ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Windom Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-02, 11:56 AM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windom Emblems

In the midst of all this amazing HID stuff going on in this forum.....

I want to swap the ES300 badge with a WINDOM badge just to separate the car from the rest of the ES's on the road....and to make people think....WTF??!?!?!? is a LEXUS WINDOM???

Anybody know where to get WINDOM badges without spending triple digits? EBAY????

thanks
Old 10-27-02, 01:00 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just do a search on the net and you can most likely get them somewhere.. A specialty store or soemthing, or from over seas if you have to .. Ebay might have some, but just check around. That would be cool to see..

Adam " Lexist "
Old 10-27-02, 03:32 PM
George Hsieh
Lead Lap

Smile

I been searching for the windom for a little while, too. and I finally got it. but it need my friend go to Japan and go down to the toyota dealer and buy one.. if you have friend who went back to Japan it only cost around $22... or you can buy it online I think I know a place who carry them and it cost around $40.... if you like them I can start searching for it now....
Here is mine,, it's too bright,, I know it's tooo close..
Attached Thumbnails Windom Emblems-speaker-1007.jpg  
Old 10-27-02, 05:57 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

My dad goes to Japan often on business but I guess to save $18 it's not worth to go too far out of his way.

If you could hook me up with that $40 emblem site that would be great!!! I just need it in gold to match the rest of the emblems. Thanks!!!
Old 10-27-02, 09:09 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here ya go...
windom badges
Attached Thumbnails Windom Emblems-windom-logo.jpg  
Old 10-27-02, 11:23 PM
92Es300 5sPd
Rookie

Default Im not trying to bite of ya but

Im not trying to bite but the thought of that emblem on the back of my es is kick ***. I know a hsit load of poeple would be like what the hell is a lexus windom lol well thanks for posting that and does anyone know if that is a emblem that sticks on?

I own a 92 and Im htinking if i did it i would put it on the right of the L symbol my es300 whitch goes on the taillight for my year is gone so it owuld look nice
Old 10-28-02, 05:13 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the link egainer, I emailed them to get more info and am currently awaiting a response.

One gripe: the price is kind of steep.
Old 10-28-02, 05:38 PM
iNdoMeX
Driver

just wondering.....does windom have a symbol or anything like soarer or is that WINDOM badge the symbol?
Old 10-28-02, 09:25 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

i don't think you should swith the emblems around. if you have windom on the back, you should have the toyota signs. i like the soarer idea better, how the griffin can go on the front by itself. if you change it to toyota, i dont think it's going to look as good. IMO
Old 10-29-02, 02:25 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Why would one degrade his/her car buy putting on Toyota emblems? It's hard enough for most people to believe the 92-96 is a Lexus anyway.
Old 10-29-02, 04:33 PM
Millatyme
Lead Lap

How did u get the emblem off of the taillight 92Es300 5sPd?
Because I would like to see if i could get it off and put only the ES300 emblem on the right side of the trunk lid like the newer years....but i would have to ....1. get the whole emblem off. and 2. seperate the emblem from the red mounting piece that is between the emblem and the right taillight plastic now. It would be a tremendouse help for me if anyone has any input... The emblem on the taillight to me is the wierdest thing Lexus has ever done. Thanx a lot.
Old 10-29-02, 04:50 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

millatyme, you can't seperate the red from the logo, but you can take that one off, then buy an "ES 300" logo and put that on. it should cost you about $23

i also agree with xenon about putting the toyota emblems on, it only looks cool on the soarer because it has the different logo... the griffin. i like the names, but i wouldnt have a "Lexus" "Windom" by only switching the "ES 300". to me that doesn't seem right

Last edited by EGainer; 10-29-02 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-30-02, 04:31 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

some guy in my complex has a black first gen. Lexus Aristo......i should get a pic of that sometime. i agree, it should either be lexus es300 or toyota windom. its kinda funny how we think the japanese stuff is cooler and they think the american stuff is cooler. this is the opening page of the toyota 2003 windom catalog from japan. they combined the 2.
Attached Thumbnails Windom Emblems-lexwindom.jpg  
Old 10-30-02, 06:11 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

meZoom, there is a guy in the GS forum with a black GS with 'Lexus Aristo' badges. Don't remember his location, maybe same guy as in your complex ??

I disagree with going with Toyota Windom. First of all, very few people can recognize that the 92-96 ES IS A LEXUS in the FIRST PLACE!!! By putting Toyota emblems on the ES I guarantee NOBODY will notice or even care the car is actually supposed to be a Lexus. One of the major perks of the ES is the fact that people notice you are driving a LEXUS, and not some ordinary plain-jane Toyota.

But, by making it LEXUS WINDOM, people will stop and think...."does Lexus make this car? I thought they only had alphanumberic nameplates.... Cool!"
Old 10-31-02, 01:23 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

xenon, i disagree with you though. by making it a lexus windom, you are assuming that some certain form of people see your car. somebody who knows a little about lexus, but who doesn't know a lot. whenever i talk to people about lexus, i tell them which one i drive. it means nothing to them, they do not know es300. some do, but most dont. it seems that they only know the IS300, cause thats the want they want. they also do not realize that lexus only makes model names with the engine size along with the letter title. by you wanting people to know that it is a lexus and not just "some" toyota, you are sounding pretentious, in my opinion. i had a friend who took his bmw badge off and put it on his miata so that people would think it was a bmw 3series. but any real car person knows that it is not. by changing the badge to LEXUS windom, instead of TOYOTA windom, you are switching the badges and degrading the car in that way (IMO). The car is either a toyota windom, or a lexus es300. you wouldnt want to make it a toyota es300 would you? if you want to switch the badges, that's fine. but i think the badges on my car should stay as they are, unless i change all of them. or unless the es300 had it's own emblem, such as the soarer griffen....

oh yeah, people instantly recognize mine as a lexus, but that may have to do with the clubLexus banner accross my windsheild. lol. it's the new es300s that they do not recognize as well...

as you said in the other thread "Who are they trying to make feel stupid?"

but this is all just my opinion

Last edited by EGainer; 10-31-02 at 01:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Windom Emblems