ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-15, 10:48 AM
RoGiggles
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally came around to post

Hi! I have had my es for a while now and usually looked on the forums for help with basic fixes but I'm finally introducing myself. I own a 2000 lexus es300 I have had it for 3 years now. I recently just started fixing it up and had installed a kenwood double din with nav and got some hfp r7 rims, they have some curb rash but nothing too bad for me. There is some sun damage and hater key marks but they soon will be fixed.

Old 02-17-15, 01:32 PM
lostape45
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Very clean, I like those rims a lot. Welcome to the club!
Old 02-18-15, 02:41 PM
aniekan
Driver School Candidate

I purchased a 2003 ES300 in January. I love it!!! It had just 89000 miles on it and I've already logged 3k miles. Blame my long commute to work. Got it from a dealer trade it. List price was 10k. I didn't realize I'd be up for a costly 90k mile service so soon. Oh well, I'm still glad I made the purchase. I actually find this model more beautiful than the new lexus's I see all around me when I'm driving.
Old 02-26-15, 08:31 PM
mkultra99
Driver School Candidate

Default interesting trade

New (to me) Lexus 1999 ES 300 owner. Traded 2 old SKS rifles and a few hundred rounds of ammo for the car with 252,000 miles on it. Immaculate dealer service records until 190,000 miles. I worked at a Lexus dealership as a early 20-21 year old and finally following through with the "someday I'll have one". I'll keep ya posted.
Old 02-27-15, 02:53 PM
like2paint
Driver School Candidate

Post New girl here, love my "new" '97 ES300!

Hi all,

I just got my first Lexus last week and have already been on these forums looking up your tips & experiences in fixing up your cars so thought I'd join the conversation. Thank you for all your posts! It's been very helpful already!

I had a "mom-mobile," Ford Freestyle for my daily driver the past 5 years (which I loved...a great family car), who's transmission went out & I decided to look to Craigslist for a new car. I didn't want a car payment & thought I'd see what kind of luxury car I could find cheap! I'm in love! I love a good project (I'm usually refurbishing furniture & interior painting projects) so this car will be a good project for me, too.

It's got 189,000 miles on it, 1997, "Cashmere Beige Metallic" with ivory interior. Last night I worked on detailing the dash & front doors (ugh, they were grimy!). I'm amazed at the quality of everything on this car.

The only engine issue when I bought it was it was leaking oil & needed a new valve head gasket, which my boyfriend replaced last night. I got a couple newer used tires put on the back & it drives like a dream. Smooth, quiet, powerful little engine. I haven't had so much fun driving since my pre-mom days when I had a Firebird. Bonus...my kiddos love it & think it's cool, too.

I'm hoping to restore it to it's former glory! Lots of little things need fixing/replacing/cleaning.

I just ordered a leather repair kit from Magic Mender to repair the leather wearing on the driver's seat & other wearing in the passenger seat & console. I'm so excited to try it out! I'll post "after" pics once I finish it. I'll post the "before" pic here so you can see how bad it is. And thank you to a poster here who said to order the Ivory #375 instead of 315...I'm hoping it's the right color, and have a hunch it is. We'll see when it arrives.

Next project is restoring the headlight plastic. When winter is over, I'm gonna tackle exterior rust. I'm thinking of taking it in for a deodorization at the dealership detailing shop to get the former owner's smoke smell out of the car if all my own cleaning doesn't do it. Any tips or suggestions welcome!

Never thought my "cheap used car until I could find something better" would win my heart & bring me to a forum to discuss restoration tips! I want to drive it for a long time.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-engine.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-seatbefore.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-engineopen.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-rustywheel.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-carfront.jpg  

Old 03-01-15, 06:26 AM
sainicrew
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi

Just bought a used 97 ES 300 green color and base model from what i can assume. After market pioneer deck with navigation and harddrive plus aux and ipod hook up. Other than that pretty much stock! Has some broken pieces i need to repair so i joined the forum to take advantage of peoples knowledge. Hope to get this bad boy looking and running like it did in 97! Thanks and i look forward to everyone input.
Old 03-12-15, 12:20 PM
TheLandYac
Driver School Candidate

New Lexus owner here, 2005 ES330. Only 3 days so far, so not much to say about it...althought I love the way it drives. Only complaints so far are;

1. When I got it, the passenger floorboards front & back were saturated with water (bought it on a day when it was raining cats & dogs). THREAD

2. A bit of seepage around the valve cover gasket front & back. Dealer said gasket was replaced, I'm gonna spray-clean it off with carb-cleaner then drive it a while & see if that's just old oil. Thoughts?

