ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

A couple things Lexus didn't get right

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 02:48 PM
bullrider
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlx101
My easy solutions for your problems:

all it takes is a little bit of thinking... it is good for the brain! use it!
Well.. all it would have taken was a bit of thinking to make the power window lockouts work the same way as they have in every other car I've ever owned, and to put lighting on the Home Link buttons.

I've got a three year old who lives to play with buttons and the instant he sees me making a change to his window he's got HIS finger on HIS button. While I'm driving I don't want to be playing tag with the power window buttons to try and get his window shut AND lock it while he's pressing down his button. As I said it's a minor annoyance, but it's so simple to assume that the driver is worthy of allowing control over the windows all the time even when the passengers should not have that ability. I have to give it to a 3 year old to give it to myself and as I said his finger is on the button RIGHT NOW if he sees that the window is 'working'. They went to the trouble to turn off the lighting to the power window switches on the passenger doors when the windows are locked out, which is fine, but it would have been equally easy to leave the driver with the ability to control the windows without having to give himself (and the passengers) permission first.

Home Link lighting? I've learned to feel where the buttons are without looking at them, most of the time, but still... if Dodge could think of it for a pickup truck, it surprises me that Lexus didn't.

I'm a systems analyst by profession so I'm used to thinking to solve problems. And I notice when someone else didn't think quite enough, like whoever missed those details on my otherwise excellent ES330. A workaround for a problem however minor that shouldn't exist is still a nuisance.

Last edited by bullrider; 11-17-14 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-17-14, 05:46 PM
crwys
Lead Lap

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Am I the only one who uses the power outlet in the center console? I love it haha. Lexus even added a small cutout to fit your cords through, and the center console can still close even if you put the cords through the side. I use mine to charge my phone and my tablet.

However I can agree on the power window lockout switch.
The headrest never bothered me but I guess I don't really use them. (I'm weird I know)
The homelink I feel doesn't need to be lit. I've never had to feel for it, I just reach up and press it. You shouldn't be looking at the roof while driving anyways?

What I don't like is the seats don't fold down.
Not much bass in door speakers but I love the stock sound system overall. And I get compliments on it from everyone.

I think that's it

Last edited by crwys; 11-17-14 at 05:56 PM.