ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Old 03-26-15, 01:41 PM
brett611
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheLandYac
New Lexus owner here, 2005 ES330. Only 3 days so far, so not much to say about it...althought I love the way it drives. Only complaints so far are;

3. A bit of shake/wobble at speed (50+), pre-purchase inspector thinks bent/warped front wheel?
I just picked up a 2004 ES 330 and noticed some vibration, shake, wobble at 60+, but not in the steering wheel itself. It seemed to come and go a bit so we'll see. Good luck with yours, if you do get a definitive reason for this please let me know. I'll do the same
Old 04-07-15, 12:48 PM
RstyNtegra
Driver School Candidate

Hello Club Lexus
Bought my Lex and signed up here last June, and finally decided to introduce myself. I have a 99 ES300, black with tan leather interior. So far I've retroed my headlights with Morimoto 6.0 projectors, Morimoto ballasts and the latest 5500k Morimoto XB bulbs. Changed the tail lights to 00-01 and the rims to 2010 Honda Crosstour 18s. They have 225/40/18 tires with 10mm bolt on spacers and custom lexus center caps which I made myself. Drop coming soon!

Old 04-08-15, 03:14 PM
ninerfanAZ
Driver School Candidate

Default New!

Hey everybody, just got my 2001 Lexus ES300 Coach edition. Excited to learn about this nice

car!

Old 04-08-15, 07:44 PM
Storm1445
Driver School Candidate

Default I just got a 1999 ES300

Hi guys my name is Brendan and I just inherited an ES300 from my grandmother who can no longer drive. I love my new Lexus and I will take pictures of it and start posting them It is white with grey colored trim and a creme interior
Old 04-09-15, 07:53 PM
mroark
Driver School Candidate

Default ...owner of 96 and 02 ES300, reporting as ordered, sir....

just wanted to check in and am pleased to report that I just bought (last week) a 2002 ES300 , with ONLY 52,800 miles.... I have a 96 es300 with 212,000 miles , but unfortunately the transmission is going out, and I am afraid to drive it any lengthy distance. (anyone interested in the 96, let me know).

Anyhow, My wife and I actually went to the Lexus dealership to look at a Toyota avalon that we saw online. upon arrival, the salesman advised that it had been sold, but just the day before, the 2002 ES300 was traded in for a 2014. It hadn't even made it to their detail shop yet. He showed it to us and it looked like it came off the show room floor. We tried our best to find a scratch/nick , ANYTHING, but without any luck. The interior looked brand spanking new, also, let alone crystal clear glass headlights.

The only negative thing about the vehicle was that there wasn't any service history since 30,000 miles... So I am having to do a little backtracking on what services I need to have done to it right off the bat. The only question that I am dealing with now that has me stumped, is whether or not to go ahead and replace the timing belt/waterpump. Although its only got close to 53,000 miles on it , it is a 13 year old car. I've spoke with others here on this forum about it , along with the service dept @ Lexus. It basically boils down to "6 years or 90,000 miles. Whichever comes first.

Oh well, I'll probably get it done to play it safe, in a month or two. In the meantime, I will enjoy my membership here at Club Lexus....
Old 04-14-15, 12:24 PM
ab300
Driver School Candidate

Default been with my baby forever it feels like

Wassup people, Im angus from the Bay Area, CA:
Just recently bought this beauty in november of 2014 and it has been a dream ever since.
Recent fixes:
New spark plugs
New OEM brakes
Tune-up
new air filter
I have been browsing the forums as long as Ive had the car just now thought, I should register and join.

Last edited by ab300; 04-14-15 at 11:05 PM. Reason: too much information
Old 04-14-15, 08:51 PM
ItisZZeta
Driver School Candidate

Hello! I've had my 2000 Lexus ES300 for about two years, for a time I wasn't using it too much, now though it's my current daily driver

Oops, it's in greyscale xD <br/><br/>I'll make sure to upload an actual color picture soon.

