all state laws but I can't remember were it is located.

Post pics after tint.

CG
Old 06-03-06, 05:25 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=Macklin]
Originally Posted by magneto112
I am assuming that this is the gold. What you think??QUOTE]

Oh man, now I'm torn. My dealer has a Moon Shell Mica coming in with the options I want. Was considering putting a deposit on it. It has grey leather. The Gold one coming in has cashmere. The little tiny MSM color chip included in the brochure looks like it will be really unique and potentially fabulous color. I want a lighter color too. But it's a really tiny color chip!

Help! Somebody post some pics of the this car in MSM. Or should I just go ahead and put a refundable deposit on it?
Do yourself a favor and pass on the moon shell mica. It's positively AWFUL (!!!). It looks like a combination of violet and pink. If you want to sell Mary Kay cosmetics this may be the color of choice, otherwise, look elsewhere. I, too, had originally selected this color based on the small sample included with the brochure. I saw it in person on a sunny day and both I and the three people I was with had the identical reaction...AWFUL. I called the dealer in a panic as that color had already been allocated to me and told him there was no way I could live with that. We switched the order to ruby red/black. I also saw that made up and it's just breathtaking. Should be receiving delivery in the next few days. Can't wait.

Steer clear of the MSM.

Last edited by PsychDoc; 06-03-06 at 05:36 AM.
Old 06-03-06, 06:02 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh, I did....see post #35 above.
Old 06-03-06, 06:57 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Whew!

Good move and congrats on the selection.

That was my second choice after the ruby red.
Old 06-05-06, 08:56 AM
yelorz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CGLex07
yeolrz,

It takes about 4 days to cure enough to start rolling down the windows again. I would recommend waiting at least that to make sure you don't have any slipping or airbubble issues. I live in AZ and the dealer would go 30% all arround so you will want to check your state laws to find out how dark is legal - I think there was a thread that provided a link to all state laws but I can't remember were it is located.

Post pics after tint.

CG
Thanks for the info! Will do!

Quick Reply: Opinions on colors