ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 02:10 PM
JonnysES
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you can see me scraping away the loose clear, then where I waxed her(used dawn on purpose). The picture in the garage is the finished product. Then there is shot of the headlight before I started wet sanding them, Then there is the picture of the right one done and the left one untouched. Some more pics later. As always
Attached Thumbnails The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-10.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-11-2-.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-11.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-12.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-15.jpg  

Old 10-01-12, 10:10 PM
JonnysES
Driver

The driver headlight after wet sanding, low then high beam. Notice how much brighter the driver side is than the passenger, more focused too. Then you have my little system slapped in over factory with just Infinity door speakers in the front doors. They bump harder than just about any 10's I've heard in my town. Old Jack in the box run, yes it was good and on the way home I raced a Acura integra b18c with a couple mods on the interstate before you guys go around saying don't race it was on a deserted highway with clear visibility. Beat him on a 20, 40, 60, and 80 roll all to a 100 except the 80 we got up to like 110 pretty sad how bad I killed that Acura and he was a 5 speed. See how nasty the shifter used to look? Now it's BLAKKKK! As always JonnysES is
Attached Thumbnails The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-13.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-14.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-17.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-19.jpg  
Old 10-02-12, 12:08 AM
EEngineer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

love the last pic hehe
Old 10-02-12, 12:32 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Originally Posted by EEngineer
love the last pic hehe
haha I was drinking mine while I beat that Acura XD.

Not to be on your jock bro, but it's honorable to have you on my thread, been following your build for quite some time now excellent work.

Last edited by JonnysES; 10-02-12 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-02-12, 05:13 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Here is some filler for you guys, Sweet baby Jesus is that a good site lol on F FTW. Then an example of the parking at my school keep in mind I see this exact truck parked poorly about every morning. Explains how my door got hit. Then a sexy picture through an unused corner building at Subway.
Attached Thumbnails The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-20.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-22.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-21.jpg  
Old 10-02-12, 02:29 PM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

next time you scrape off the clearcoat, make sure its wet! and yeah you def gotta sand out and polish those lights!
haha a full tank of gas!

hey at least your cluster needles work
Old 10-02-12, 08:59 PM
JonnysES
Driver

Originally Posted by gabzor
next time you scrape off the clearcoat, make sure its wet! and yeah you def gotta sand out and polish those lights!
haha a full tank of gas!

hey at least your cluster needles work
Wet? I had no idea. I'll make sure to do it the next time I scrape some off. I did Gabe scroll up a bit lol, that picture was just a couple weeks old, if you look at the through glass shot it's newish the headlights are done. Yup 93 Octane too XD. I plan to do a mod on the entire car make it all blue to match my aftermarket headunit maybe a orange or red or rgb led's that I can change with a **** or something.
Old 10-03-12, 12:33 AM
JonnysES
Driver

As you can see by the pictures it's clearly a race car...lol.
My door handle clip broke so I fixed that right up and put infinity door speakers in.
There she is on the race car only lift getting her race exhaust patched up. See were some tool welded in a straight piece of pipe where the flex pipe should be? Just replaced that seized flange all together. Would've cut the resonator out but we'll keep it stock for now XD.

Attached Thumbnails The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-2011-12-23-14.30.40.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-2012-03-02-11.28.02.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-2012-03-02-12.25.29.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-2012-03-02-11.28.25.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-2012-03-02-12.25.37.jpg  

Last edited by JonnysES; 10-03-12 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 12:56 AM
JonnysES
Driver

By the way this was back when I first got my old girl, I've cleaned the motor up a lot since then, and the synthetic oil stopped my minor major leaks I blame that on the additive package and Valvoline max life sealed the trans right up. Plus I ran a bottle of Lucas at the end of my last interval before I swapped in That napa oil helped my leaks out a lot.
Old 10-03-12, 01:12 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha my mom had the lights polished.. they still look like crap -__-
not to mention the projectors are still dirty as hell..

synthetic stopped leaks? ha! thats a first i've heard but thats good haha
napa synthethic doesn't sound too bad.. shoot seems much cheaper than 6.50 cheapest for mobil 1 for my old benz..

and 93 octane.. full tank hahaha where i live its 4.60 average for 91 octane :/
93 doesn't exist here

i won't agree with you that its a sports car till i see some real mods! haha j/k keep the pics coming

btw you seem pretty good with cars.. how long did you own the ES for?
Old 10-03-12, 02:33 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Well you have to wet sand them to really do anything worth while. See how bad they were before hand? I'll post a picture up today of what it looks like. At first it dripped where it just gunked up with conv. at the leaks before. That's mainly because synthetic burns at much higher temps so it runs off the motor before it burns. I went from crappy quick lube type oil with a fram type filter to what is basically a wix filter and Valvoline synthetic, the seal conditioners in that oil sealed her up for the most part no more drips. But I occasionally get smoke the next morning after a hard night of cruising. We have 87,91,93 100 in some places. I put in some 100 octane and holy **** was she hauling ***. Then i went back to 87 I can really feel the difference . I know it's a boat car not a sports car, I just like saying the whole race car thing. See haha.
Oh I didn't chose the trunk life, the trunk life choose me.
My grandpa bought the car July 2011, I have been driving her since august of last year. I've done all the work to it that it's needed except the axles. I was in Florida when he bought it so he did those before I got back. As time went by I saved enough and bought it from him for what he payed($800). I've got 1,300 in her so far not including basic maintenance. Been beating it for a year over 11,000 miles runs way better than when I got it. That's why I say race car :P. Oh and I've been into cars for a very long time and we had a white es300 for many years that we still have but it's parked now. Only thing I stole from it was a ball joint when I wrecked the black one, and the seats so it saved me a little money otherwise would've hit the pull-a-part for seats.
Attached Thumbnails The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-546188_437137239657979_886138938_n.jpg   The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.-184074_437874136250956_1892240087_n.jpg  
Old 10-03-12, 06:34 AM
Green6er
Driver School Candidate

Horsepower

When you gonna get some mods done on the ole' boat?
Old 10-03-12, 09:08 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Originally Posted by Green6er
Horsepower

When you gonna get some mods done on the ole' boat?
Soon, ebay intake will be the first lol. Let me get long tube headers a safc-II and a intake and lets see who's car is faster lol.
Old 10-03-12, 10:12 AM
Green6er
Driver School Candidate

haha let me get my motor built and tuned and i will gladly race you
Old 10-03-12, 11:16 AM
JonnysES
Driver

Originally Posted by Green6er
haha let me get my motor built and tuned and i will gladly race you
I'm sure you will :P, you know stock for stock mine is much faster, don't be jacking my thread William, you *** lol. I was kidding about the long tubes, might get some obx headers and make a custom y pipe.

Last edited by JonnysES; 10-03-12 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: The Black Phantom Project pic heavy, come inside.