ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Opinions on colors

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-06, 01:37 PM
dp5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoodlif
Man, doesn't anyone have a picture of the Moon Shell Mica?
This is the color that I am leaning towards, too. If anyone has a picture, I'm anxious to see it.

I think that this is the color that I'm going to prefer but it doesn't come w/ cashmere interior and I like the cashmere interior the best. I just have to decide if there is another exterior color that I like that does come with cashmere interior or get the moon shell mica exterior w/ the light grey interior.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 04-18-06, 05:36 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moon Shell Mica?

Interesting that you can't get the Cashmere interior with Moon Shell Mica. Lexus.ca lists Black and Cashmere as the options for that color. I'm guessing this is probably wrong.....

I kind of like the Gold Almond Metallic and that also comes with Cashmere.

Last edited by wanderer99; 04-18-06 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-18-06, 07:30 PM
dp5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99

Interesting that you can't get the Cashmere interior with Moon Shell Mica. Lexus.ca lists Black and Cashmere as the options for that color. I'm guessing this is probably wrong.....

I kind of like the Gold Almond Metallic and that also comes with Cashmere.
I looked at the Lexus.ca site and noticed that it lists Cashmere as an interior choice for the Moon Shell Mica exterior. Could the color combinatins be different in Canada or do you think they just made a mistakel Two different dealers have told me that you can't get the Moon Shell Mica with Cashmere interior.

I like the Gold Almond Metallic, as well. There was a video on another site that goes over the features of the ES 350 and the car used in this video was the Gold Almond Metallic color. It looked very nice. The Gold Almond Metallic and Moon Shell Mica seem similar with one a warm color and the other a cool color.
Old 04-18-06, 09:01 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent Lexus.ca an email asking for confirmation on the interior color options for Moon Shell Mica. I'm sure they'll advise shortly if Cashmere is available here. I'll post when I get a reply.
Old 04-18-06, 10:25 PM
thegoodlif
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yo, wanderer, are you sure that picture isn't Tungsten Pearl?
On the Canadian site, the Moon Shell Mica really looks tan, but man it is a small pict.
Old 04-19-06, 04:05 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I will be seeing the MSM in person in a very few days. Put a deposit on one yesterday! And the brochure does not list cashmere as an option with this color. Mine will have light grey interior, which is my biggest concern. It does have every option I would have chosen if I were to order it. We shall see.
Old 04-19-06, 08:00 AM
cleblanc
Rookie

I like the Royal Ruby. I saw it at the car show in NY and it looked gorgeous. I like the cashmere interior but not sure I like the two tone (or 3 tone look) between the cashmere and the gray. Then you have the walnut trim giving it a 3 tone look. My personal favorite is a saddle interior. I sure wish the ES was available with that.
Old 04-19-06, 01:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

The exterior paint / leather combinations available in Canada are not necessarily the same as in the U.S.
Old 04-19-06, 07:32 PM
thegoodlif
Driver School Candidate

Just got the honkin' big brochure for the ES350, and they had a photo of the Moon Shell Mica. It has nice, big color swatches - finally! This confirms to me that it MSM a silver color, not a tan.
Both it and Tungsten Pearl do not come with Cashmere, which makes sense, since the only difference I can tell between Tungsten and MSM is that Tungsten has a slight blue-ish tint to the silver.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-27-06, 03:10 PM
cleblanc
Rookie

Has anyone seen the car in the Royal Ruby red. I am thinking this is the color I want with the cashmere interior. My dealer has one coming in soon and I am tempted to get it. He says that he has a chart of colors and there are not as many made in this color and that it is rare. He tells me this is the only one they have coming in that has the options I want - Premium Plus with navigation. I had planned to wait til September but now am thinking of ending my lease early and getting the car now. Ending the lease early will be good for me since I am about to go over on my miles and will be way over by September.
Is there any reason the red with cashmere interior would not be a good color choice and I should stick to a more neutral color. This is such a big decision.
Old 04-27-06, 03:18 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cleblanc
Is there any reason the red with cashmere interior would not be a good color choice and I should stick to a more neutral color. This is such a big decision.
I actually like this color choice. Realize however that the red for the IS is a very dark red, almost maroon/brick in color. Has no racy feeling like the Matador Red of the IS or GS.

It's best to look for a car of that color. You'll be suprised on how "conservative" Royal Ruby Red is.
Old 04-27-06, 03:26 PM
cleblanc
Rookie

I like a dark red. Are you saying it's a very dark red? It is hard to tell in pictures. Some pictures look a lot lighter than others. I saw it at the NY auto show but couldn't get close since it was on a pedestal and don't remember now. I don't mind it being 'conservative' at all.
Old 04-27-06, 11:42 PM
thegoodlif
Driver School Candidate

Following up - I bought one yesterday. Wasn't sure of the color I wanted, but surprised myself and fell in love with the Tungsten Pearl, grey interior. Classic look. What a sweet car! Love it, better than I'd hoped.
Old 04-28-06, 06:27 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Goodlif - that is a great color combo, but almost exactly what I have on my 06 GX, so I will probably want a change of pace. The silver and the gray definitely go together.

I was able to see the moon shell mica both outside in bright sunlight and inside on the dealer floor. First, let me suggest you ask to see a color outside before making a final decision - they are quite different (at some point in my life I handled all the printing for a consumer goods company, and light wavelength and type greatly affect how we perceive color).

Outside, the moon shell mica looks "warm" - especially when next to the tungsten car which is more of a true silver. I would have to describe it as a silvery almost beige with a pink cast. There is definitely that hint of pink there.

Inside, I really did not notice the pink. That will vary with the lighting at the dealer.

I am not a fan of "pink", but I actually thought the ES looked nice in that color. I can understand them not wanting to do cashmere seats, as it would probably clash. It is probably too close to silver for us to consider, given that we prefer not having two new cars with the same color.
Old 04-28-06, 07:22 AM
thegoodlif
Driver School Candidate

Silverlady - My previous car was a '98 red convertible Mustang, so going to a silver was a great classic change for me. I felt the same about the red color for the ES - photos look great, seems much better than the aquamarine, if you are looking for a non-neutral color, but I wanted a change of color from my previous car.

Quick Reply: Opinions on colors