ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-15, 11:21 PM
Tony1ES350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found it

Originally Posted by shirome
Noob to the Forums
Hi nice ride loving it
Old 06-25-15, 01:14 PM
Betsy1994
Driver School Candidate

Question Hello club Lexus!! Help our Betsy get power again

Our Lexus is a 1994 ES300 named Betsy. I need some serious help on why the car is accelerating very slowly til i get up to about 40. then sometime she kicks in and sometimes i lose complete acceleration or gas power. i can put the pedal to the floor and its nothing but going down in speed and this happens for about 10 seconds or so before it kicks in and gets gas to accelerate. it definatly gets loss going up hill. we have replaced the air intake hose because we noticed a crack in it but that didnt help. i bought a cat/exhaust cleaner for 30 bucks but only noticed slight change but not much. i smell strong exhaust fumes in the car but cannot tell when this is occurring but may be when i hit a bump. i know me and my husband love our baby and want her well. please help!!

Last edited by Betsy1994; 06-25-15 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-25-15, 07:12 PM
YungTrapGo
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,
Name is Andrew. I just recently purchased an 99 es300 (5 months) as my first car for 4250 (got it this low because of a mileage problem. On record is jumps from 92k to 132k then back to 94k) . 2 owners with all engine maintenance on record since the cars first release. Car is in excellent condition and drives like a charm. Shes on 17x7.5" konig back bones, has a cold air intake, and custom straight pipe.(surprised at how nice the engine sounds on straight pipes), and HiD's. Possible LS4 engine swap in future.

As of now, im trying to find a short hub for an aftermarket steering wheel and am not having any luck.

Old 06-25-15, 10:14 PM
bullrider
Rookie

Hey all, I'm late posting this. Bought my ES330 last August. It's just a pretty ordinary Lexus really but it's my first and I'm liking it. What prompted me to post was that I just put a set of ES350 replica chrome wheels on it and it looks SO much nicer. The original alloy wheels the car came with were just so plain and dull and, well, kinda dorky looking. Thanks to a little cash gift from my late mother in law I was able to remedy the wheel situation and now the whole car looks pretty classy. What was Lexus thinking with those original alloys? So totally blah. I had to go with replicas as the genuine Lexus wheels would have cost me triple or more. This car won't see any snow or salt so I think they'll hold up fine anyhow. This is just a quick snap taken in the driveway today.

Thank you for the wheel money Rose, I'll miss you.

Last edited by bullrider; 06-25-15 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-27-15, 05:31 PM
DennisCB
Rookie

Originally Posted by bullrider
Hey all, I'm late posting this. Bought my ES330 last August. It's just a pretty ordinary Lexus really but it's my first and I'm liking it. What prompted me to post was that I just put a set of ES350 replica chrome wheels on it and it looks SO much nicer. The original alloy wheels the car came with were just so plain and dull and, well, kinda dorky looking. Thanks to a little cash gift from my late mother in law I was able to remedy the wheel situation and now the whole car looks pretty classy. What was Lexus thinking with those original alloys? So totally blah. I had to go with replicas as the genuine Lexus wheels would have cost me triple or more. This car won't see any snow or salt so I think they'll hold up fine anyhow. This is just a quick snap taken in the driveway today.

Thank you for the wheel money Rose, I'll miss you.

like the wheels
Old 06-29-15, 03:02 PM
patsat
Driver School Candidate

Post 2006 es300

I live in Tehachapi, CA and recently purchased an ES300. I've been pleased with the ride and comfort. The power of the engine is impressive and the power curve is smooth. gas mileage good. I like many things about the car, but I'm critical about certain features.

I'm a techno junkie and I work with electronics for a living. Certainly Lexus has come a long way in the past 9 years, but this model is very difficult to work with. Certain things really bug me such as when unlocking the drivers door with the automatic door sensor, it only unlocks that door and has no option to unlock the others that I have found unless I go to the back door. Not too impressed with the Nav System and the back-up camera is lame. We have had a tough time with the shroud located under the front of the car as each time one rubs against a tire bumper, the front bumper comes loose causing the holders for the shroud to pop out. The next time we reach highway speeds, the shroud blows downward and drags on the pavement-quite embarrassing when pulling into a busy parking lot and everyone looks at the car with the scraping noise.
I suppose I'm just a simi-automatic to manual guy who likes more control over certain electronic features in my cars...such as not having to switch the display to the "climate" screen to change the fan speed. For those of you that love their Lexus, I wish you years of enjoyment. To those who prefer something a tad more controllable, I suggest something a bit less electronic (or a later model)..