I joined this forum to know more about my car, and cars in general
Old 04-16-15, 11:27 AM
Couchmech
Driver School Candidate

Hey I have a 2001 Lexus es300 been having problems in acceleration, no engine light, recently change air filter, fuel filter, fuel pump,recently change oil. Not sure what is the problem is.
Old 04-16-15, 10:18 PM
FiOSDave
Driver School Candidate

My 2000 ES300 Gold Platinum edition with 86,000 miles was totaled when I was hit by a teenager, driving a Jeep with roll and crash bars! Luckily I got away with minor injuries.
I loved that car and it looked like it was brand new before getting crunched. I did manage to salvage a few parts, which I have been selling on eBay! My only complaint is that Lexus cheapened up the manual binder! The old one was leather as opposed to the new, cloth/plastic one. Needing a new vehicle, I test drove four different cars and decided on my brand new 2015 Lexus ES300H. I was getting around 22mpg with the older car. As soon as I find a good picture of both of my cars, I will post them here!
Old 05-11-15, 04:59 AM
mugencivic
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigolES
Greetings everyone!
I'm just a youngster compared to everyone else (17 in high school), but I am in love with my car. Yes, it was a hand-me-down car from my grandparents to my sister to me, but that's how cars go in my family. I'm very grateful to have a car at all, and what a beautiful car to have!!

I own a 1997 ES300. No major servicing yet (Knock on wood) I do the oil changes myself, and I'm going to have a professional take a look at it once we hit the big 100,000 mile mark. It's at 98,200 miles right now. The furthest trip it's made is from Pittsburgh to Hershey Pennsylvania.

My sister was backed into at a red light, so I had a large chunk out of the front bumper. An aftermarket bumper was cheaper than OEM so I convinced my dad to have one put on professionally. I must say, it looks fantastic. It's a VIS VIP racing bumper. I have included a before and after picture and a picture of the car, freshly washed and waxed

thats something i would of done if i had a check from the insurance to fix my whip lol
Old 05-11-15, 05:02 AM
mugencivic
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RstyNtegra
Hello Club Lexus
Bought my Lex and signed up here last June, and finally decided to introduce myself. I have a 99 ES300, black with tan leather interior. So far I've retroed my headlights with Morimoto 6.0 projectors, Morimoto ballasts and the latest 5500k Morimoto XB bulbs. Changed the tail lights to 00-01 and the rims to 2010 Honda Crosstour 18s. They have 225/40/18 tires with 10mm bolt on spacers and custom lexus center caps which I made myself. Drop coming soon!

the projectors look good, were the easy to install? i'm thinking of doing the Q45 projectors from my ES, but it may be a tight fit.
Old 05-12-15, 10:17 AM
jbar2016
Driver School Candidate

Hey, im new to clublexus and to toyota/lexus as an owner.

I have owned my lexus maybe 15 days, the body has seen better days, it seems the old owner had a crazy gf who keyed every surface of the body, took a bat to the drivers front and rear fenders, roof, and put a hole in the hood with either a knife or axe... There is even remnants of the back windshield in the trunk.

Well i fixed the rear fender with my body repair kit, just needs paint now, im going to replace the hood and fender.

Anyway i really like the way the car rides, and i was surprised about all the features in the car because of the year

Besides body, it runs like new. Even though it needs a knock sensor and the high pressure ps line is leaking where the metal and rubber mate, i stopped the ground leak with a papertowel and zipties, a diaper in sorts.

Anyway any suggestions or ideas i should know about being a new lexus owner
Old 05-12-15, 04:28 PM
lancefiles
Driver School Candidate

Hello I'm Lance , (Been here a minute but just got around to participating ) This is my 2001 Lexus es300 Coach edition !!!!! Had it for a year and love this car .....,

Old 05-12-15, 06:19 PM
Erglen
Driver School Candidate

Just bought a 2004 ES330 with 17500 miles on it. Have to get used to using the sight.
Old 05-16-15, 11:28 PM
LexusL0ve7
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello Everyone

Hi everyone,

My name's Jason. I'm 37 from Connecticut.

I decided to Join this Lexus Forum because i recently purchased a used 1998 Lexus es 300 and i think it might be a good idea to be a member here not only for advice on my car, but also talk and mingle with others who before i fell in love with thier Lexus car.

