ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

blower motor birds nest

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-14, 01:26 AM
gtstcactus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor birds nest

As I have to wait a couple of days for the tie rod tool & inner tie rod I've ordered due to a public holiday here I decided to try and tackle the problem with my air con / heater...

I get no air hot, cold or otherwise blown via a/c or just by turning the fan on...

So I went after the blower motor today, pulled out the required stuff to gain access, removed the blower motor to find it full of dry long grass / hay / straw and leaves, it looked like a birds nest, or perhaps a mouse nest???!!!! I think it's appearance was probably formed by the spinning of the rotor on the motor as opposed to birds living in the car....

So I sort of thought well that would explain the problem thinking all the extra crap in the blower might have caused the motor to burn out.... My jumped leads are to big to connect to the terminals of the blower motor so I couldn't test it...

I went to electronic shop and grabbed some alligator clip wires (like micro jumper leads for hot wheels size cars) . I will test the motor tomorrow and I really hope it's the motor that's faulty as it's an easy solved problem then....

Got myself a cheap little multimeter also.... figured I'd get a cheap one to learn on, will upgrade if and when I need one with more features...