Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES300 and ES330
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Backyard Mechanics: Did I do this right?

Old 04-16-14, 06:28 PM   #46
MrBooby
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Trouble shooting the harness should be fairly simple, if we find a wiring diagram for it. You will need to test each wire for Continuity (a solid connection), with a Multimeter. If you don't have a multimeter, they're very affordable and a great piece of diagnostic equipment. I have all the wiring diagrams for the 3ES, if you need them as well.

Awaiting your update.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
MrBooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 06:56 PM   #47
Jaden1
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Yes, I have a multimeter, it's how I tested for the correct resistance on the solenoids within the actuator. For testing the continuity of the harness, don't have to have one of the test leads at the other end of the harness, i.e. computer plug to actuator?
Jaden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 07:09 PM   #48
MrBooby
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden1 View Post
Yes, I have a multimeter, it's how I tested for the correct resistance on the solenoids within the actuator. For testing the continuity of the harness, don't have to have one of the test leads at the other end of the harness, i.e. computer plug to actuator?
You're correct. I'm thinking that there is more wires to the ABS system, than just from the ABS computer to the actuator. I just need to figure out which ones to check.
Old 04-18-14, 04:29 PM   #49
Jaden1
Rookie

Grrrr.... the replacement computer didn't fix the problem. Same codes. So, it's definitely in the wiring. At least I now know for sure where the problem is.
Old 04-18-14, 07:07 PM   #50
MrBooby
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Grrrr.... the replacement computer didn't fix the problem. Same codes. So, it's definitely in the wiring. At least I now know for sure where the problem is.
That's great news, now we know that we have the same problem. Are the ABS codes exactly the same as before you replaced anything?

I will try checking my wires and see if I find any useful info. Thank you for your efforts
Old 04-19-14, 09:35 AM   #51
Jaden1
Rookie

Yup, same exact codes: 21, 22, 23, & 24. I can't imagine all of these circuits having a short in them, so I'm thinking it has to be something else. At a lost on what to do next.
Old 04-19-14, 09:43 AM   #52
MrBooby
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Yup, same exact codes: 21, 22, 23, & 24. I can't imagine all of these circuits having a short in them, so I'm thinking it has to be something else. At a lost on what to do next.
It could very well be a bad/loose connector. Plastic gets brittle, the wires don't make good contact.
Old 07-02-14, 08:29 PM   #53
Jaden1
Rookie

So, after replacing the ABS computer and the ABS actuator with no luck, my alternator went out, I replaced it and all of the codes are gone. I guess it was the alternator causing the problem, but you would think the ABS computer would have thrown a low voltage code instead of 21, 22, 23, 24. Anyway, I'm happy to be rid of the problem. I remember reading somewhere else that another person had the same experience. So, make sure to check your alternator voltage before going crazy trying to trace down these ABS codes.
Old 07-03-14, 01:46 AM   #54
MrBooby
Lexus Champion

Quote:
So, after replacing the ABS computer and the ABS actuator with no luck, my alternator went out, I replaced it and all of the codes are gone. I guess it was the alternator causing the problem, but you would think the ABS computer would have thrown a low voltage code instead of 21, 22, 23, 24. Anyway, I'm happy to be rid of the problem. I remember reading somewhere else that another person had the same experience. So, make sure to check your alternator voltage before going crazy trying to trace down these ABS codes.
That is great to hear!

It'a funny you mention the alternator, because I also recently replaced my alternator and I have not seen the ABS light in a long time. I'm gonna see when was the last time I recorded any codes and compare them to the alternator date.

It's crazy how everything that seems so complicated on this car, turns out being so simple.
Old 07-03-14, 01:46 AM

Tags
212223242526, 97, abs, backyard, bad, clip, codes, es300, lexus, obd, paper, pins, special, testing, touch, toyota