ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-14, 07:52 PM
4wheels
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice and very clean...!
Old 12-20-14, 08:00 PM
4wheels
Driver School Candidate

Default Instrumental cluster

Hi guys, I do own a 1994 ES 300 , suddenly it did start to not running well then not running at all...took it to an electrical repair shop, they told me that the cluster is bad....do anybody knows where can fix or repair those?
Old 12-21-14, 04:23 PM
dharmaj
Driver School Candidate

My 2001 ES300 is approaching 100,000 miles (140 short) . I purchased the car new in Nov. 2000. It is millenium silver with leather seats. The paint is still shiny and clean. I have never washed it at a carwash, always hand wash with Griots car mtce products.

I love this car because it still runs like when it was brand new. I get regular mtce done - oil change, all fluids change, all filters, tires, brakes etc.

Recently, I have a minor problem with adjusting/controlling side view mirrors. The two-four way switch is snug but I think the fuse that powers the motors that turn the mirrors may be blown. The owners manual and Body Electrical manual points to RAD No. 2 fuse which is supposed to be inside the driver side well inside the car. I am trying to find fuse no. 41 but dont see a fuse panel on the wall next to brake pedal.

Anyone have any idea how to access the RAD NO. 2 or fuse no. 41 on 2001 ES300, I would greatly appreciate if the info can be shared here or by my email. Any other information regarding removal of the switch for diagnostic or location of fuse panel will help as well.
Old 12-21-14, 07:31 PM
lostape45
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Okay so here is where the fuse box inside the cabin is, behind the coin drawer, you open it then pull it towards you. As for #41 fuse, it is the second 7.5A fuse down in the top right hand corner. I'm not positive that this is the fuse you are looking for since it is only for the radio. I suggest you double check fuse 44 because it deals with the power seat, moonroof, and power windows which are all kept in memory along with the power mirrors. Hope this helps.

Old 12-25-14, 07:09 AM
geekrunner
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello! My better half and I have owned our 99 ES300 for three years, and just paid it off last month. It has the pearlescent white color with darker lower panels, and 245,000 miles. I'm getting ready to perform the knock sensor and downstream o2 sensor replacement, which has been needed for the last year. It is also due for a repaint, it still looks pretty good in general, but has a scrape or two on it, some slight rust through around the wheel wells, and peeling paint on the front bumper cover. I'll post a pic when I can get my normal home computer to stop shutting down when I use the forum
Old 12-30-14, 09:47 AM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Hello all,

Bought my mother's 2003 ES300 a few months ago to replace my 2006 Subaru Legacy GT due to reliability issues. It's probably for the best as the GT was tuned and very fast. So far I am liking the ES, pretty comfortable ride and a lot slower so I can stay out of trouble.

Not too many plans to modify as it seems there is not much out there. I did throw on a set of SC430 wheels because I like them and got a fair price (250 for the set with around 60% of the tread left.). I figure I it would look better lower with the 18's so I will probably do struts and springs. I would also like a stiffer rear sway to make the car more neutral handling, right now it understeers like crazy.

Any suggestions on springs with the most drop? Also, how much in common is the same year camry suspension? Can I buy a rear sway or springs for a 2003 camry and fit them on my ES?

Here is a picture of it how it sits, needs a little lowering.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20141214_150851.jpg  

Last edited by JetsonES; 12-30-14 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-02-15, 03:33 PM
HPvsMPG
Driver School Candidate

Default Noob here sayin' hey!

Howdy folks,

I have a 2003 ES300 with 181,500 on the clock. While it's not the fastest car I own, it is the nicest! Maybe I'm getting old, but A/C, heated leather seats and great sound system often trump my other car's (original numbers matching 1970 340 Six Pak T/A Challenger) 5 sec 0-60 and 12.5 1/4 mile AND coming home smelling of unburned exhaust...! Lol

I joined because there's a few things on the Lex that need some TLC and I figured you long time pros would know the best!

Happy New Year y'all!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus-cave.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-chally-sox-dream-custom-3-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-chally-motor.jpg  
Old 01-03-15, 09:56 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Welcome. Damn fine challenger you have there, sounds like a beast.
Old 01-05-15, 07:08 PM
SandyDT
Driver School Candidate

Default New member

Hi,

My name is Sandy and my hubby and I just purchased a 2003 Lexus ES300 with all the bells and whistles. It is champagne color with cream leather interior and a beautiful dark red walnut steering wheel and the same red walnut accents throughout.

It has a navigation system, memory seats, a 6 CD changer in the console and the nav system tilts up to reveal the radio/CD/Cassette. My hubby wants to replace this system with a new, state of the art nav / radio/audio jack system so anyone who has experience doing that, please let me know. The hubby pulled out the sat radio the former owner had in there and saw where it looks fairly easy to pull out and replace the system. Not sure what to do about the giant navigation box in the trunk.

We bought a Haynes manual for the car but it doesn't mention changing out the radio/nav system.

As for us, we live on a horseshoe lake in NE LA. It is lined with beautiful, ancient cypress trees. It was once part of the Mississippi River. My hubby owns a lumber yard/hardware store and I am a mosaic / stained glass artist.

We have owned several Toyotas in the past but this is the first time we have upped the anti and stepped in Lexus luxury. We are getting older and travel a great deal with our adult children and their families living 6 and 9 hours from us. The 4Runner was great but it was not comfortable since it sits on a truck frame. This ES is magnificent and so very comfy. I love driving it and the funny thing is, I don't really want to speed in it like I thought I would. When I was young and crazy, I had a Jaguar XJS and that car got me in a great deal of trouble with traffic cops. I also couldn't afford the maintenance on it so I sold it and bought an RX7. Not much better in the ticket department, lol. But, a hoot to drive.

This one just glides over the road. I enjoy driving it so much and am not in any hurry to get somewhere so I can stretch my old Army knees out.

Well, that's about it. Thank you for creating this forum and giving me an opportunity to help keep our Lovely in tip top shape.
Old 01-07-15, 12:34 PM
HPvsMPG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JetsonES
Welcome. Damn fine challenger you have there, sounds like a beast.
Thanks Jet! Yeah, it's the head turner. I like the Lex about as much for comfort and drivability! The Lexus gets 22 mpg city/ 40 mpg on the highway. The Challenger will pass anything but a gas station! Lol it gets about 8 mpg city & 14 on the highway.
Old 01-07-15, 01:21 PM
SandyDT
Driver School Candidate

I forgot to mention all the options we have. Let's see:

Seat Warmers
Memory Seats (2 settings)
Lumbar support
Leather interior and seats
Solid Cherry wood steering wheel
Cherry accents throughout
Navigation system
Sun / Moon roof
Heated Seats
Those logic (not sure what they are called) brakes
V6
Alloy Wheels

I think that's it.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex303.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex40.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex50.jpg  
Old 01-07-15, 06:37 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Good looking car.

nice.
Old 01-13-15, 12:22 PM
littlelala
Driver School Candidate

Hello I have an ES300 love the car@
Old 01-21-15, 01:51 PM
patsat
Driver School Candidate

Default New Pre-owned GS300 Owner

Hello, I'm Pat
I just purchased a 2006 GS300, 115K Silver w/Grey Leather, Nav, etc.
Glad to join you. Pictures to come later.
Old 01-27-15, 03:55 PM
mnguyen072
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus Owner

Hey everyone!

I am now an owner of a 2005 Lexus ES 330. I've had it for a week now and I love it!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!