ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Clicking noise coming from engine among other things.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-12, 12:20 PM
klg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking noise coming from engine among other things.

I started having problems with my car in early summer and I took it to Meineke BIG BIG BIG mistake!!! I had posted on here about them saying my fan needed replaced, well the hydrolic motor anyway. So I bought a use done and had them put it on. Well about a month later it was doing the same thing that it was doing when I first took it in there. Then they determined it needed a new distributor and rotor. My car has since been going down hill after they have touched it. They screwd up my car the first time and said that it would run rough after changing the distributor and that it would slowly go away.
Yeah right my car barely wanted to leave their parking lot. Then when got it home I realized the windows and seats were not working so I high taled it back there and told them hey look you broke this you fix it everything was working when I brought it to you. Oh and to top that off they were messing with my exhaust and tore the flex tape off of it while they were replacing my distributor. Why they were under there in the first place make no sense to me at all. So anyway he tell me that the flex pipe needs replaced so I am like ok well then I guess fix it while you have it here fixing the things you already messed up on it.
They had my car for almost 2 weeks and tell me it was a fuse but that it kept blowing and they did not know why but they would track it down. So then when I go pick it up I asked what was the problem he said oh it was the fuse. I said that is what you told me to begin with but you said it kept blowing.Well that's what it was he said. Anyhow that noght I go to lock my doors and my locks don't work then I realize my dome light doesn't work and the trunk button doesn't work. Mind you this ALL worked when I took it in there. And it's weird how the fuel door button works but not the trunk.
So I am pretty ticked off and I call their corporate office. They don't want to do crap about it. The Manager at the shop is lying and saying they had nothing to do with the things not working. I call Bull crap on that because funny how the things I was complaining about did work again and other things don't work now. They refuse to take the blame for it. Oh yeah they alos messed up my exhaust. They welded the pipe on the wrong way and also did a crappy job on the weld and it was leaking. I had to take it somewhere else to have it repaired because I was not going to let them touch my car again.
I also didn't mention about how my break line misteriously started leaking to the day I brought it home. Ok so now the real reason I started this post my car is making a ticking noise similar to when a car is low on oil or out of oil when I put it in gear and when I am stopped I can here it. The car has a rear seal leak but I check it regularly because of this and the oil is still full. What could be causing this clicking? It is coming form the engine. I thought it was the exhaust at first but after he repaired it it was still making the noise. I have also been in fear that I have a cracked head gasket but I do not have any of the signs of that except when the cap is off and you start the car the antifreeze starts to come out.
I do have to fill the resivour every now and then but there is no smell and the oil does not look milky or like there is any water in it. If this was a blown or cracked head gasket would it cause the car to make a clicking noise? Also my engine light came on a few weeks ago and a mechanic told me it had dirty injectors that the fuel was running rich.
I added seafoam and the light went off but not for long it came back on the other day. I added more seafoam and it is still on. This car is a 92 I have put alot of money in this car since I bought it in Feb. and I am about ready to run it into a tree It only has 146000 miles on it, and it is or was the only reliable transportation I have. Can anyone please help me?

Last edited by klg; 11-18-12 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-18-12, 03:16 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,708 Likes on 2,293 Posts

Paragraphs needed, that is too hard to read.
Old 11-18-12, 03:26 PM
klg
Driver School Candidate

I hope this helps.
Old 11-19-12, 12:15 PM
Gchutes
Rookie

I think you should cut your loses and look up a new mechanic on yelp so you can see what other people have to say...