ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Fast left blinker

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-07, 10:46 PM
lej1447
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led 1157?

Has any one used the LED 1157 bulb for corner? That should revolve the amber color due to the filament bulb, correct?
Old 07-19-07, 09:22 AM
oakhand
Driver School Candidate

Revolve? I've tried them and they look nice. Don't have them anymore, just the rear brake and turn signal. And it blinks twice as fast. Don't now why, no bulbs out, no fuses out.

Plan to turn all of them to LED soon and something else to resolve my reverse light issue.
Old 09-18-07, 08:02 PM
Elite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by juan01
They will still come out amber.
even if you remove the orange plastic piece and replace the stock bulb?
Old 11-19-07, 09:53 AM
96Lexboy
Rookie

Originally Posted by oakhand
Revolve? I've tried them and they look nice. Don't have them anymore, just the rear brake and turn signal. And it blinks twice as fast. Don't now why, no bulbs out, no fuses out.

Plan to turn all of them to LED soon and something else to resolve my reverse light issue.
sometimes the bulb isnt put on properly and you dont notice... that makes the bulb blink fast too.
Old 04-08-10, 02:55 PM
juvenchan
Driver

when I first got my 97es. the signal light, four of them is blinking faster than the normal cars.
is that usual?
Old 04-09-10, 08:51 AM
frohboy33
Driver

Sounds like its low on Blinker Fluid.
Old 04-11-10, 09:48 AM
dcapo
Driver

if the bulb aint dead then loose contact on bulb to socket,
solution - remove bulb and take a small flathead and lift the contacts inside the socket upwards, i had the same problem and this fixed it for me
Old 08-23-10, 06:45 PM
capnfred
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, one thing to check it the connector that goes to the headlight assembly for the turn signal/parking lights....if the bulb is flashing faster and both the front and rear are working, the problem is with the ground ckt. in the bulb socket or the connector... if you look close you will see that there is a significant dirrerence in the intensity of the turn signal that is fast and the normal one.... what is happening is rather than lighing the high wattage element of the 1157, because of the faulty ground it is going through the low wattage element, (low wattage = higher resistance = faster blink....) I=ER
I current, E voltage, R resistance... ohms law...anyway, the turn signal/parking lights cann be accessed from under the car, remove the plastic unbody cover on the side where the bulb is, look up you will see the grey thing refeerred to above....but!!!! the easier thing is remove the three 10mm bolts holding the headlight assembly in, unplug the high and low beam connectors and pull the headlight assembly away from the body... piece of cake.... hope this helps...

capn
Old 03-05-11, 11:55 AM
bedunham
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99es
I started to have this problem too. The Lexus dealer said it was a loose connection because if both the front and back blinkers still flash, the bulbs are still good. He said to turn on the blinker that is flashing too fast, go to the front flasher, hit it with the palm of your hand until the blinking slows down.

Strange, but it worked for me.
Hey, I just tried this and after three whacks it worked for me too! Nice for a repair to go quick and easy for change. Thanks for posting that tip.
Old 03-13-11, 09:42 AM
VicsIS350
Driver

Maybe I read wrong but this is about some sort of grounding issue with bulb holder do I understand this correct? I own an 1996 ES300. When I have time I will try the suggestions here..thanks guys

Last edited by VicsIS350; 03-14-11 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-19-11, 11:05 PM
VicsIS350
Driver

Exclamation

Sorry oolldd thread but I had the basic same issue with my front right blinker going twice as fast...yesterday the easy fix was done first remove headlight assembly of the side your problem exist...remove bulb/socket from assembly by twisting off then check bulb and holder contacts if not corroded as in my case...then reinsert and twist in but just to lock position DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN!!! Before remounting headlight assembly check how blinkers work if it back to normal then your situation was the bulb and socket were over tightened..thus the connection was not correct but testing while headlight assembly off over tightening it blinked fast but once tightened to when it feels fine it works then go ahead and reinstall headlight assembly.
Old 07-01-11, 11:13 AM
RA102723
5th Gear

Originally Posted by 99es
I started to have this problem too. The Lexus dealer said it was a loose connection because if both the front and back blinkers still flash, the bulbs are still good. He said to turn on the blinker that is flashing too fast, go to the front flasher, hit it with the palm of your hand until the blinking slows down.

Hey, worked for me too! Now I can use the extra time to enjoy Independence Day!!! Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-07-11, 09:09 PM
sonecortam
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99es View Post

awesome, i just went out and did it...works for me too
Old 09-08-11, 12:21 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

I also remember hearing that it starts to flash faster when the light bulb is close to the end of its life.
Old 10-28-14, 08:20 AM
MzDaTzHoT
Driver School Candidate

Default fast left blinker

all my lights seem to work except the left blinker.... i went and changed the bulb and instead of it blinking it stayed on

Quick Reply: Fast left blinker