ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Edmunds Finally Admits the 2007 ES350 Exists

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 09:25 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

AJL0365 I can't speak for the ES, but no th Camry, the sport packages are nothing more than body trim, a few interior badges. The suspension remains exactly the same unless you buy the "TRD lowering package" i.e. the same rebadged Eibach crap 1.25" drop springs (or 1.5" for Solara) they've been selling for fifteen years.
Old 08-18-05, 12:05 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys...those are pictures of the new camry...that is the same grill as the one i saw in torrance...
the grill and the disguise are all of the new camry

the headlights are the same...everything is identical...remember the pictures i took of the camry...it is the same

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173289

Last edited by LEXUS FAN!; 08-18-05 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-18-05, 02:44 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

...The ES is a Camry...
Old 08-18-05, 05:07 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i'm saying that those shots are of the camry though...it is not of the new ES

and with L-finesse and Toyota's new design style, these cars will not look alike at all
for example, look at the new GS and Avalon
Old 08-18-05, 06:32 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
and with L-finesse and Toyota's new design style, these cars will not look alike at all
for example, look at the new GS and Avalon
Why do people keep comparing the new GS to the Avalon as if it's the Lexus version of Avalon? They're on different platforms, driven by different wheels, and serve totally different markets. The only thing that's similar is the V6 engine, which is from the same family, but the GS's has direct injection and the Avalon's doesn't.

I have no problem with regarding ES as Lexus's version of the Camry on the other hand.
Old 08-18-05, 07:38 PM
Bluesman2
Driver

Default 07' Es

I think we're all just punch drunk with anticipation on the new model....

Somebody get ahold of Chris Doane with Brenda Priddy & Co. and put a full court press on some 2007 ES350 spy pics !!!!

I feel like a broke junkie on the downward slide over here......
Old 08-18-05, 08:57 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Why do people keep comparing the new GS to the Avalon as if it's the Lexus version of Avalon? They're on different platforms, driven by different wheels, and serve totally different markets. The only thing that's similar is the V6 engine, which is from the same family, but the GS's has direct injection and the Avalon's doesn't.

I have no problem with regarding ES as Lexus's version of the Camry on the other hand.
i'm not comparing the actual cars to each other...i am just saying GS is to Lexus as to Avalon is to Toyota because they both come hand in hand...sort of like how the Camry and the ES go hand in hand...those pairs go on sale at the same time...

if there was something above the avalon, it would be compared to the LS because that would be the flagship model

do you guys realize that it is a Camry in those spy pictures though?
Old 08-18-05, 10:11 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Eh....
The Avalon is the present day Cressida. It has nothing in common with the GS other than some minor Toyota parts bin & style cues.
Old 08-18-05, 10:38 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i'm not saying it has anything physically similar with the GS...i'm saying that what the two cars are to there individual brands is similar...remember NOT the cars themselves, but their statures in their respective brands
Old 08-19-05, 03:04 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
i'm not comparing the actual cars to each other...i am just saying GS is to Lexus as to Avalon is to Toyota because they both come hand in hand...sort of like how the Camry and the ES go hand in hand...those pairs go on sale at the same time...

if there was something above the avalon, it would be compared to the LS because that would be the flagship model

do you guys realize that it is a Camry in those spy pictures though?
The ES & Camry yes.....the GS is to Lexus what the Avalon is to Toyota 'stature wise'? hardly.....not a good comparo at all.
Old 08-19-05, 10:01 AM
Bluesman2
Driver

Default Edmunds has that photo up as the ES

Not that they're always accurate but Edmunds is using the white car spy shot as the new ES. Look under photos and they're all up for reference.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/l...3/preview.html

The dual exhaust gives me reason to believe this is accurate. The Camry shots are a single tail pipe.

Last edited by Bluesman2; 08-19-05 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-19-05, 10:13 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bluesman2
Not that they're always accurate but Edmunds is using the white car spy shot as the new ES. Look under photos and they're all up for reference.

The dual exhaust gives me reason to believe this is accurate. The Camry shots are a single tail pipe.
Excellent find, Bluesman2! It does look a lot like the new Camry. No surprise here. The differences have to be in the styling details which are mostly covered up.

As for the exhaust pipes, the Camry does have dual exhaust pipes, as confirmed by LEXUS FAN! in person.

Next ES:

Next Camry:

Old 08-19-05, 10:18 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Bluesman2

Sounds like (if Edmunds info is correct) that the first year issue of the nect gen ES is just going to have the 'carry over' 3.3L V6 (I guess like the 2002 had the 3.0L) If that's the case......I think that's a bit of a bummer considering the new Avalon had a completly brand new powertrain. Why wouldn't they do that for Lexus?

I was hoping for the ES 350 here. I guess we still have to wait & see what 'Officially' Lexus announces.
Old 08-19-05, 10:22 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Sounds like (if Edmunds info is correct) that the first year issue of the nect gen ES is just going to have the 'carry over' 3.3L V6 (I guess like the 2002 had the 3.0L) If that's the case......I think that's a bit of a bummer considering the new Avalon had a completly brand new powertrain. Why wouldn't they do that for Lexus?

I was hoping for the ES 350 here. I guess we still have to wait & see what 'Officially' Lexus announces.
Don't worry. Edmunds is simply not making the name change yet. ES350 has been officially trademarked in the U.S last year already.

And the fact that it requires dual exhaust pipes just like the new Avalon can only mean it's the new 3.5L.
Old 08-19-05, 10:23 AM
Bluesman2
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak

Agreed. Highly speculative here but I'm convinced it will be a 350. These photos really look like the Camry to me though, perhaps Edmunds is off the mark.

Quick Reply: Edmunds Finally Admits the 2007 ES350 Exists