Thanks for your space to place my comments.
Old 06-29-15, 04:31 PM
bullrider
Rookie

Originally Posted by DennisCB
like the wheels
Thanks, I think they really look good. I looked at a lot of possible wheel options but in the end decided that Lexus wheels (well, exact replicas) in chrome would look better than any of the others I was considering and I was right (IMO).

Last edited by bullrider; 06-29-15 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-29-15, 04:41 PM
bullrider
Rookie

Originally Posted by patsat
I live in Tehachapi, CA and recently purchased an ES300. I've been pleased with the ride and comfort. The power of the engine is impressive and the power curve is smooth. gas mileage good. I like many things about the car, but I'm critical about certain features.

I'm a techno junkie and I work with electronics for a living. Certainly Lexus has come a long way in the past 9 years, but this model is very difficult to work with. Certain things really bug me such as when unlocking the drivers door with the automatic door sensor, it only unlocks that door and has no option to unlock the others that I have found unless I go to the back door. Not too impressed with the Nav System and the back-up camera is lame. We have had a tough time with the shroud located under the front of the car as each time one rubs against a tire bumper, the front bumper comes loose causing the holders for the shroud to pop out. The next time we reach highway speeds, the shroud blows downward and drags on the pavement-quite embarrassing when pulling into a busy parking lot and everyone looks at the car with the scraping noise.
I suppose I'm just a simi-automatic to manual guy who likes more control over certain electronic features in my cars...such as not having to switch the display to the "climate" screen to change the fan speed. For those of you that love their Lexus, I wish you years of enjoyment. To those who prefer something a tad more controllable, I suggest something a bit less electronic (or a later model)..

Thanks for your space to place my comments.
Just a few comments on what you said...
1. I'm guessing that in the quite-a-few years since your ES300 was made, those electronics have been improved quite a bit. At least a minor consolation is that I think the cars with Nav systems also allow you to customize some of the car's electronic features. My own car (the ES330 black w/chromes a few posts back) doesn't have Nav but I wish it did - I think. Also I myself seldom ever touch the fan speed switch / setting because I've found that the auto climate control does such a good job of running things.
2. That shroud must have something wrong with it or clips missing or something. I've not had any such problems with mine, it stays put. Maybe find another car like yours and compare how the shroud is mounted on it.
3. My own pet peeves with my ES330 are that when you set the power window lock switch, not only can the passengers not open the windows (which is as it should be) but neither can I. I've never had a car that didn't lock the windows for the passengers while still allowing the driver to control all of them. This setup is just silly. And I wish they'd found a way to illuminate more of the controls including the HomeLink transmitter buttons in the ceiling. My 14 year old Dodge pickup truck is better on all of these issues than my Lexus, and that seems like such a shame that Lexus blew details like that on a car that has 'foot lights'!

Last edited by bullrider; 06-29-15 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-11-15, 04:51 AM
Vulkan132
Driver School Candidate

Smile Happy owner of a new to me 97 es 300

I just picked up this 97 es300 last week and man do I love it. I've never driven such a smooth solid car. 190k miles chamgane grey two tone tan interior. Moon roof, memory seats,heated seats, all the bells and whistles. Car drives its *** off though I love this ride

Lemme know what you think
Old 07-11-15, 05:07 PM
DennisCB
Rookie

looks like my 98

Last edited by DennisCB; 07-12-15 at 04:05 AM.
Old 07-12-15, 01:41 PM
Rbliss
Driver School Candidate

Default My ES300 was free. . .like a puppy

There's two kinds of free; free like a lunch and free like a puppy. My ES 300 was pretty trashed when I got it. The friend who gave it to me has helped restore it. It's gold exterior and we parted out a red Es300. My car now looks like Ironman.

I've gotten lots of help searching this forum, figured I should join and start giving back.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-image.jpg  
Old 07-12-15, 05:32 PM
DennisCB
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rbliss
There's two kinds of free; free like a lunch and free like a puppy. My ES 300 was pretty trashed when I got it. The friend who gave it to me has helped restore it. It's gold exterior and we parted out a red Es300. My car now looks like Ironman.

I've gotten lots of help searching this forum, figured I should join and start giving back.
not my color
Old 07-13-15, 08:03 AM
Rbliss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DennisCB
not my color
LOL. I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to sell it. Mostly the color scheme was a matter of necessity. The gold one had body damage the red one didn't. It does make it easy to find in a parking lot.
Old 07-13-15, 11:49 AM
DennisCB
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rbliss
LOL. I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to sell it. Mostly the color scheme was a matter of necessity. The gold one had body damage the red one didn't. It does make it easy to find in a parking lot.
cheap fix don't blame you for doing it
Old 07-14-15, 12:58 AM
LexiES330
Driver School Candidate

Default New To CL

I have an 05 ES330 roughly 104k on her. Have a few mods on her and I will post pictures later. but for now I am just saying hello!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!