ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

TPS & APPS Pedal Sensor Adjust Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-14, 09:20 AM
Lexingram
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS & APPS Pedal Sensor Adjust Help

Recently my Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS) went dead recently, first it just went into "Limp Mode" so i couldn't drive very far with it acting like a *****. My friends computer scanner told me it was the TPS sensor, but i didnt read it all the way because it actually said it was the pedal position sensor high voltage circuit. So i replaced the throttle body (the TPS sensor is encased into the trottle body) hoping that would fix my problem, but sadly no, it was actually worse, it didnt even wanna start, and when it did fire up it would die in 2 seconds. So i bought a new Accelerator Pedal (It came with the APPS) then put it in and tried to fire it up and nothing, same thing, just stay alive for a second or 2 then die. I understand that there is some adjusting to do to the APPS and i believe it has to match the TPS on the trottle body since that one is not adjustable for this type of engine and throttle system. My friend said something on relearning the idle, but apparently i have to have the car on and running to do that, i cant get the damn thing to stay alive.

I was hoping someone else has had this problem and fixed it and remembers exactly how they did it, and hopefully took a ****load of pictures. i just need to know how to adjust the APPS Properly because i feel that it is just a simple adjustment to keep the car alive, because when i do turn the APPS just a little bit in the right direction the car becomes more alive then ever but still dies out, but it would now let me accelerate but still end up dying. i need the correct voltage and diagram to show me what to test and what to adjust or just any info would be helpful.
Old 07-18-14, 06:01 PM
Mythotical
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you may have a problem with the IAC being cruddy or some junk made it to the air assisted injectors. To prove this, pull off a vacuum line and see if it idles.