ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Anybody know how to replace a turning signal bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-03, 12:58 PM
Kilroy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know how to replace a turning signal bulb?

On the front passenger side? I removed the plastic piece that covers the width of the front end of the engine compartment, and removed a screw that holds the front of the light assembly in. I still can't budge the light assembly. Does it pull forward, back, up, out? What am I missing?

Thanks for your insights.
Old 03-07-03, 02:00 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Use a small screw driver to go into the gap between the headlight and the turn signal. Then gently pry it to forward the front of the car.
Old 03-07-03, 03:13 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do a search for threads i have posted in, you will find one in which i gave a detailed description about how to remove the headlight... the bulb is on the underside of the headlight. the thread might be titled something about clear corners.
Old 03-08-03, 12:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

This is also listed in your owners manual BTW.
Old 03-08-03, 01:42 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

my owner's manual doesn't say that... it says: take your lexus to your certified lexus dealer.:thumbdown
Old 03-08-03, 04:59 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Changing the front turn signal lamp bulb

If you know how to take out the entire headlamp assembly, you're halfway there (if not, there are numerous threads on CL covering this particular step, use the ES300 search engine). Now I show you how to change out the front turn signal lamp bulb (driver or passenger side). Here are the demo pictures being done from my spare '96 ES headlamp:

So basically, it's just like changing out your low or high beam bulbs, you twist and lock/unlock. I believe the P/N of my bulb is 1157A; you can find out the P/N of your bulb by consulting your owner's manual. Hope this helps.

-Doug
Old 03-11-03, 08:00 AM
bigsax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know how to replace a turning signal bulb?

Originally posted by Kilroy
On the front passenger side? I removed the plastic piece that covers the width of the front end of the engine compartment, and removed a screw that holds the front of the light assembly in. I still can't budge the light assembly. Does it pull forward, back, up, out? What am I missing?

Thanks for your insights.
Well, there is more than one screw holding in the light assembly. i think there are two of them.
Old 03-11-03, 11:58 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

I was hoping you would find this in the search, but here it is. It's from "Tutorial for Lights"
Eric :
"I changed my parking lamps. And this also applies to anyone who wants to know how to remove the headlight assembly. When you open the hood, unscrew the five screws in the front black plastic, and pop put the 9 clips, to remove the cover that covers both headlights and the center. You should see 3 bolts directly connected to the assembly. The first, is connecting the black assembly to the painted metal. The second is down near the horn, ( I started with the passenger side first ) , and the third is vertical right below the second one. You can obviously see that they hold the assembly in place. Now you have unscrewed all 3. If you look in the crack right near the first screw holding the assembly, you should be able to see (with a flashlight) a whitish plastic clip with a silver rod in the center. That is holding your headlight on. Place a long screwdriver on the side of the metal that the clip is going through, on the side that is closest to the headlight. I pried some, trying to push the headlight out, and it released the clip. Now you are able to pull the assembly most of the way out, with the wires still connected. The parking lamp bulb is right where it should be, on the bottom of the place where you see it. turn that socket to the left, then pull it down. The bulbs you can just turn them left and they pop out. Replace them and put back the headlight. After you get the first one done, it will be much easier to do the second. Maybe this can help us get the orange out of there now. I have super white parking lamps and turn signals now. Looks good, as long as I get my xenons in the mail soon. Thanks guys. Later. Eric

Last edited by EGainer; 03-11-03 at 12:00 PM.