About my car,

First off i have to admit, it was a 100% impulse buy, on my way to see the car, in my head i was thinking it's a 1998 and a 14 year old car. i almost didn't even go look at it for that reason. I was actually going to see a 2003 Acura CL coupe at 5pm and the way the guy was boasting about his car and how mint it was and this and that, i probably would of bought it because i could tell he needed money and i could of got a good deal.

So it's about noon, middle of july 2014, what the hell am i gonna do till 5pm to go see this Acura CL Coupe,, So i hop on craigs List, i'm looking at the cars for sale, My dad has a 2009 honda civic and i liked it, so i was looking at 2007-2009 Civic Coupes with about 100,000 miles since i only had $7,000 to my name and i wanted to spend that money wisely and get a decent reliable car.

So i see the Ad for the 1998 Lexus es300 with 70,500 miles, in Mint condition, Timing Belt just done at 70k , Must See, but there was no picture, anyways i call the number and it was an elderly gentleman who said i can come right now and see the car.

On my way i was saying to myself it's a 1998, I just blew $2000 on a 1998 Volvo which turned out to be a Lemon, (long story my dad pushed me into it) and a nightmare beyond belief. So i was real nervous about another 1998.

So i pull up to the house i saw the car, i said to myself that's a 1998? Hmmm , Looks nice.

Now the Older gentleman , has his grandson showing me the car and in charge of making the sale. Now first let me say that was wise by the old man because i can negotiate like a champion.

So the kids telling me all about the car this and that , yea yea lets drive it.. so we get in the car, he drove i got in the passanger seat, first impression, i say to myself dam, are you sure this is a 1998? oh there's a tape deck i guess it is but i never seen a 1998 car look this good.

told this kid pull over lert me drive, SOON AS i hit the gas pedal i wanted that car, drove like a champion, my dads 2009 civic drives nice, this 1998 Lexus puts it to shame in every category.

i want this car bad, Asked what's the best price they can give me.. $7000 was the answer.

i wanted the car bad, i told him i'll give you $5000 right now.. nope he says, $5500.. nope, i said let me talk to your grandfather.. he says nope i'm making the sale.. errr i wanted to punch this kid in the face.. i said come on buddy work with me , he said $7000 no less.. I pulled $6500 out my pocket and he said no.. i got pissed because i'm usually able to negotiate a deal and i called him an ******* and started walking back to my lemon volvo.. just the look of the Lemon pissed me off even more and i turned around walked back to the house pulled $7000 out my pocket and called the kid a crook, he's laughing at me, i'm still pissed, but i wanted that car bad.

So i goto register it,, what i owe $1000 in back taxes..dam parked the car and it took me a couple weeks to pay the back taxes,, goto register the car again, $120 for registration ok cool, like $600 more for taxes i couldn't believe it lol.. so the car sat another week.

Finally registerd the car, and i love it.

But now i have everyone telling me i paid way too much for the car, i got ripped off and i could of got something way newer. i made a big mistake.

So now i'm nervous. did i make a mistake? it was an impulse buy..

So i couldn't take it anymore so i goto the lexus dealer and talk to the mechanics , told them the story i just told you guys, The Mechanic says to me, don't listen to anyone that is putting you down, yea you paid top dollar for this car but honestly he says i got a real good deal because it's hard to find that model in Mint condition like it was in.. he said this car is practically show room condition. i had all the origianal paperwork for the car, even the window sticker, he said you just paid $7000 but you got a $35,000 car in mint condition.. not only that But A Lexus in mint condition that will last a long time if i take care of it.

Mybe he was just trying to ake me feel better , idk, but i love my car and i'm happy i got it.

Even tho i still see cars for sale and in my head i'm like dam, i could of got that, dam i could of got that..newer cars but with way more miles.

Let me end this before i keep rambling,

buying this Lexus in my opinion was the best move i ever made as far as buying a car goes. Did i over pay? maybe, so what.. it puts alot of newer cars to shame.

Sorry for the long story but that's how i came to own my Lexus
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call &amp; introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex1-2-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call &amp; introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex-2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call &amp; introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex3.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call &amp; introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_20140916_155347-1-.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call &amp; introduction thread, POST HERE!-lex5.jpg  

Last edited by LexusL0ve7; 05-16-15 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!