ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-12, 10:41 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

its simple.

lower it, get some rims.

people will definitely know its a teen car.

all said and done, its an ES. Hell sometimes people even think I'm this old middle aged person and I'm in a GS thats considerably modded (lowered, exhaust, roof spoiler, etc.)

Lexus has always targeted somewhat wealthy middle aged people (not everyone can afford a 60k+ brand new car). Only recently has it started moving to the younger crowd with the IS.
Old 11-13-12, 07:13 PM
JSM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheapest easist mode you can make that screams teen..... get a bumper sticker that reads, "MY MOMMY & DADDY BOUGHT ME THIS CAR!"

Sorry I couldn't resist!!!
Old 11-14-12, 12:18 AM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andybisnut
I'm gonna echo what Hypervish and others here have said: keep it stock. If you keep the car for a while, you'll get older and then wonder why you made it look like a teeny-bopper car. I am older than you, but when I first got my ES300, I thought about what do to to make it look sportier. The car has really grown on me, and now I really like it the way it is. It's classy. Although at some point, somebody stuck hideous chrome strips to my pillars, which I did remove.
I agree, for me my story is basically 4 months ago, I bought my '03 ES300 and just continually thinking how I could change this car up a bit. Thankfully, I didn't change anything except I changed all the interior lights to white LEDs. But even that I'm starting to regret, it looks nice but I think I would have much rather saved the money and kept it stock.
Old 11-14-12, 12:27 AM
PuReChaos
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Elextricin
I did (before they got it). I wanted a new Lexus or Infiniti but I guess it just didn't work out. As I said before, they could be stingy/selfish at times (they are both Accountants, lol)..

But i like what I have, they're sexy cars. Anythings better than my last POS car (and im not interested in street racing, i was just curious)
I hardly know where to begin. I'm a senior in college and I've owned two cars. The first being a Toyota Corolla with 100k miles on it. I had to BUY it from my parents as they wanted me to learn the value of saving up and making a major purchase. My second being a '03 ES 300, which I bought from my grandmother's estate after she passed for bluebook value. You are extremely fortunate that your parents even got you anything. I myself have parents who are wealthy partners (attorneys) at law firms in the bay area, but the thought of getting me a car hadn't even crossed their mind. Your parents aren't in the least bit stingy or selfish. Go out and get a job and learn the value of what your parents are so generously giving you. The truth is, they won't always be around to provide for you so you better start now.
Old 11-14-12, 03:17 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Originally Posted by JSM
Cheapest easist mode you can make that screams teen..... get a bumper sticker that reads, "MY MOMMY & DADDY BOUGHT ME THIS CAR!"

Sorry I couldn't resist!!!
LOL, where can these bumper stickers be found?
Old 11-14-12, 07:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Parents do their kids such a disservice by letting them turn out this way. Life's going to teach you some hard lessons.
Old 11-14-12, 11:50 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

Time will teach you a few good lessons, hopefully. For now, avoid spending money on the car and focus on your education. You'll soon realize that nobody cares about what you own - it's about who you are.
Old 03-20-13, 08:36 PM
msekanha
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a gift so it's technically mine

Plus, I deserve it since they got me some crappy '01 Kia Sephia with a busted LOUD MUFFLER when I was in HS. I'm scarred for life from all the embarassment I had to endure when I had to pull up in my school parking lot and this little tiny Kia sounded like a freight train.
Kids are so unappreciative these days lol
Old 03-21-13, 07:28 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I did (before they got it). I wanted a new Lexus or Infiniti but I guess it just didn't work out. As I said before, they could be stingy/selfish at times (they are both Accountants, lol)
Thank you for the advice, everyone. My mo&dad are gonna buy me rims. Any suggestions that arent too pricey?
...they're buying him custom wheels, and they're stingy. Talk about ungrateful.

Last edited by Chocolate; 03-21-13 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-21-13, 07:44 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

What a twerp.
Old 03-21-13, 08:23 AM
rlx101
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??
lol trying to make a car something that its not? the target customer for lexus is 40+ folks, professionals and retired population. Do you think people really waste their time thinking about what kind of car somebody drives?

I dont really care what person next to me is driving.

The only reason i got lexus es is because it is toyota camry platform and it is reliable/much more comfortable than camry. I do not care about the brand. period.
Old 03-22-13, 11:51 AM
rlx101
Advanced

lol on a second thought you are driving your dad's and mom's car

Hey, i'm a teenager and my parents got me an '06 ES330.

.. But I want other drivers to think it's mine instead of thinking i'm some kind of kid driving daddy's or mommy's car.
Old 03-26-13, 09:03 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to offer up any judgements or character analyses.
(I've never heard of anyone's mindset or way-of-life being completely changed by a caustic forum comment anyway )

I'm just going to post a few cleanly-modified 4th generation ESs for inspiration for you. Use them as you will. IMHO that last one "
153wto1.jpg (34.4 KB)" is wallpaper-rotation-worthy. Wow.

There are also 21 pages of hot ES/Windom pics in this sticky thread where folks post up pics of ESs and Windoms that they've found or snapped where the car is in benchmark condition: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...t-pics-21.html

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??-18145win14.jpg   What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??-18145win94.jpg   What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??-18145win_13.jpg   What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??-2zyvnyo.jpg   What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??-153wto1.jpg  

Old 03-26-13, 02:53 PM
JoshTittle
Driver School Candidate

haha, insurance for me is $400 a MONTH! And that is since I have somebody in my parent's network who cuts us a deal (so we would normally be paying more). The insurance is in my parents name: not mine and they have perfect driving records also. I have no tickets or anything either.

What region of ny are you from? what insurance do you have?
THATS CRAZY! I am 24 and my insurance is only $600 per year for full coverage and its in my name.
Old 03-27-13, 08:58 AM
rlx101
Advanced

thats crazy.

400$ month * 2 years = $9600.

This is enough to start a small business, could be driving your own lexus by the time you are in mid 20's if successful, but sounds like you care more about how your car looks.

Quick Reply: What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??