3. A bit of shake/wobble at speed (50+), pre-purchase inspector thinks bent/warped front wheel?
Old 03-15-15, 09:38 AM
bigolES
Driver School Candidate

Greetings everyone!
I'm just a youngster compared to everyone else (17 in high school), but I am in love with my car. Yes, it was a hand-me-down car from my grandparents to my sister to me, but that's how cars go in my family. I'm very grateful to have a car at all, and what a beautiful car to have!!

I own a 1997 ES300. No major servicing yet (Knock on wood) I do the oil changes myself, and I'm going to have a professional take a look at it once we hit the big 100,000 mile mark. It's at 98,200 miles right now. The furthest trip it's made is from Pittsburgh to Hershey Pennsylvania.

My sister was backed into at a red light, so I had a large chunk out of the front bumper. An aftermarket bumper was cheaper than OEM so I convinced my dad to have one put on professionally. I must say, it looks fantastic. It's a VIS VIP racing bumper. I have included a before and after picture and a picture of the car, freshly washed and waxed

Old 03-15-15, 04:07 PM
yocks
Driver School Candidate

Default newbie to da club

aloha everyone! i have a 2000 es300 platinum series.
Old 03-17-15, 06:21 PM
DaveNay
Driver School Candidate

First time Lexus owner here. I am in the process of buying a 1996 ES300. It's not anything super special, but it should be a good commuter car for me. It will certainly be more economical than my Suburban which gets only 11 MPG.

Cheers!
Old 03-18-15, 07:19 AM
Warrior15
Driver School Candidate

Default My first Lexus and I LOVE her.

Black 2004 ES330 with cream interior. 120k but she is in pristine condition

Old 03-19-15, 09:21 PM
TJDOG41
Driver School Candidate

Default New member

Hello

New to this and first time Lexus owner 15 years too long (LOL) 2000 ES 300 , 140,000 original one owner it's entire life all service done at same dealership that took the car back in a trade in. Vintage red pearl coat with dark lower color, leather still in pristine condition. Look forward to suggestions .
Old 03-23-15, 04:17 PM
NC00ES300
Driver School Candidate

Default New ES300 owner

Hello all new to this site and first time Lexus owner. I'm 40 and always loved the Lexus brand. My good friend who also owns a LS400 steered me in the right direction. After a 3 month search and test driving over 10 ES300's I found my perfect car. A 2000 ES 300 with 163,000 original miles one owner it's entire life all service done at the same Lexus dealership. Antique Sage Pearl paint and tan leather inside. Original factory 6 disk CD player and stereo. 10 pages of maintence records in pristine condition. Looks as if it rolled off showroom floor. Leather still in pristine condition. Future plans: New driver side headlight ( just ordered this week) Different rims and upgrade from 16 to 18's.

2000 ES300 Sage Pearl

Last edited by NC00ES300; 03-24-15 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-25-15, 11:51 PM
inkedlines
Driver School Candidate

Default New Newbie doing the intro

Hi All - New member with a new to me 1998 Lexus ES 300 EX . This car is in great condition. 150k. Clean, maintenance records all the way back, still looks almost new. Got a great deal too! I drive about 25 miles a day, and the ride is great. Nicest car I've had. Although, I did have a small issue recently, I'll write about that in the appropriate section. In the future I would like to lower it some (the right way!) and upgrade the audio system.

Thanks all!

Here's a dark pic!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-photo-2.jpg  
Old 03-26-15, 01:35 PM
brett611
Driver School Candidate

Default 2004 ES 330 newtome

Just picked it up yesterday, 75,000 miles. Silver w/black interior. Big fan so far

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!