ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

I WANA GO FAST!-ricky bobby. 97 es300

Old 01-16-13, 01:17 PM
ohhsoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I WANA GO FAST!-ricky bobby. 97 es300

EDIT: i decided to stick with the es since it doesnt seem like i can get the price im looking for so i was just curious abt what type of gains i can get with intake headers exhaust port and polish and if anyone knows of anywhere tht tunes this engine kind of like apr for german cars...tht or i know a shop not far that does dyno tunes they do alot of work on subies but also do any other car.. thnks for the help...

p.s
wld the injen intake for 97 v6 camry 1mz work on out cars i know the engine bays look pretty similar and its the exact same engine so i dont see y not but all i can find for the es is the weapon r short ram and im not too familiar with that brand and wasnt sure what to expect from it...

so the title basically explains it i have a 97 es300 it use to be my grandmothers car so its in amazing shape with only 61k miles on it. i dont want to sell it because i want to keep it in the family since it has some sentimental value. i was looking into manual swap so from what i understand i need the e153.. can i use one from a mr2 or it has to be 97-01 camry..i read tht i can use the tran from the 4 cylinder i kno i need the pedal assembly and all that good stuff so ill prob need a donor clip more than likely. i want to try to keep it all motor F/I has the potential for too many probs and its my daily driver. any way i heard about 3mz hybrid with the 1mz but my car is pre vvt-i so is it still possible. i found headers etc for the 1mz but i want more power lol. i like the luxury aspect especially since its mint and a family thing.. .help please ...thanks

open to suggestions on motors and trans looking for around 300hp ish. i know abt the trd kit but cant find them anywhere and like i said reliability is an issue and tht def wont help gas mileage. if i can keep the stock motor and build it thats always an option i just prefer it to be manual. wld high comp pistons, rods and stuff get me to the 300 mark? and any stroker kits available?

any info please add parts needed and where i can get them... sorry for the bad grammar and run on sentences i wrote this in a rush

Last edited by ohhsoo; 01-26-13 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-16-13, 02:29 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,677 Likes on 2,267 Posts

No. .....................
Old 01-16-13, 04:15 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I have to agree with the above poster.

You have a low mileage ES, why ruin it? Keep it stock, or sell it! I know tons of people who would love to get their hands on a low mileage ES.
Old 01-16-13, 04:55 PM
marcoes300
Lead Lap

GLP motorsports are very good if you want to make it done by professional. There price are good and the quality of there work are amazing. there is the facebook link if you want to talk to them or see some project they have completed on camry and lexus : https://www.facebook.com/GLPMotorsports
Old 01-16-13, 09:51 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

What is your mechanical experience like? Do you know how to do a swap? I may be wrong, but I get the impression that you just got your license and this is your first car. (manual swap and more power) Think rationally about what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 01-16-13, 10:44 PM
MrShim78
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a fast modded car, sell the ES and get a smaller "modder's" car like a civic or something. you can easily sell a low mileage ES , i am sure there are many buyers who would want a car like that.
i think taking the first mod that far will no doubt ruin the car. its not that you may or may not have the skill.
its just that these cars are precision engineered and there isnt much support on crazy mods. i'd agree with the other posters. leave it stock. or sell it and get a 98-06 civic to mod.
Old 01-24-13, 11:25 PM
ohhsoo
Driver School Candidate

i do have some experience i had a foxbody and built it. me and my friend preformed swaps on Subarus and a few hondas...i dont think the auto to manual swap is in the cards cuz its honestly not worth it. im not looking to make the power i did in my mustang but i would like to have a little more than the 190 i have now =( . i was re thinking and basic bolt ons like intake headers exhaust would give it a little more pick up.. im doing some research on a cam for it but i feel like that might be a little much...found some coil overs and im a geek squad auto tech so i decided not to spend as much on the performance mods and put the money into the sound system...i dont want to get rid of it because like i said its my grandmothers old car and it has some sentimental value but if someone offered me enough i wldnt have a problem letting it go...its been on craigslist for a few weeks now and i havent had anyone interested in it...any suggestions on how much i should expect to get for it realistically... im gona post the link to the add please let me know what u guys think....i found someone w a 02 wrx wagon w 123k on it who was interested in a trade.. im looking for a wagon cuz i like the extra trunk space and im just a fan of wagons lol....heres the add if i decide to keep it what do u guys think abt the mods i have in mind and if the price i have it posted as is reasonable for the car... http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/3569993229.html
Old 01-25-13, 01:06 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

your requirements are too unrealistic.
power and reliability don't usually go together.

only way for our cars to go beyond 300hp is forced induction. having a trd supercharger is the most reliable option, after all its made by trd
Old 01-25-13, 09:00 AM
rlx101
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

do not mod that car. sell it. repeat after me. do not mod that car. sell it.

its a financial mistake, to keep it and mod it. its getting up there in years and its not going to be a collectable anytime soon. sell it and get something newer and more appropriate to go FAST (if thats what you wish) for not much more money!
Old 01-25-13, 10:20 AM
h8snow
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Modded

97 with 61k miles that car has great resale value and will sell . What what happens when you get you hands in it with those go fast mods. Enjoy.
Old 01-25-13, 11:18 AM
ohhsoo
Driver School Candidate

not looking to make over 300 in this car thts what i did with the mustang and which is the reason i sold it..it was my daily driver with a 6 puck and full heads cams and bolt ons and making 400hp with a daily driver got frustrating because i wasnt always in the mood to drive a race car...and dont even get me started if the streets were even slightly damp u were sideways or facing the wrong direction..im not looking to make any insane power cuz i kno the more power the less reliable on a car like this..but what type of gains can i expect with intake, headers, exhaust, port and polish, and if i can find a tune or someone who even knows how to tune this car....and do u know if were able to use the cold air intake from camrys on our car..its for the same year and same non vvt-i engine..thanks for all the input everyone its greatly appreciated.
Old 01-25-13, 01:41 PM
MrShim78
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good move on trying to sell the car. but i dont think you can get 7600 for it, i bought my 97 for 4,000.
anyway, good luck, maybe you can, let us know what happens! hope it sells for a good price
Old 01-25-13, 01:48 PM
marcoes300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by EEngineer
your requirements are too unrealistic.
power and reliability don't usually go together.

only way for our cars to go beyond 300hp is forced induction. having a trd supercharger is the most reliable option, after all its made by trd
And to get 300 hp you will have to do other upgrades,,, its a 5000 $ + bill ( manual tranny, motor build, ) and you will have to upgrade brakes , like others say, sell the car to buy something already modded or easier to mod. but you will alway put money in your car then ...
Old 01-25-13, 07:03 PM
ohhsoo
Driver School Candidate

I'm not looking to get 300 I'm just curious as to what type of gains I can get with the mods I listed. Will this intake work cuz the only one available is the weapon r and I think this one might be a little better and possibly give me more of a up gain http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota...e00128790.html

Other than a junkyard where can I get the 5 speed tranny and other stuff I need for the swap if I decide to do it. I wld really appreciate any info on the gains to expect from p&p, intake, headers, exhaust. Is there any company tht has tunes for our engines similar to apr tunes for vdubs and stuff or wld my only option be a custom dyno tune.

Last edited by ohhsoo; 01-25-13 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-25-13, 07:11 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

if you really want a modded fast lexus pick up an IS or SC

otherwise the money u use to make 300 hp on that ES is gonna cost as much as getting a new car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I WANA GO FAST!-ricky bobby. 97 es300