ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Edmunds Finally Admits the 2007 ES350 Exists

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-05, 10:55 AM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never liked the ES. They should just kill it off. What market does it serve anyway, now that the IS and GS have AWD capability? Seems like a redundant product at this point....
Old 08-13-05, 11:48 AM
Bluesman2
Driver

Originally Posted by replica
Never liked the ES. They should just kill it off. What market does it serve anyway, now that the IS and GS have AWD capability? Seems like a redundant product at this point....
Sorry but you're missing the point of the ES. The IS and GS are sport models, the ES and LS are luxury oriented. The ES far outsells the IS and GS so killing it would be a mistake. To compare your comment would be like saying Chevrolet should kill off the Malibu because they already have the Cobalt and Corvette..........

Entry level:
IS & ES

Top of the line:
GS & LS

It may not fit your tastes or lifestyle but it fits many others.
Old 08-13-05, 03:15 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Bluesman2
Sorry but you're missing the point of the ES. The IS and GS are sport models, the ES and LS are luxury oriented. The ES far outsells the IS and GS so killing it would be a mistake. To compare your comment would be like saying Chevrolet should kill off the Malibu because they already have the Cobalt and Corvette..........

Entry level:
IS & ES

Top of the line:
GS & LS

It may not fit your tastes or lifestyle but it fits many others.
Agreed Blue....there are tons of ES models on the road......& there's a good reason for it. I just hope they make the new gen ES justified overall & better than the all new Avalon as I think some have been pretty disappointed in the last 6 months or so that the Av is a better buy currently than the 05 ES.
Old 08-13-05, 04:10 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd have to say that the ES300 is Lexus's best selling vehicle next to, or right under, the RX330.
Old 08-13-05, 06:02 PM
Bluesman2
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Agreed Blue....there are tons of ES models on the road......& there's a good reason for it. I just hope they make the new gen ES justified overall & better than the all new Avalon as I think some have been pretty disappointed in the last 6 months or so that the Av is a better buy currently than the 05 ES.
The Avalon may have Lexus features but it's still a Toyota and there's nothing beautiful or sexy about it. Maybe the back end but that's it... No doubt that it's a good deal but I can't get past the way it looks.
Old 08-13-05, 07:19 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
I'd have to say that the ES300 is Lexus's best selling vehicle next to, or right under, the RX330.
I couldn't agree with you more Rupp. Let's put it this way... the ES sedan paved the way of the Lexus brand, starting with their ES250 right up to the current ES330. When you look at it that way, you'll appreciate more of what and how the ES has taken over the entry-level luxury sedan competition for many years
Old 08-13-05, 08:19 PM
Bluesman2
Driver

Default Lexus ES

Nice to find some folks who are interested a civil discussion of the ES. The people over at the Edmunds ES forum are a bit critical and skeptical of any info. regarding the 07' ES.

You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink...........

Last edited by Bluesman2; 08-14-05 at 12:41 PM.
Old 08-14-05, 12:33 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

I'd personally buy another ES without batting an eyelid, but I am looking forward to seeing many more 'spy' photo's or production photo's of the 07 ES 350, along with specs as I would even go as far as to consider a Hybrid model if it comes so equipped.
Old 08-14-05, 12:43 PM
Bluesman2
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
I'd personally buy another ES without batting an eyelid, but I am looking forward to seeing many more 'spy' photo's or production photo's of the 07 ES 350, along with specs as I would even go as far as to consider a Hybrid model if it comes so equipped.
A hybrid I'm not too hot on for the length of time I keep a car, I'd be too concerned with maintenance costs with high mileage. I still don't see an economic payoff on these but as gas keeps climbing we get closer. I'd like to see a diesel version once the new low sulfur regs. kick in.
Old 08-14-05, 07:46 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

A hybrid I'm not too hot on for the length of time I keep a car, I'd be too concerned with maintenance costs with high mileage. I still don't see an economic payoff on these but as gas keeps climbing we get closer. I'd like to see a diesel version once the new low sulfur regs. kick in.
Hybrid or Diesel work for me.
Old 08-14-05, 08:27 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Next time I look to buy a Lexus, I'll really test it fully to make sure the transmission is more to my liking. If it's anything like the '02 to '05 ES's.....I'm going to definitely look further into other manufacturers offerings. A fine interior or exterior is only part of this equation......it has to respond to my wishes as far as driveability is concerned.
Old 08-15-05, 04:35 AM
Bluesman2
Driver

Originally Posted by amf1932
Next time I look to buy a Lexus, I'll really test it fully to make sure the transmission is more to my liking. If it's anything like the '02 to '05 ES's.....I'm going to definitely look further into other manufacturers offerings. A fine interior or exterior is only part of this equation......it has to respond to my wishes as far as driveability is concerned.
Yea that's a big concern I have, hopefully it will be fixed but to have it go on this long is inexcusable.

Does anyone know if the new Avalon has this issue?
Old 08-15-05, 06:02 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Yea that's a big concern I have, hopefully it will be fixed but to have it go on this long is inexcusable.

Does anyone know if the new Avalon has this issue?
Haven't driven it personally......but will in the next week to 10 days.
Old 08-17-05, 07:22 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

i have seen post about the 06 ES 330 black diamond edition, and im getting frustrated because i want to see it but theres no pics rolling around, does anybody have pics of it, im sure its gonna be nice, but i just want to see one. and they said that the paint with be exclusive black diamond, so it would be black with the sparkles in it with a hint of grey mixed in? thats what im thinking.

and another question, when the ES sport design came out did it have a different suspension? because the RX sport design had like a sport suspension, so did the ES have a sport suspension? i been wondering about that
Old 08-17-05, 09:23 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Even better than the '07 updates. I hope when they start building the hybrid Camry in Ky, the Jap plant builds hybrid ES/Windom's.
I would sooooo be the first person to turbo a hybrid ES350! ROTFLMAO!¡! I can imagine the irony now! It'd wind up like Julian Edgar's Prius (World's first supercharged & later turbocharged Prius). You can extract as much engine power as you want, but the hybrid synergy drive absorbs it into charging the battery / runing the motors. So it's like driving around with a full charge all the time instead of a turbo beast, bawahahahahahahaha!

At least gas mileage goes up! :P

ahhhhh Toyota just can't make it easy with v6's LoL!

Quick Reply: Edmunds Finally Admits the 2007 ES350 Exists